Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 10:49:45 PM EDT
At the gun show today I picked up a partial bottle of Unique.  The newer black plastic bottle.  It weighs about 11.5 ounces as is.  How much does the container weigh so I can figure out how much powder is in it?  Don't want to dump it out at the moment.

Also picked up an older can of S&W branded Alcan AL-7 powder in a cute little 8 tin.  Says it is made in Sweden for Smith and Wesson made in the USA.  

Bought it just because it looked interesting.  Seems full.  Metal top is a little tarnished/rusty.  No idea of the conditions inside.

rob
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#1]
The shorter Hodgdon bottles weight around 2-3 ounces if I remember correctly.

would think the taller Alliant bottles would be in the same range.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:25:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PALADIN-hgwt] [#2]
You could pour the powder into a bowl sitting on a scale.

Or you could pour out the powder into something and weigh the empty bottle...

An unopened bottle of Unique weighs 1 lb. 2 3/8 oz.  Or 522 grams.  And the price sticker says $29.99.

Paladin

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I didn't have any of my full bottles handy to weigh.  But is sounds like under 3 oz, so I got about half a bottle or a little more.

Rob
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a empty 1200R bottle and it weighs 2.478oz, or 70.270 grams on my hornady scale.
I would assume most alliant bottles would be close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top