Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2024 1:46:55 AM EDT
Mexican national, work visa, limited duration state driver license, same state hunting license.

Customer put down the wrong # for the I-94.  NICS went from Processing to Delay on a Sunday.  Tuesday reported Denial, so I closed out the 4473 in FastBound, printed it, & filed it w/ Denials.  Emailed customer the appeals pamphlet.

Wednesday, get Final Status available... from FBI.  Go look see what's going on - sonofabitch he's got a Proceed!  Call customer, pull 4473 out, print Proceed, notate Proceed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 3:10:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a DELAY from state on a receiver. After several days, no word, so we transferred.  A full month later, state calls with a PROCEED.  OK, well, we did that a month ago, duly noted.   The very next day, state calls again and now says it's a DENIED and want his address so they can sic ATF on him.   He's a repeat customer, with prior approvals, so I call him and tell him what happened and to get his butt over here ASAP with the receiver.  He does. I take possession and call state and tell them I have possession.  State says OK.  State also supposed to send this guy a letter about it.  As of weeks later, they still hadn't done it.  

About 2-3 months later, ATF calls and they only just now got notified about it by state.  I tell them I have possession.  That's all they want to hear.  No issue.  I don't know what happened with the guy.  He said no new issues since his previous approval.    Dunno.   Last thing I told him was when he gets issue with state straightened out, come by and fill out a new 4473.  

That was last summer.  I still have the receiver.  Haven't heard from the guy.

NH dealers tried to get redundant and poorly done state system tossed in favor of NICS a couple years ago, but our RINO governor vetoed the bill.    Gotta protect that bureaucracy!

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
.....I call him and tell him what happened and to get his butt over here ASAP with the receiver.  He does. I take possession and call state and tell them I have possession.
View Quote

Why would you call a potential felon to give them a heads up? You may have obstructed or interfered in a criminal investigation by doing so.

Retrieving the firearm is not your responsibility, not required by any ATF regulation or federal law.

Let ATF, local PD and the FBI do their job.

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

Why would you call a potential felon to give them a heads up? You may have obstructed or interfered in a criminal investigation by doing so.

Retrieving the firearm is not your responsibility, not required by any ATF regulation or federal law.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
.....I call him and tell him what happened and to get his butt over here ASAP with the receiver.  He does. I take possession and call state and tell them I have possession.

Because he was a customer? The guy already had guns so it's not like it was a safety thing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Because he was a customer?
View Quote

Being a customer has nothing to do with it.

It's not your job.

The last thing a dealer needs is being involved in an FBI/ATF/local PD active investigation where he contacted the subject to warn them of said investigation.

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]

It's not your job.

The last thing a dealer needs is being involved in an FBI/ATF/local PD active investigation where he contacted the subject to warn them of said investigation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Because he was a customer?

It's not your job.

Makes sense when the Rule of Law is actually in force.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bigbore:

I have 1 customer who gets denied every time.  NICS calls back within 24 hours every time to change it to a proceed.

This is a Toledo resident with the exact same name and DOB as a convicted felon also living in Toledo...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigbore:
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Mexican national, work visa, limited duration state driver license, same state hunting license.

Customer put down the wrong # for the I-94.  NICS went from Processing to Delay on a Sunday.  Tuesday reported Denial, so I closed out the 4473 in FastBound, printed it, & filed it w/ Denials.  Emailed customer the appeals pamphlet.

Wednesday, get Final Status available... from FBI.  Go look see what's going on - sonofabitch he's got a Proceed!  Call customer, pull 4473 out, print Proceed, notate Proceed.

I have 1 customer who gets denied every time.  NICS calls back within 24 hours every time to change it to a proceed.

This is a Toledo resident with the exact same name and DOB as a convicted felon also living in Toledo...

Ooof.  Our Texas LTC skips NICS, so I tell my Hispanic customers & Smiths to get their LTC.  Oddly, I had a Mrs Jones get an instant proceed Saturday, I was expecting a Delay.  I also had a Hispanic customer Sunday who didn't put down her SSN, NMN, also get an instant proceed late on Sunday afternoon.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Ring, ring!

Hello, backbencher.

Sir, I'm looking for a Barrett .50 cal rifle, could you get me one?

No sir, that's not really my line.

Are you a private seller?

No sir, I'm an FFL.  It says that on my card with my phone number you've called.

Oh right.  Could you get me some ARs or some Dracos?

Sure, that wouldn't be a problem, but you'd have to do the paperwork in your name.

Even for 5-10 ARs or AKs?

Sir, if you're going to do a straw purchase, please go do it with someone else.

Allright sir, sorry to bother you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top