Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2024 3:40:50 PM EDT
I currently have an MTEK bump with mlok attachment rails. I am not a fan of the Sordin Supreme headband option under the helmet.

I am looking at a budget of  under 500.00 to get a quality headset  (Sordin top end or similar) that would direct mount to the helmet for streamlining. What mount and headset am I looking for? Does the mlok rail limit my options?

Feel free to direct link product you’ve found reputable for this fairly common problem.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:51:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNShewter] [#1]
They aren’t comms sordins, but I’m using the Unity MARKs with the SARA adapters on the team wendy rail which uses Mlok.  I like them but they don’t stow that well.  There is no “click-out” option and they don’t stow on the back of the helmet in any way that seems safe for the gel cups.  So they pretty much just stay down.  If the helmet’s on, then my ear pro are on.  Works for me though.

Attachment Attached File

And in for more info too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]
@DefenderAO honestly I’d call mtek and explain to them what you want to do (I like my peltor 3s) and they should get you a parts list if needed items to hook it all up.  

Either SORDins or comtacs will be fine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I forget who but there is an adapter to put the ops-core amp arms on a Mlok helmet rail. and then get comtac 3 used for 300 and comtac to amp arm adapters. that would be my setup. Im still on old school rails with peltor mounts. they work pretty well but the click out feature can get loose if you have a lot of shit going on like masks or goggles and stuff. Ideally I will eventually swap the amp arms in.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:10:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
I forget who but there is an adapter to put the ops-core amp arms on a Mlok helmet rail. and then get comtac 3 used for 300 and comtac to amp arm adapters. that would be my setup. Im still on old school rails with peltor mounts. they work pretty well but the click out feature can get loose if you have a lot of shit going on like masks or goggles and stuff. Ideally I will eventually swap the amp arms in.
View Quote

@slappimatt I’d be careful getting comtac 3s (I have a pair too) as they won’t work/repair them anymore. When I called 3m they told me they don’t have parts for them anymore.  

If I was OP I’d future proof myself and get a current protection set of something.  But current peltors are more then $500
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:40:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1iviper] [#5]
if you have sordins and you like them just get some SARA adapters to fit them on some team wendy exfil/peltor adapters or unity tactical marks that are m-lok compatible , it would be one of the least costly routes

edit to add : unity tactical does sell m-lok adapters for the mark's
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MTNShewter:
They aren't comms sordins, but I'm using the Unity MARKs with the SARA adapters on the team wendy rail which uses Mlok.  I like them but they don't stow that well.  There is no "click-out" option and they don't stow on the back of the helmet in any way that seems safe for the gel cups.  So they pretty much just stay down.  If the helmet's on, then my ear pro are on.  Works for me though.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249581/IMG_2928_jpeg-3187082.JPG
View Quote
you should look at replacing the marks with some team wendy exfil adapters , they both lock in and out and will stow to the rear

being able to click them out to get some air to your ears without having to remove the helmet is worth the price of admission alone , plus it makes putting the helmet on or taking it off much easier

here's a couple of pics showing them parked out back , i have gel cups and have had no issues with them deforming or anything.  i don't store it like that though , if i'm not using it and it's in it's case i stow the ear cups down and closed

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Really good feedback so far. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
you should look at replacing the marks with some team wendy exfil adapters , they both lock in and out and will stow to the rear

being able to click them out to get some air to your ears without having to remove the helmet is worth the price of admission alone , plus it makes putting the helmet on or taking it off much easier

here's a couple of pics showing them parked out back , i have gel cups and have had no issues with them deforming or anything.  i don't store it like that though , if i'm not using it and it's in it's case i stow the ear cups down and closed

https://i.postimg.cc/K8ymPLSJ/20200918_135643.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/6qkt1476/20200918_135750.jpg
View Quote

Hey, seriously, thank you.  I will have to look at how to route the cable through the helmet if I go this route.  I don’t feel like I have enough slack to stow them up very far and prevent the cord pulling taught somewhere in the padding.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#9]
AMP Arms can work as-is on the MTEK Rail if you never need to quickly remove the entire Arm - I've done it on 3 Helmets.

Cut at the pencil, remove the rail, do some light sanding to get it to fit under the rail, reassemble.

Or just buy stuff - I think by now, Unity has parts to make everything work with everything.

Home / Helmet Accessories
Platform Adapter™

The Unity Tactical Platform Adapter was developed in response to Special Operations Forces wanting to attach the USSOCOM-contracted AMP™ Tactical Headset from Ops-Core® to non-ARC™ Railed helmet platforms. The Platform Adapter will convert the AMP™ Helmet Arm to interface with Team Wendy® EXFIL™ (1-3.0) Rails as well as M-LOK rails used by manufacturers such as MTEK® and Hard Head Veterans®.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
They aren't comms sordins, but I'm using the Unity MARKs with the SARA adapters on the team wendy rail which uses Mlok.  I like them but they don't stow that well.  There is no "click-out" option and they don't stow on the back of the helmet in any way that seems safe for the gel cups.  So they pretty much just stay down.  If the helmet's on, then my ear pro are on.  Works for me though.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249581/IMG_2928_jpeg-3187082.JPG

@1iviper

So we're looking at this product.

Are they MLOK compatible or will I need a new rail?  

I'd like to be able to use my headband Supremes but don't think I'm able?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:

@1iviper

View Quote

Looks like they’re made by TW for the 3.0 rail.  I might FO on this when I get sick of the MARK’s limitations.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]

@1iviper

View Quote
i think you want to look at the exfil adapters for the 2.0 rail , they have the mounting holes for the m-lok adapters.  i don't think the t-nuts that come with the exfil adapters are m-lok compatible but the unity mark m-lok adapters should work

2.0 rail adapters

it's been a while since i did this so i'm trying to remember but i think you might need the unity ess mounting studs also depending on the neckband on the sordins.  you'll have to take the sordins apart to do this , it's not hard to do.  here's a link to an old youtube video showing how its done.  i did the same for a buddy back then with a set of howard leight impact headphones i believe they were and i don't think they needed the ess studs or to be taken apart to mount them on the adapters

ess stud installation

with what's available nowadays you might want to look into a set of "clone" amp arms to hook your sordins to , it might be the easy button.  i've seen them on amazon for like $40 , if you don't like them or they're crap they're easy to return
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Hey, seriously, thank you.  I will have to look at how to route the cable through the helmet if I go this route.  I don't feel like I have enough slack to stow them up very far and prevent the cord pulling taught somewhere in the padding.
View Quote
i got lucky with routing the cable as i still have the old "hammock" helmet liner thats pretty open underneath by the shell , i do remember it was "taught"
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:37:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#14]
What product is this?

EDIT: AMPS Arms

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:40:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DefenderAO] [#15]
I think I've settled on this style which does fold out.  I would need to ensure headsets work with it and just both the unity pieces that allow for this mount.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I think I've settled on this style which does fold out.  I would need to ensure headsets work with it and just both the unity pieces that allow for this mount.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/183262/Adapter_2_png-3202797.JPG

View Quote
AXL RAC links will adopt your sordins to the amp arms

AXL RAC Link

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top