Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2022 9:05:37 PM EDT
After a few days over a year of waiting, I picked up my Mod 9 at the dealer this afternoon.  However, for the duration of the wait I was looking for a kydex holster to fit this setup.  Doesn't exist as far as I can tell.  Either it's the wrong light or the wrong pistol.  But with the can, light, and sight.....nope!  

Fool the shit out of me and prove me wrong!!

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Ditch the Olight and buy a X300, problem solved.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ditch the Olight and buy a X300, problem solved.
View Quote

$300 for identical lumens and a larger/heavier/bulkier non-rechargeable light?  

I guess it is an option.  Other than TRex what holsters are you thinking of?
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Get rid of the piece of shit light and buy a Trex holster.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]

I wonder if it'd work with the P80.  I wouldn't care about sanding off the trigger guard bump.  Not the best reviews but definitely a possibility for range use.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Get rid of the piece of shit light and buy a Trex holster.
View Quote

Piece of shit....how so?  I have a dozen Olights and haven't had any issues with them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
ditch the Olight and buy Surefire or if on a budget buy a TLR-1
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ditch the Olight and buy Surefire or if on a budget buy a TLR-1
View Quote

I have several TLR lights.  Not following you on holsters though.  Any links?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks
View Quote

I've had several holsters for various P80 models made by Knightfall Customs.
They've all held up well, reasonably comfortable, carry well.
Pretty good prices even on fully "custom" work.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I have half dozen of Gilbert's rigs.  EXCELLENT quality!! However, tonight is the third time I've contacted him in the last year and I'm getting the impression that a holster that accommodates a silencer is going to be too tall an order.....or do you have one??  Price-wise Knightfall is an absolute bargain!!!

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 7:29:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Jack at Keystone Concealment did this for a mutual customer. There were some engineering challenges getting retention due to the light size that I had to assist with, but the holster retains off the light body and suppressor (Thompson Poseidon).

You're likely going to have to go custom with a P80 and O-Light. The trick with that now is the ATF's new "PMF" marking requirements if you're going to leave your firearm with a FFL to have a holster made.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Piece of shit....how so?  I have a dozen Olights and haven't had any issues with them.
View Quote

No one had an issue with the titanic. Until they did.

Seriously my guy. They’re not recommended by literally any training academy or professional instructor.  I actually know of a few that ban them from classes. It’s well documented that under certain conditions they literally explode.  

Weapons lights start with S.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hogue Powerspeed holster. Customizable to just about anything you could think of. If the supplied shims won’t make it fit, break out your woodworking skills and make a shim that does work.

If I can make it work on a suppressed Desert Eagle, your little Glock lookalike should be no problem. Even with the light.

https://i.imgur.com/g5ShubU.jpg
View Quote

Certainly worth a try!!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
It would be worth it, Olight is the only WML brand that has a confirmed kill due to being such poor quality lights.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 10:48:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It would be worth it, Olight is the only WML brand that has a confirmed kill due to being such poor quality lights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone was killed by an Olight??
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't hold your flashlight in your mouth...

That said, I had one of their 1500 lumen pocket lights turn itself on in turbo mode while driving one time and melt a hole in my shirt.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Coming back to Knightfall, I think he's tapping out on this challenge.  Over the years I've always received prompt responses consistently.  At this point nothing.....  

I think I'm going to give the Hogue a try.  For $70 it seems like a decent range rig.  Truth be told, I'd also love a vertical/breakfree shoulder rig but other than Andrews (for $500-$1k).... NO ONE makes them even custom.  

Thanks for the suggestions.

Link Posted: 9/2/2022 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#19]
With a TLR1 or X300 you could get a Blackhawk omnivore for $30 or so and do a little fitting to get the can to clear. Not duty rated but it has retention that’s plenty for larping/range/hunting
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#20]
LOL the Olight does't deserve a holster.
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hogue Powerspeed holster. Customizable to just about anything you could think of. If the supplied shims won’t make it fit, break out your woodworking skills and make a shim that does work.

If I can make it work on a suppressed Desert Eagle, your little Glock lookalike should be no problem. Even with the light.

https://i.imgur.com/g5ShubU.jpg
View Quote

You are a fucking maniac.  I love it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 6:57:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That said, I had one of their 1500 lumen pocket lights turn itself on in turbo mode while driving one time and melt a hole in my shirt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my buddies burnt a hole in the seat of his car with an Olight. Iirc he purposefully turned it on trying to work on the car or whatever, but nonetheless. Damn thing got HOT.

It is putting out a lot of light though. So that energy has to go somewhere.

My x300 gets pretty dang hot, but it takes a while. Last year I used it’s full burn time and then some tracking a deer. After like 20 minutes I took the light off the gun (I got the QD version) and used it as a handheld. Run for about 10 mins, let it cool off for a couple. Maybe 80% duty cycle at 40*.

OP should definitely look at BurnProof Gear. I got one for the x300 on large frame. Works very well for my FNX45 with octane. Can’t argue with them using safariland hardware either. I tweaked it with a heat gun a little bit to dedicate it to the FNX, so it would fit a bit better. Being a universal holster, it’s not going to be perfect out of the box.

I looked at the Trex, but it just didn’t appeal to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top