Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2024 11:40:23 AM EDT
Am I the only one that has very little faith in digital rifle scopes retaining zero?

Between switching batteries, batteries going dead, and general electronic quirks, I have a hard time putting much faith in electric scopes.

I have an Iray Rico mk1. I absolutely love the scope as far as image quality. Gun was zeroed at 100yds, dead nuts accurate. Friday night I completely missed a coyote at 75yds. Shot it yesterday to check everything was ok, and it was hitting 4" high at 100yds. I haven't messed with anything on the gun or scope.

My hunting partner has a Pulsar Trail XP50. He's been battling a wandering zero all season. These are two pictures he sent me. Both groups shot 2 weeks apart with his gun and scope. No adjustments made to anything in between groups.

Even when I charge my battery pack, I take out one and stick a fresh one in right away so it's not sitting without a battery for any length of time.

Is this just a common part of using these scopes, or are we doing something wrong?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought we were talking holsters. I wasnt even aware of these types of scopes. Im gonna google em.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I always check my zeros when I take them out, never had any problem with my Thermion 2 XP50 with multiple zero points.
Might check your mounts, make sure rings are properly torqued
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
My Bering Optics 25 has gotten off from mounting, re mounting.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:27:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IwearMossyOak] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:
I always check my zeros when I take them out, never had any problem with my Thermion 2 XP50 with multiple zero points.
View Quote

When you say you check your zeros, are you actually doing a confirmation shot before you take them out, or just checking your X/Y zero settings in the scope?

Neither of our scopes use rings, both are in ADM QD mounts, and neither had been removed and reinstalled.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By IwearMossyOak:

When you say you check your zeros, are you actually doing a confirmation shot before you take them out, or just checking your X/Y zero settings in the scope?

Neither of our scopes use rings, both are in ADM QD mounts, and neither had been removed and reinstalled.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IwearMossyOak:
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:

Shoot some rounds at a target at set zero ranges
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Got tired of my Pulsar XP-50's always changing zero... got a refund, bought a Trijicon IR Hunter and can't remember the last time I had to mess with or worry about a zero.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I've owned a couple of Pulsars that wouldn't hold zero. I don't care if they say the new ones are better I wont buy anymore Pulsar. I've had great luck with Bearing Optics, my Super Hogster has been virtually bullet proof. I currently have four zero profiles for different guns and ammo and it consistently holds and returns to zero when moving between rifles and loads. I did get a zero change about midway through last season on my primary rifle, but after I made the correction and tightened the mount it finished the season nuts on. I'm very happy with Bearings performance vs Pulsar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top