BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Henry Homesteader 9mm (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/16/2023 10:04:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunCollector12]
Anyone at shot show got any information on this rifle? Like the MSRP? I definitely need one. It has that old school nostalgia about it. Reminds me of the Ruger Deer Rifles in 44 mag.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/shot-show-the-henry-homesteader-9mm-semi-automatic-carbine/amp/
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool lookin', I like it.  Glad Henry is expanding out into semiauto.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks life FRNA raffle item only for now.  If only it was tube feed
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
That's pretty cool.  Now somebody make a bolt action 9mm!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Now that is something I would like.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I don’t know why but I like it

Well…. The peep sights, ambi safety, and tapped for you choice of rail PLUS magwell modularity is good thinking.

I also think it looks like the French MAS series which are some of my favorite mil surps.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 12:41:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Just like before and right after the first AWB, the big gun manufacturers are planning alternatives in case the feds put a new ban in place
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 1:23:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BorderDave] [#7]
Another article just came out regarding this carbine:  https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/01/16/shot-2023-henry-usas-new-semiauto-9mm-carbine-homesteader/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

MSRP: $928-$959.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:39:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SFguy:
View Quote

Ria does.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Just saw this on Reddit. Seems like a fun plinker to me. 950 isn’t crazy and it’s good the Ruger pcc will have some competition
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Interesting .

Wonder if there is any plans for 45acp?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BorderDave:
Another article just came out regarding this carbine:  https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/01/16/shot-2023-henry-usas-new-semiauto-9mm-carbine-homesteader/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

MSRP: $928-$959.
View Quote

Oh ya that’s very reasonable. I’m assuming street price will be in the $850 range. I’m a lever action guy so the walnut stock and old look really appeal to me. Plus I have so many PPC this is something new and different in an old school way. I read that it has virtually no recoil either. It says it’s direct blow block but would be interesting to see what the internals look like.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#12]
In 10mm taking Glock mags sure I'd take one for $950.

In 9mm not so much for that price.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By vengarr:

Ria does.
View Quote

Any details?  I'm not seeing it on their website.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#14]
It has that retro gun vibe in the best kind of way. It looks like it would fit right along next to a BAR or A5 shotgun in terms of astetics. If it's reliable I think it has potential to be a hit.

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Ria does.
View Quote

I believe RIA made a 22 TCM bolt action that people were able to fit a 9mm barrel to (no other changes required).  I followed some of the guys doing this awhile back.
I don't believe they ever made a 9mm bolt action from the factory.  I could be wrong though...
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SFguy:
View Quote

Even better,  a lever action.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 8:18:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 8:54:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I wish they made a short throw threaded .45acp Mare's leg that took 1911 mags with classic lines that hint more to steampunk than modern tactical.   That would be awesome and a stamp/short stock away from a great quiet sbr.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mrozowjj:
It has that retro gun vibe in the best kind of way. It looks like it would fit right along next to a BAR or A5 shotgun in terms of astetics. If it's reliable I think it has potential to be a hit.

View Quote

The Ruger is a heavy pig, this has my interest.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#21]
reminds me of the remington 740 series and 7400.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#22]
New For 2023: Henry Repeating Arms Homesteader
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BGENE:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BGENE:
Originally Posted By mrozowjj:

Do we know how much it weighs?

If they make a VP9 magwell, or a Beretta 92 magwell, I'm absolutely in.

And if someone makes a "mini BAR" cosmetic kit, I'm definitely in
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:If they make a VP9 magwell, or a Beretta 92 magwell, I'm absolutely in.
View Quote

Making a Beretta 92 magwell for Homesteader is on my radar, but it's too early to make any promises. We need guns ship first.

In addition the Beretta 92 magwell for Ruger PC took two years to make, while it went through half a dozen of design approaches. It is a particularly difficult magazine to support aftermarket, unless the gun is designed to take it.

I think VP9 would be a child's play, but it's very rarely requested outside of Arfcom. Even less demand than for XD.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By zaitcev:

Making a Beretta 92 magwell for Homesteader is on my radar, but it's too early to make any promises. We need guns ship first.

In addition the Beretta 92 magwell for Ruger PC took two years to make, while it went through half a dozen of design approaches. It is a particularly difficult magazine to support aftermarket, unless the gun is designed to take it.

I think VP9 would be a child's play, but it's very rarely requested outside of Arfcom. Even less demand than for XD.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:If they make a VP9 magwell, or a Beretta 92 magwell, I'm absolutely in.

Tell me more?  Like where to buy these?  Or where to subscribe to your newsletter for future product updates?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:53:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#26]
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#27]
This is GREAT!!  Reminds me of the, uh I'm blanking, Remington 08?  Turn of the century autoloader, one of the guns in the Barrow gang ambush I think....
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like a Daisey BB gun
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SnaitN:
This is GREAT!!  Reminds me of the, uh I'm blanking, Remington 08?  Turn of the century autoloader, one of the guns in the Barrow gang ambush I think....
View Quote

I was thinkingn mini BAR for some reason!!

Doc
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 1:34:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnaitN] [#30]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_8

This is what comes to mind for me.... I freaking want one of these Henrys for ZERO valid use reasons!
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#31]
I'd be interested in one only if they decide to make it in 45acp and run 1911 mags like the Marlin Camp carbines
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
Tell me more?  Like where to buy these?  Or where to subscribe to your newsletter for future product updates?
View Quote

Sorry of being obtuse, but did you mean Ruger or Henry by "these"? For Ruger, you just go to eBay. But Henry model does not yet exist. In fact the guns do not ship to customers yet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 2:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BGENE] [#33]

Sorry of being obtuse, but did you mean Ruger or Henry by "these"? For Ruger, you just go to eBay. But Henry model does not yet exist. In fact the guns do not ship to customers yet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:

Wrong

In stock and for sale on Gunbroker, almost bought one today but resisted.

You can see from pics at FFL:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Had my hands on one today. Gave it back really quick. Kind of crude, IMHO. Like a 2x4 carved with a dull machete. Very clunky and shouldered like a shovel. Where they got the price I have no idea. Maybe at $400 I might try it.

Have yet to see a accuracy report. I have my doubts based on experience with other Henry's.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Held one today.  It was heavier than expected and felt overbuilt.  Trigger was okish, but only pulled it once.   Build quality felt and looked 100% (it is a Henry).  Nothing really too objectionable or deal breaking, but think they could have come in a bit lighter.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:46:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kaijie] [#36]
This doesn't fill the market space better than a Ruger PC carbine IMO. PC Carbine also has take down feature and is several hundred cheaper.  No wood furniture though

Homestead is nice but wish they dumped the energy into something like the Lever Action 9mm POF Tombstone.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By kaijie:
This doesn't fill the market space better than a Ruger PC carbine IMO. PC Carbine also has take down feature and is several hundred cheaper.  No wood furniture though

Homestead is nice but wish they dumped the energy into something like the Lever Action 9mm POF Tombstone.
View Quote

I would prefer this to a Ruger PCC. I dont care for the takedown feature of the Ruger, and the wood furniture is classy. Though it could definitely be nicer if it was cheaper. Many options this year to spend money on, I cant buy them all at once.

Though I do agree with making a 9mm lever gun.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 8:25:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TX_Road_Warrior:
Looks like a Daisey BB gun
View Quote

This is what it reminds me of.
I wish it truly did have the finesse of an early 20th century semi auto, but it looks like a co2 bb rifle from the 90s.

Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#39]
So, after watching Honest Outlaw's vids on it, I wonder if Henry has un-fucked it yet?
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 9:12:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#40]
No disrespect to you guys who are attracted to such things.

But it’s a 9mm RIFLE.

When I need to do RIFLE stuff, 9mm doesn’t deliver.

It’s fine as a novelty I suppose. If you have time and money for novelties.

9mm in a well-vetted, heavy, short-barreled, suppressed, shoulder-fired, SELECT-FIRE weapon certainly serves a niche role. If you are into that sort of application.

This thing serves only to briefly appease the enemies of our right to self-defense, or to scoop up cash from the “it’ll be swell for the women and children” crowd, or for the cover of Outdoor Life magazine. Maybe the idea of hunting rabbits with it or some such.

They will make a run of them. Most of the run will sort-of function as advertised. With some ammunition. And if you “got a good one.” People won’t buy them after the initial release.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:
No disrespect to you guys who are attracted to such things.

But it’s a 9mm RIFLE.

When I need to do RIFLE stuff, 9mm doesn’t deliver.

It’s fine as a novelty I suppose. If you have time and money for novelties.

9mm in a well-vetted, heavy, short-barreled, suppressed, shoulder-fired, SELECT-FIRE weapon certainly serves a niche role. If you are into that sort of application.

This thing serves only to briefly appease the enemies of our right to self-defense, or to scoop up cash from the “it’ll be swell for the women and children” crowd, or for the cover of Outdoor Life magazine. Maybe the idea of hunting rabbits with it or some such.

They will make a run of them. Most of the run will sort-of function as advertised. With some ammunition. And if you “got a good one.” People won’t buy them after the initial release.
View Quote

You know this is the "Pistol Caliber Carbines" sub-forum, right?
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#42]
As a HD weapon where your max range is measured in feet, not yards, it's superior to a pistol of the same caliber in 2 important areas. 1st, it's much easier to aim accurately and 2nd, the longer barrel gives it about 200fps more velocity and a corresponding muzzle energy increase. Further, it has significantly lower report and muzzle blast than an AR as well. Think of it at close ranges as a M1 Carbine on steroids.  Mount a light on it and you're GTG.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By COSteve:
As a HD weapon where your max range is measured in feet, not yards, it's superior to a pistol of the same caliber in 2 important areas. 1st, it's much easier to aim accurately and 2nd, the longer barrel gives it about 200fps more velocity and a corresponding muzzle energy increase. Further, it has significantly lower report and muzzle blast than an AR as well. Think of it at close ranges as a M1 Carbine on steroids.  Mount a light on it and you're GTG.
View Quote

Wait, what?  9mm pcc > .30 carbine?
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:18:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#44]
Originally Posted By Chipper44mag:
Had my hands on one today. Gave it back really quick. Kind of crude, IMHO. Like a 2x4 carved with a dull machete. Very clunky and shouldered like a shovel. Where they got the price I have no idea. Maybe at $400 I might try it.

Have yet to see a accuracy report. I have my doubts based on experience with other Henry's.
View Quote

One guy on youtube had a dud.   Jam o matic with the base magazine system.  Got it back iirc with the Glock mag adapter which is what he wanted all along.  It still glitched for about six mags but seemed to get more reliable.

so I guess I am skeptical.  I was mildly curious but that $900 price tag is too much for my level of curiosity.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 9:01:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Snozberry] [#45]
Why does it need to weigh as much as an AR? That fact alone is so damn tiresome, especially at the asking price, and im definitely not seeing anyrhing special about that wood.
Link Posted: 7/23/2023 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Macchina:

I believe RIA made a 22 TCM bolt action that people were able to fit a 9mm barrel to (no other changes required).  I followed some of the guys doing this awhile back.
I don't believe they ever made a 9mm bolt action from the factory.  I could be wrong though...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Macchina:

Ria does.

The RIA bolt 22 TCMs, have been re-chambered to 9mm, but the bolt face needs to be modified. RIA had two different bolts, one has a Glock type extractor, and the other has a "long" extractor. Either one needs the face opened up a few thousands of an inch. The case head of the 22 TCM cartridge is the same as the 5.56 (0.378"), vs the 9mm Para (0.394"). So a converted RIA TCM is just a little bit more than a barrel swap.

Also to stay on topic:
The Homesteader does kind of have a Browning type vibe to it. I would like to see on in the flesh, before I decide if I need one or not.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Local Scheels got 2 in.  $919 on the tag.  It felt pretty solid, and wasn't too heavy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 2:53:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecondAmend] [#48]
In any case, as has been noted, the "Fudd" PCC is a pretty small market segment.  I have a Thompson 27A1 .45 ACP that punches my ticket for the category, and wish Henry the best of luck with their Homesteader 9mm product.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 12:14:05 PM EDT
[#49]
I do generally like Henry, but not this.

Will do the Ruger.

Doc
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Anybody know what model of Sig Sauer magazine it will accept?  If it's P226/228/229, I'm in. If it's P320, I'm out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Henry Homesteader 9mm (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top