Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2023 10:22:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro]
Just ordered the gun.

I need folding stock options (and I guess the adapter for the 1913 rail?) Leaning toward Zhukov but open to other options.

Also looking for a folding charging handle. Is HBI the only option?

**Who do you guys recommend for barrel cut/thread? Ordered the 8" model because I wanted the extra rail length and all. I'd like to get the barrel cut back to around 6" or so and re threaded though.

Any other budget 9MM suppressor options worth looking at besides the obvious R9? Seems like they're out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag cause I’m going to do the same thing.  I’ll be ordering the S model with the 5” barrel and most likely adding an extended rail of some sort that will go over my suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:57:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoothrewpoo] [#2]
Mine. B&T/HK folding stock. Scorpion mag aluminum lower.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
OP, if you want an extended handguard, this is the one I have on mine, JTAC Extended Handguard

View Quote

@hoothrewpoo, did you have to do anything special to get that stock installed?  I have the on from Global Ordnance's website that's really too long. How's the LOP compared to the brace that came on the Stribog?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:36:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:
OP, if you want an extended handguard, this is the one I have on mine, JTAC Extended Handguard
View Quote

Thanks. While I'm sure it's quite functional, it just doesn't look very clean at all IMO.

I ended up ordering the 8" model and getting the barrel cut and re threaded at 6.5". I already got the Form 1 approved for it (record approval for me).

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:22:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DevL] [#5]
The factory collapsing brace is where it is at IMO (eventually converted to stock with SBR). It is low to allow a low optic mount. It is just the right length so you won't need extra LOP adjustments. You can barely cowitness irons with a Sig Romeo 5.

HBI handle is worth the money and only option. So is the extended bolt catch, the safety, and the buffer is mandatory to prevent damage and brass in the receiver. The trigger spring kit is so cheap you might as well get it.... and it works great.

I am just going to go with the In Lead We Trust barrel eventually vs a cut and thread. I am hoping that improves my 8-10 MOA group size I am currently getting. Everything else about the gun is excellent with the HBI parts.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bigtex84:
Tag cause I’m going to do the same thing.  I’ll be ordering the S model with the 5” barrel and most likely adding an extended rail of some sort that will go over my suppressor.
View Quote

Can't do a folding charging handle on shorty as far as I know. Just a FYI.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Deadsquiggles:

@hoothrewpoo, did you have to do anything special to get that stock installed?  I have the on from Global Ordnance's website that's really too long. How's the LOP compared to the brace that came on the Stribog?
View Quote

I purchased the Stribog stock adapter for this specific stock. Mine originally came as a pistol (no brace) - it was a simple install. The LOP (for me) is perfect.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 3:12:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#8]
Originally Posted By DevL:
The factory collapsing brace is where it is at IMO (eventually converted to stock with SBR). It is low to allow a low optic mount. It is just the right length so you won't need extra LOP adjustments. You can barely cowitness irons with a Sig Romeo 5.

HBI handle is worth the money and only option. So is the extended bolt catch, the safety, and the buffer is mandatory to prevent damage and brass in the receiver. The trigger spring kit is so cheap you might as well get it.... and it works great.

I am just going to go with the In Lead We Trust barrel eventually vs a cut and thread. I am hoping that improves my 8-10 MOA group size I am currently getting. Everything else about the gun is excellent with the HBI parts.
View Quote

I read too many mixed reviews on the ILWT barrel. Didn’t wanna deal with that. The OEM barrel with range FMJ generally seems to be able to do 5-6ish MOA pretty easily from all I’ve gathered. Thats about as good as any other PCC out there, regardless of how “high end” it is. 9mm is never going to be an incredibly accurate round at 100+ yards no matter what, nor did I buy the gun for purposes of shooting at those distances anyway. I have too many other rifles in other calibers and platforms that are far superior for that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#9]
The factory stock is quite good, comfortable, light, and integrates will with the frame, and locks closed with a frame cut already there.

If going suppressed, be sure to throw away the US marked roller block, and get the Euro 40 degree block (apparently GO will send it to you for free).  Not a terrible idea to get a spare roller.

Factory charging handle know and bolt release are fine, don't F'with them.  The HB buffer block is a good upgrade, as is their safety upgrade - get that, the stock safety is too small as is.  And the HB small profile "break" is a great low profile upgrade, thoughaybe not relevant if plan is to run suppressed.

Go order at least 10 of the curved mags.  And 1 20rnd mag for the bench.  Discard all the straight 30s.

Sights are up to you.  I run a red dot that includes drops, for shooting further.  I find a 25 yd zero is close to a 100 yard zero, depending, and just use that.  You can go closer, but the sight offset is so high that any distance other than the exact zero distance, (if say 15 yards), is going to be very jacked up anyway.  

If the made one small enough, I'd be tempted to run a cowitness green laser on the inside of the hanguard, to be right next to BBL axis, but nobody makes an Mlok laser that small.  Probably would hit your supressor anyway.

Link Posted: 1/16/2024 7:24:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#10]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
The factory stock is quite good, comfortable, light, and integrates will with the frame, and locks closed with a frame cut already there.

If going suppressed, be sure to throw away the US marked roller block, and get the Euro 40 degree block (apparently GO will send it to you for free).  Not a terrible idea to get a spare roller.

Factory charging handle know and bolt release are fine, don't F'with them.  The HB buffer block is a good upgrade, as is their safety upgrade - get that, the stock safety is too small as is.  And the HB small profile "break" is a great low profile upgrade, thoughaybe not relevant if plan is to run suppressed.

Go order at least 10 of the curved mags.  And 1 20rnd mag for the bench.  Discard all the straight 30s.

Sights are up to you.  I run a red dot that includes drops, for shooting further.  I find a 25 yd zero is close to a 100 yard zero, depending, and just use that.  You can go closer, but the sight offset is so high that any distance other than the exact zero distance, (if say 15 yards), is going to be very jacked up anyway.  

If the made one small enough, I'd be tempted to run a cowitness green laser on the inside of the hanguard, to be right next to BBL axis, but nobody makes an Mlok laser that small.  Probably would hit your supressor anyway.

View Quote

I think I've lost count of everything I got for it so far. I can never leave anything alone.

- HBI Zhukov stock
- YHM R9
- HBI folding charging handle
- HBI Locking charging block
- Lingle Gen 3 aluminum lower
- HBI buffer
- EOTech EXPS 2
- Surefire Mini Scout Pro
- Arisaka Finger Stop
- Unity Axon SL switch
- 40 degree roller lock
- OEM steel sights to replace the polymer ones

I think that's it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:

I read too many mixed reviews on the ILWT barrel. Didn’t wanna deal with that. The OEM barrel with range FMJ generally seems to be able to do 5-6ish MOA pretty easily from all I’ve gathered. Thats about as good as any other PCC out there, regardless of how “high end” it is. 9mm is never going to be an incredibly accurate round at 100+ yards no matter what, nor did I buy the gun for purposes of shooting at those distances anyway. I have too many other rifles in other calibers and platforms that are far superior for that.
View Quote

The complaints with ILWT Stribog barrels have been oversized integrated 3 lugs only. I have not seen any other complaints. I got the threaded 6.3" ILWT barrel and it is excellent.  It is certainly better than the factory barrel, has a better radius on the chamber for feeding, is generally machined better, the accuracy is slightly better, etc. A great value at $200.

As for cutting barely back to 6.5" I find 6.3" could actually be cut back a few more thou and my 3 lug Omega 9k would still have room to seat. You should cut to 6.3" to be safe, but on certain suppressors you could do 6.25" for length; however, 6.25" is cutting it VERY close.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:46:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Klyde96] [#12]
B&T stock for sure and the HBI folding charging are good to go. I ended up going with a R45 for versatility but it’s a dedicated can for this gun right now.Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top