Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2024 4:21:16 PM EDT
I'm looking for feedback on Hub compatible tri lug adaptors. What have you personally used? I have used the rugged tri lug with great results on a rugged can, but I also had a bad experience with a hansohn mount for a legacy tirant. It was far too loose to use. My experience is limited to those two. If rugged made a hub unit, that's what I would run. I see Sico has one, Griffin has one, and many others. My limited experience tells me not all mounts are equal. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive used the YHM on the R9 for my Mp5 with good results.

I havent used Griffin's HUB 3 lug, but I have used their own size on the Revolution 45 and been very happy with that.  I cant imagine the HUB version would be any different.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a YHM one that works fine.

I prefer the Bixler-style mount made by Shaw Armament (formerly made by Curtis Tactical prior to acquisition by Shaw). It is rock-solid and does not depend upon a spring for lockup.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the YHM mount in a R9 and it works well. Locks up nice and tight on my SP5. YHM's customer service is also excellent. I had one of the gen 1 mounts and they upgraded it to a gen 2 heavy duty version for free.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:42:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#4]
The only HUB/Bravo/1.375x24 3 lug mounts I am aware of are YHM and Resilient. The Resilient one is working well on my Lithium. I'm standardizing on Kaw Valley 3 lug muzzle devices and Alpha pattern mounts for my other suppressors.

ETA: I see where SiCo basically needs an transition piece to use the Alpha pattern 3 lug mount in their HUB mount. Seems to be adding additional parts, weight, cost.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the SiCo and resilient.  The resilient is much tighter and way less wobble.  It also is lower profile and looks better.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Joe (Previously of Curtis Tactical) Shaw Armament is doing a run now of the 'Bixler' 3 lug mounts in a few different thread patterns including hub.
No springs or o-rings to fail and NO wobble.  Locks up rock solid.

https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=553
https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=777

There website sux and the link doesn't tell you what this is but it is for the Dead Air cans.  https://www.shawarms.com/products/thundercan-41182-11646-5176
They will hopefully update with the Hub and other patterns when done.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By amphibian:
Joe (Previously of Curtis Tactical) Shaw Armament is doing a run now of the 'Bixler' 3 lug mounts in a few different thread patterns including hub.
No springs or o-rings to fail and NO wobble.  Locks up rock solid.
https://c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Bixler-Patent.png

https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=553

There website sux and the link doesn't tell you what this is but it is for the Dead Air cans.  https://www.shawarms.com/products/thundercan-41182-11646-5176
They will hopefully update with the Hub and other patterns when done.
View Quote

I want to try one of these but holy cow their site IS garbage after trying to use it earlier.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:59:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amphibian] [#8]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I want to try one of these but holy cow their site IS garbage after trying to use it earlier.
View Quote
Yes sir it is....
I am looking forward to getting a 'Bixler' mount for alpha threads to use in conjunction with a Rad9 in short config or a Cash9k but I'll wait for the fast transfer frenzy to calm down.  
Seems all the stellar reviews with that can are with the thread mount and when you use the typical push/turn 3 lug mount it is loud since it is basically bypassing the expansion chamber in such a short configuration (5.15").  Going to the Bixler mount should position the muzzle about the same location as the thread mount with a much better lock up and nothing to fail.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Same, I’d like to know what I’m buying will actually fit my suppressor before dropping almost $200
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 46and_22s:

Same, I'd like to know what I'm buying will actually fit my suppressor before dropping almost $200
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 46and_22s:

Same, I'd like to know what I'm buying will actually fit my suppressor before dropping almost $200
Call and ask for Joe and he will make sure you get the right thing...and complain about the website so I'm not the only one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Call and ask for Joe and he will make sure you get the right thing...and complain about the website so I'm not the only one.
View Quote

I have also recommended several times that they list the thread patterns on various products, so you are not alone.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:58:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#12]
Originally Posted By amphibian: Call and ask for Joe and he will make sure you get the right thing…
View Quote

I wanted to clarify too and instead of having me order off the site, Joe sent me an invoice directly to ensure I get the DA pattern I need. It also seems to have saved me $15 shipping.

ETA: he said they’re available in 1.180-24, 1.203-28, and 1.375-24
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:00:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

ETA: he said they're available in 1.180-24, 1.203-28, and 1.375-24
View Quote
He is also making at least 1 in 1.118 - 24 for me.  Used in the old Trinity / Multimount / Trident and Liberty Mystic also uses that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 1:37:00 AM EDT
[#14]
The only HUB/Bravo/1.375x24 3 lug mounts I am aware of are YHM and Resilient. The Resilient one is working well on my Lithium. I'm standardizing on Kaw Valley 3 lug muzzle devices and Alpha pattern mounts for my other suppressors.

ETA: I see where SiCo basically needs an transition piece to use the Alpha pattern 3 lug mount in their HUB mount. Seems to be adding additional parts, weight, cost.
View Quote

I’ve used the Griffin 3-lug mount parts in the SiCo Hybrid 46 booster cage / housing.  The Rugged 3-lug parts should fit as well.  Both Griffin & Rugged aren’t encapsulated as a stand alone unit but thread into a booster housing with an alpha rear threading. Basically you insert a spring, thrust bushing, and hold together with the tri-lobe cap.  I don’t think the YHM housing uses an alpha-threaded retention cap but is otherwise similar in design to the Hybrid 46 housing with Griffin or Rugged 3-lug internals.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I just ordered one.  He said the only one that's in stock at the moment is the 1.203x28, the rest (including .45 ones) are in process now.

This place is always costing me money.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a YHM R9 and a AP5.
Sounds like the Shaw 3lug would be a good fit???

I want to get another 9mm suppressor to use on AR9.  
Ive been reading far too many threads.  Have no real consensus.
Semi-auto, would like less blowback than R9.
Maybe there is a better option for the MP5 amd I should keep the R9 for the AR9?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

I’ve used the Griffin 3-lug mount parts in the SiCo Hybrid 46 booster cage / housing.  The Rugged 3-lug parts should fit as well.  Both Griffin & Rugged aren’t encapsulated as a stand alone unit but thread into a booster housing with an alpha rear threading. Basically you insert a spring, thrust bushing, and hold together with the tri-lobe cap.  I don’t think the YHM housing uses an alpha-threaded retention cap but is otherwise similar in design to the Hybrid 46 housing with Griffin or Rugged 3-lug internals.
View Quote

Interesting. So the booster cage/housing is compatible with the rugged tri lug? Do I have that right? Presumably, my other rugged assembly/pistons could be threaded in as well? This seems economical, with the cost being tolerance stacking and potentially weight. I suppose this would give me the option to run my sub gun can on pistols as well.
This part: https://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-bravo-piston-mount-booster-assembly-hybrid-ac1417.html
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By maynardjay:

Interesting. So the booster cage/housing is compatible with the rugged tri lug? Do I have that right? Presumably, my other rugged assembly/pistons could be threaded in as well? This seems economical, with the cost being tolerance stacking and potentially weight. I suppose this would give me the option to run my sub gun can on pistols as well.
This part: https://www.capitolarmory.com/silencerco-bravo-piston-mount-booster-assembly-hybrid-ac1417.html
View Quote

Yes, the ac1417 basically acts as an alpha-to-bravo thread adapter and since Rugged pistons are same format as SiCo, the 3-lug fits inside. I recall the Rugged 3-lug retainer cap threaded in quite close so the Rugged cap wrench or a non-marring tool like Knipex smooth jaw pliers is almost a necessity for disassembly.  

I was a little bummed when my YHM bravo-threaded booster didn’t have alpha threads allowing it to be converted to a 3-lug. Oh well.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By networkguru:
I have a YHM R9 and a AP5.
Sounds like the Shaw 3lug would be a good fit???

I want to get another 9mm suppressor to use on AR9.  
Ive been reading far too many threads.  Have no real consensus.
Semi-auto, would like less blowback than R9.
Maybe there is a better option for the MP5 amd I should keep the R9 for the AR9?
View Quote
I think you guys will really like the Bixler nut design.  Not that you don't completely remove the nut from the male threads.  Just loosen enough the clear the lugs, rotate and pull forward when tightening so the nut is is engaging the lugs.  Takes a little getting used to but worth it.  ALWAYS makes sure you give it a forward tug to make sure it is secure.
You can see in my picture below  that I can't access the nut but it isn't a problem.

\

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:37:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Well I'm willing to wait for the Shaw adapter.
My AP5 has a direct thread tri-lug MD so I can at least run my R9 on it for now.
And I am monitoring a couple sites for a CA$H9.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#21]
My AP5 has a direct thread tri-lug MD so I can at least run my R9 on it for now.
View Quote
I just ordered a Ca$h9k.   Paid more than I should have but only live once
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:14:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Can you confirm the Shaw 3 lug is hub 1.375”-24?

https://www.shawarms.com/products/thundercan-41182-11646-5176
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By okiekid1870:
Can you confirm the Shaw 3 lug is hub 1.375"-24?

https://www.shawarms.com/products/thundercan-41182-11646-5176
View Quote
I answered that question in my first post in this thread and even put the same link you just referenced in my post.  
Yes, their website sux and that link is for the Dead Air thread pattern which is the only ones they have in stock right now but they just started doing a run of other thread patterns I think last week including hub.  I have already told Joe they need to fix the site but obviously as the head master gunsmith, I don't think he does website design as well.  I am going to try hitting him at least once a week to get a status.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I answered that question in my first post in this thread and even put the same link you just referenced in my post.  
Yes, their website sux and that link is for the Dead Air thread pattern which is the only ones they have in stock right now but they just started doing a run of other thread patterns I think last week including hub.  I have already told Joe they need to fix the site but obviously as the head master gunsmith, I don't think he does website design as well.  I am going to try hitting him at least once a week to get a status.
View Quote

So I actually just talked to them. Got a note added to my order I needed 1.375”-24.

Also, they just updated their website with a drop down to select various sizes.  

I was told they would have 1.375”-24 going out in ~2 weeks.  

Very nice people! Rare to get a real human first try and a prompt callback with additional info.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#25]

So I actually just talked to them. Got a note added to my order I needed 1.375”-24.

I was told they would have 1.375”-24 going out in ~2 weeks.  

Very nice people! Rare to get a real human first try and a prompt callback with additional info.  

https://imgur.com/a/Wg2DyTy

View Quote

Great info!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#26]
how much?

Im thinking hard about it.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#27]
how much?

Im thinking hard about it.  
View Quote

$169. Their prices are the same regardless of size.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#28]

So I actually just talked to them. Got a note added to my order I needed 1.375"-24.

I was told they would have 1.375"-24 going out in ~2 weeks.  

View All Quotes

So I actually just talked to them. Got a note added to my order I needed 1.375"-24.

I was told they would have 1.375"-24 going out in ~2 weeks.  

Yep he emailed early this AM that they just updated the site finally.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:38:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: peachy] [#29]
I may pickup a couple more HUB Bixlers.

For anyone interested, Curtis/Shaw has also made a .45 Bixler for me in the past.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:37:06 AM EDT
[#30]
I like the Kaw Valley MACH 3-lug adapters (Optics Planet had them cheap) and if you pair it with this then you have a hub mountable 3 lug.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By peachy:

For anyone interested, Curtis/Shaw has also made a .45 Bixler for me in the past.
View Quote
Yes, he made them for me as well.  Note that unlike the 9mm 3 lugs which all should adhere to the HK standard, that is not the case with .45.  
@Green0 (Griffin Armament) that they use the HK MP5 .40/10mm 3 lug dimensions so I went with theirs.  That is what I shipped to Joe back in the day to clone.
I would presume that is what he continues to make today.
Silencerco does not match the HK MP5 .40/10mm 3 lug dimensions so you have to stick with them for both sides.
Some links on my site:
https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=2002

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes, he made them for me as well.  Note that unlike the 9mm 3 lugs which all should adhere to the HK standard, that is not the case with .45.  
@Green0 (Griffin Armament) that they use the HK MP5 .40/10mm 3 lug dimensions so I went with theirs.  That is what I shipped to Joe back in the day to clone.
I would presume that is what he continues to make today.
Silencerco does not match the HK MP5 .40/10mm 3 lug dimensions so you have to stick with them for both sides.
Some links on my site:
https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=2002

https://c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/GA-Sico_45-3lug.jpg

https://c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Bixler-Griffin5.png

View Quote

Mine fits the SiCo .45 3-lug, which is made to the B&T standard for .45 3-lugs per my understanding.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:24:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#33]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey guys, Joe here from Shaw Armament Systems.
Since there is a lot of interest in the Bixler 3 lug mounts I figured I would jump in here and let everyone know where we're at on the 3 lug mounts. We have the nuts completed, these are the same across all the mounts. We are running 1.375-24 in 9mm and 45cal(our 45cal is .641 diameter bore), we will then be moving on to 1.180-24, 1.125-28, and 1.118-24. We have the 1.203-28 in stock. We should have all the variants ran by the end of next week, we will then be sending them all out for DLC. If there is a different thread you want other than what is listed now is a good time to let me know, my email is [email protected].

On another note, we updated the mounts on our website but we are in the process of having our thundercans.com and shawarms.com websites completely rebuilt by a professional SEO company.

Thanks,
Joseph Jones
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Joseph-Jones-SAS:
Hey guys, Joe here from Shaw Armament Systems.
Since there is a lot of interest in the Bixler 3 lug mounts I figured I would jump in here and let everyone know where we're at on the 3 lug mounts. We have the nuts completed, these are the same across all the mounts. We are running 1.375-24 in 9mm and 45cal(our 45cal is .641 diameter bore), we will then be moving on to 1.180-24, 1.125-28, and 1.118-24. We have the 1.203-28 in stock. We should have all the variants ran by the end of next week, we will then be sending them all out for DLC. If there is a different thread you want other than what is listed now is a good time to let me know, my email is [email protected].

On another note, we updated the mounts on our website but we are in the process of having our thundercans.com and shawarms.com websites completely rebuilt by a professional SEO company.

Thanks,
Joseph Jones
View Quote

Welcome and thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I decided to go with the Shaw 3 lug HUB mount. For my use, I want the quietest solution possible, and it seemed likely keeping a longer standoff from the muzzle would achieve that for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:47:54 AM EDT
[#37]
I ordered a Wolfman SAS 3 Lug 10 days ago and I haven’t seen it ship yet. Has anyone else received their order yet?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:09:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
I ordered a Wolfman SAS 3 Lug 10 days ago and I haven’t seen it ship yet. Has anyone else received their order yet?
View Quote

Negative.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
View Quote

As of last Wednesday: We will be sending them out to DLC next week, I think that is around a week turn around and they will ship as soon as we get them back.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

Hey A,
I just found a Cash9 available and ordered it.
Be a while till I can use it.  
Did your Cash9 get approved yet?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Hey A,
View All Quotes

Hey A,
Yeah...I already posted a short review here but nobody responded: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Short-Cash9K-Rad9-review/20-551586/
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah...I already posted a short review here but nobody responded: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Short-Cash9K-Rad9-review/20-551586/
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Have the SHAW trilug mounts in HUB spec started shipping?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Have the SHAW trilug mounts in HUB spec started shipping?
View Quote
I asked Joe for an update 3 days ago and he replied this to me,

"With yourself and Jay at Pew putting it out that we we're making all these 3 lug mounts we had a couple hundred get order. We just pushed our shcedule out to run more of these so we are still running the 1.375-24 now and will move on to the other thread sizes as we get them done."
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol, nice.  
The ARFcom effect.
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#46]
I ordered the one for Wolfman which he said was in stock yet mine hasn’t shipped in two weeks now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top