Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2024 8:53:05 PM EDT
Anyone have one that can give me some feedback. Been looking at them. Though a 45/70 would be nice to add to the collection.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 44 mag version and like it . I may pick up one of the 45-70’s before fall or may go to the all weather 45-70. I have heard some concerns that some 45-70 single shot stocks crack, but were replaced by the factory . Fit and finish is everything one could hope for. Accuracy of my Henry rifles is not as tight as my Marlin rifles but  grandson took his first buck last fall over 200 yds with the single shot Henry 44 mag and he’s 8. Owning a single shot makes you learn to aim.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:14:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#2]
I don't have the Henry version.  I do have a now discontinued H&R 1871 break action exposed hammer .45-70. "Buffalo Classic".  It has a very strong action and can handle Buffalo Bore .45-70 "Magnum" loads which push 405gr soft point bullets at 2100 fps from its long 32" barrel.  They made a 22" barrel version called Handi-Rifle.

These are fun guns.  They are great for use in "Primitive Weapons" special deer seasons in some states.

The Henry appears to be a worthy successor.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a CVA Scout Takedown that I bought for a suppressor host.  Haven’t really shot it much yet due to ammo cost.   Just had to get the 45-70 after enjoying the 300 BO version.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Theres a used one locally.......for $500!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top