Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2024 9:35:35 PM EDT
I've got a couple of shiny stainless barreled ARs that I would like to bead blast to a dull grey. I know nothing about bead blasting, but thought I might screw around with the cheap Harbor Freight gun.

Can I safely do this by taping off the muzzle device, gas block, tube, receiver, etc. and padding the scope? Do I need to fully disassemble the upper? Is there a middle ground?

Is bead blasting easy enough for a first timer to do a decent job with cheap tools?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Remove the barrel entirely. You can leave the gas block on and tape that and the muzzle and breech. Blasting media tends to get everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:24:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I’d disassemble completely.  As said, blasting media gets absolutely everywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top