Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2024 7:24:28 PM EDT
Anybody with experience using these? Pros/cons? Any issues?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
i like mine. the packaging sucks tho. i wish they made a 9mm one.

if the box is f'd, dont buy it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they these rebranded? They look it. In these product pics, it looks as though they come in tubes.
https://accuracy-solutions.com/collections/carbon-fiber
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
Are they these rebranded? They look it. In these product pics, it looks as though they come in tubes.
https://accuracy-solutions.com/collections/carbon-fiber
View Quote

Thin/flimsy cardboard is all that I've seen:

Attachment Attached File

I've got one in 5.56, packaging was clean/no damage. I really didn't do much research on them prior to buying.

My first supressor was approved today, took mine out of the packaging and checked alignment and found that mine is not straight.  .003" straightness is advertised by the mfgr.

I've rolled it on several surfaces (glass/wood/steel/counter tops), I'm going to check it on one of our CNC beds tomorrow but I'm fairly certain that the results will not differ.

I shot an email to Huxwrx, waiting on a response.

Just curious mostly as to whether any others have had issues or if, like most things, it's just a fluke inherent to my luck?

I specifically avoided drill rod due to reports of them not being straight.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mesooohoppy:
i like mine. the packaging sucks tho. i wish they made a 9mm one.

if the box is f'd, dont buy it.
View Quote

I had heard rumors that the packaging was going to change, not sure if there is any merit to the reports.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:37:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#5]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR: Thin/flimsy cardboard is all that I've seen:
View Quote

The Accuracy Solutions rods in the link I provided are pictured in clear tubes and described as "Packaged in clear PETG storage tubes that can be hung from one end." Not sure how durable they are compared to Huxwrx boxes. I'm also not saying Huxwrx is simply rebranding these, but notice they're also painted green on the ends which seems very coincidental if they're not.

ETA: AS also sells a 9mm version. No clue on AS rod straightness, I just had them on my radar as I also wanted a 9mm version.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#6]

The Accuracy Solutions rods in the link I provided are pictured in clear tubes and described as "Packaged in clear PETG storage tubes that can be hung from one end." Not sure how durable they are compared to Huxwrx boxes. I'm also not saying Huxwrx is simply rebranding these, but notice they're also painted green on the ends which seems very coincidental if they're not.

ETA: AS also sells a 9mm version. No clue on AS rod straightness, I just had them on my radar as I also wanted a 9mm version.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm tracking.

I've seen those hanging clear tubes someplace before. As far as the rods themselves, I'm sure there isn't a lot that could vary between vendors/mfgrs. All CF, and a color coded marking system that is both visible and universal is a necessity. Some overlap of color coding is to be expected.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Checked the rod on a CNC mill bed, same results. For reference, pics of the rod inserted one direction:

Attachment Attached File

And then swapped end for end and reinserted:

Attachment Attached File

The rod is loose enough in the bore to drop free one direction,  lodged in bore the other.

I borrowed a 2nd Huxwrx rod to try this weekend.  

(Pic quality is shit, I know)
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#8]
They certainly seem popular, I’ve seen lots of people use them and never have any issues.

I snagged a Griffin 22/223 & 9mm during one of their sales some time back. Packaging is perfect for me. Small enough it’s easy for me to just leave them in the range bag or spare parts drawer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I was looking at the Huxwrx as well, and just checked out the Accuracy Solutions site.

Do you guys use multiple length rods for different length barrels, or is a 16" good for 11.3" to 16"? Noob here trying to figure it out
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Huxwrx CS responded, apparently they did confirm that they had "a bad batch make it out the door".

Asked that I send my shipping info and said that they'd send a replacement.

Looks like ETA is about 2 weeks out.

Excellent CS, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
I was looking at the Huxwrx as well, and just checked out the Accuracy Solutions site.

Do you guys use multiple length rods for different length barrels, or is a 16" good for 11.3" to 16"? Noob here trying to figure it out
View Quote

Fairly new myself.....but I see no reason why one rod length for different barrel lengths would be an issue.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Fairly new myself.....but I see no reason why one rod length for different barrel lengths would be an issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

I was curious about this as well.  The only one I was thinking to get a shorter version was 9mm for my subguns.  

Ideal would be to have the tip of the rod right at the exit like in your pic?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Huxwrx 556 rod and it’s very tight in both of my Colts with chrome barrels but seems to fit good in my non chrome Match Target.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

I was curious about this as well.  The only one I was thinking to get a shorter version was 9mm for my subguns.  

Ideal would be to have the tip of the rod right at the exit like in your pic?
View Quote

Pushing it through until flush with the supressor exit hole is how I was shown.

Most mfgrs' instructions align.(one picked at random) :

Insert the alignment rod from the muzzle of your suppressor, lowering it down until you reach the breech of the gun. You should be able to do this easily. If you encounter any resistance, do not force it. If the rod is difficult to insert or remove, you most likely have an alignment issue that needs to be rectified before shooting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Packaging is key with these things.  Really like the packaging Griffin uses.  It would take a really determined "Brown" driver to dick them up.  I've got most of a set now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#16]

I had heard rumors that the packaging was going to change, not sure if there is any merit to the reports.
View Quote

thats what my rep told me.

although keep in mind that hux is so busy right now that i think the last thing on their mind are the boxes that their rods are housed in.

before you buy one, just roll it on a glass table.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

they look identical to the hux ones i have.

i was told theyre basically just bow and arrow rods. so nothing crazy. i highly doubt they are are straight as SF or griffin metal rods that are precision ground, but they work well enough for me at a third of the price.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Pushing it through until flush with the supressor exit hole is how I was shown.

Most mfgrs' instructions align.(one picked at random) :

Insert the alignment rod from the muzzle of your suppressor, lowering it down until you reach the breech of the gun. You should be able to do this easily. If you encounter any resistance, do not force it. If the rod is difficult to insert or remove, you most likely have an alignment issue that needs to be rectified before shooting.
View Quote

i do the exact opposite of this and it works well. obviously its harder/no possible with certain platforms (AK comes to mind). so then i just start from the muzzle end.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Turns out the alignment rod is borked.

Tried another Huxwrx rod several ways, all GTG.

Attachment Attached File

Glad it was the rod rather than my hardware.

Planning on sourcing a steel rod for future use, just for sake of curiosity.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Turns out the alignment rod is borked.

Tried another Huxwrx rod several ways, all GTG.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20240426-150529_Gallery_jpg-3198861.JPG

Glad it was the rod rather than my hardware.

Planning on sourcing a steel rod for future use, just for sake of curiosity.
View Quote

Is that the Polonium K or full size? If it is, let us know how you like it.  Do you have other 5.56 suppressors to compare it to?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Is that the Polonium K or full size? If it is, let us know how you like it.  Do you have other 5.56 suppressors to compare it to?
View Quote

Full size Polonium. My first.

I've shot plenty with friends and their cans, I couldn't resist buying one of my own any longer.

Reviews on the Polonium are great, hoping it lives up to the hype.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#22]

Full size Polonium. My first.

I've shot plenty with friends and their cans, I couldn't resist buying one of my own any longer.

Reviews on the Polonium are great, hoping it lives up to the hype.
View Quote

The K will be my next can.  I “researched” it too long and missed the K models Capital Armory had in stock earlier this week.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#23]

The K will be my next can.  I “researched” it too long and missed the K models Capital Armory had in stock earlier this week.
View Quote

The K can from Polonium may very well be my next as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I snagged one when a picked up a recent can.  Mines fine.  Would likely purchase a 9mm option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top