Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2024 4:22:22 PM EDT
I'm looking specifically for a pouch, preferably padded somewhat but not to large for PVS14s.

In the military, I used an aftermarket admin pouch stuffed with extra batteries, chemlights and the device. Now since it wasn't issued and I paid for it, I actually care now if it breaks

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The Tactical Tailor USMC pouch works well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the pouch that came with my BNVD-SGs, but I'm not sure where to get just the pouch.

TNVC sells some different padded pouches. As do some other NV vendors.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By trails-end:
View Quote

I didn't know these existed
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:
I like the pouch that came with my BNVD-SGs, but I'm not sure where to get just the pouch.

TNVC sells some different padded pouches. As do some other NV vendors.
View Quote

I bought mine from TNVC, never thought to check for pouches. Mine came with a pouch with is nice but too big for my purpose
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Spagehttie:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spagehttie:

Neither did I - thanks!

Amazon Product
  • Modular Utility AN/PVS-14 Monocular Pouch Padded Case Night Vision MNVD.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnCarter17] [#6]
OK, last was bend over and take it pricing.   Do the dimensions on these work?  They are VCOG pouches, ordered a couple and one had a card for a VCOG.

Optic pouch at SG
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:53:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hydrostatic_cling] [#7]
A GP pouch on my cummerbund or chest rig and NVGs and thermal in their own SLNT faraday bags.

Plenty of padded GPs out there from Arbor Arms, Spiritus, etc. Done low crawls on top of my nods plenty of times for football field lengths and they remain unscathed. I think the Arbor pouch is pretty nice but you can wrap a PVS14 in a wool sock and it's going to be fine. Maybe a little more caution if you had a bad housing like Katanas, or fragile-ish ones like a DTNVS.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Emdom case.
It's rigid so it won't crush unless you're trying to crush it with a hammer or something stupid.
https://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-NVG-Case-p/eu168.htm

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
Emdom case.
It's rigid so it won't crush unless you're trying to crush it with a hammer or something stupid.
https://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-NVG-Case-p/eu168.htm

View Quote

This is what I use. It's great as long as you don't try to fit panos into it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:16:10 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Volunteers in Ukraine just put them in a normal pouch with egg crate foam stuck in it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:04:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mickdonaldson] [#12]
I have BNVD-SGs. On my belt, I have a JSTA 'like' pouch made by Midwest Armor that can hold Binos along with two PMAGs or one and a pistol. I think they make a smaller one:

GP 7x6x3 Double Mag Pouch

For carry elsewhere I just found a GP pouch that would hold them, after I made an 1/8 Neoprene "wrap" for them, from Amazon:

1/8" Closed Cell Foam
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:16:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#13]
Lots of choices.  USMC pouch from SG, mentioned above is padded all-round, but not rigid, if that matters.  The USMC pouch is also a nice "home" for small cameras and small binos.

Cheap, DIY PVS-14 alternative is to use USGI padded insert seen HERE  inside a GI 100-rd pouch or a GI Utility/Canteen pouch, the latter much preferred.  Shop around as insert colors/camo/price varies wildly.  User can add a sheet 1/16" black HDPE sheeting (Graingers) outside the padded insert and inside the pouch.  Cut plastic and then mold it with Harbor Freight heat gun.  Sand off all edges of the plastic as sharp edges of plastic WILL cut nylon fabric.  Use duct tape to "secure" the edges of the home-made HDPE device. User can add a top/bottom pad of closed-cell foam from GI sleeping pad, secured with duct tape.

If you're OK with non-rigid, but well-padded, then pouch from SG pouch is a very good alternative.  If you want some rigidity, then my suggested (DIY) route is likely far cheaper than suggested (expensive) alternatives (no slam on them) and likely just as good.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#14]
A USGI Canteen Pouch with an NVG padded insert works pretty damn well and is a popular combination.  You can pick them up used at various surplus stores or find them on EBay for not much coin.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:56:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#15]
Agreed with above post.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Only to add, I use a common zip up admin pouch, which sits inside my bump helmet, when not in use.  Since I typically don't use a bump unless it supports NV, the two are stored together in a helmet cave on my assault pack.  Maybe this is a different SOP than what's being discussed here, but it works for me. If I'm carrying the large ruck to a patrol base, the assault gets d-ringed to the drag handle, and the main top flap gets closed over the top of it.  The helmet and NV sits just past the top flap.  The only time I'm not using a bump is when we're running ghillie hoods, then I switch up to a highly modified OC nitecap.  If needed I would drop a padded insert into a sustainment pouch, as mentioned.  And probably run a bladder to compensate.

I know when you finally buy your own you're like, I gotta potect these things, but then it turns out they're a lot tougher than you think.  I don't worry about padding as much as I do sacrificial lenses.  If anything gets fucked up, that's probably where it will happen.  A couple of our lads from Crossfire went to Milsim-West recently.  One took a pellet to the -14 which cracked his (sac) lens good.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Usually in a TNVC pouch that's sitting inside of helmet, if I'm not wearing the helmet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top