Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2024 12:19:43 PM EDT
I just want to know for my own knowledge so the back story isn’t important other than I purchased this with the understanding that it was authentic German HK. When I received it, I suspected it was actually an MKE but I’ve never seen or handled an MKE A3 stock in person, so I could be wrong. The main reason being that I have never seen an HK A3 stock without a welded seam on the under side of the receiver cap. It has the blank date code box just like both later HKs and MKE stocks. I own about a dozen German HK A3 stocks. The color, fit and finish seem spot on and there is no wobble when mounted on a HK receiver.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
@osprey21

Are your MKE A3 stocks smooth under the receiver cap portion or is there a weld seam?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, the smooth underside and lack of a weld is what made it suspicious to me. The initial MKE’s butt pad color seemed to be off by a couple of shades but it appears that the color is now nearly a perfect match. Like I said it fits perfectly with no wobble at all, I just wish I hadn’t spent HK money on an MKE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top