Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2024 12:33:50 PM EDT
Pretty decent video I ran across on YT. Figured you hosers might like it.

InvisbleSight IS-EG NGAL, As Good as a Clone Gets?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 4:15:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#1]
I'm interested in these, but haven't heard that many people talking about their experiences with them. I see it's available and in stock at EG Tactical, but there's a note stating it's a pre-order with 50 units in November (most likely last year). Everyone's been saying that IS is a one man operation, so would like to know if these also have a wait time.

Edit: IS-EG in video has EEL illuminator and finished assembly by Invisible Sight. Again, most likely waiting for longer than advertised lead time as their original NGAL.

Evolution Gear NGAL doesn't have VSCEL. Unsure if the connector is Crane style or LA23. Emailed them and they are making 30 units a month, but was told it is essentially a pre-order.

Edit again: Noticed comments on video stating it was EEL illuminator.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:28:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuy01] [#2]
I have the full-fledged IS instead of the IS-EG. Key differences from the one in the video (and I replied to his video saying the same) are that I have the VCSEL illuminator and that the adjustment of the illuminator is smooth and doesn't 'click' or 'step' like his does. My output is similarly horrendously not eye safe, but for the price it is probably the best LAM on the market. Mine's held solid recoil on my 10.3 for 600ish rounds now and I don't expect that to change - the recoil lugs and the strength of the adjustments make this seem like a rather rugged unit.

That said, my lead time was over a year and people who ordered before me are still waiting. Until his order management and production gets resolved, I don't feel comfortable recommending anyone place an order with him even thought it's a phenomenal product.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
I have the full-fledged IS instead of the IS-EG. Key differences from the one in the video (and I replied to his video saying the same) are that I have the VCSEL illuminator and that the adjustment of the illuminator is smooth and doesn't 'click' or 'step' like his does. My output is similarly horrendously not eye safe, but for the price it is probably the best LAM on the market. Mine's held solid recoil on my 10.3 for 600ish rounds now and I don't expect that to change - the recoil lugs and the strength of the adjustments make this seem like a rather rugged unit.

That said, my lead time was over a year and people who ordered before me are still waiting. Until his order management and production gets resolved, I don't feel comfortable recommending anyone place an order with him even thought it's a phenomenal product.
View Quote

Thanks for the insight.  I would like an NGAL but I am just a lowly civilian so I'll just look at cool pictures of them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got the IS NGAL (VCSEL) and well, it's good but I think I'll buy more SG NGAL's.  I agree, until he can get his production and delivery un-fucked, I wouldn't recommend him to anyone, regardless of how good the product is.  I had to actually request a refund, to get him to ship it.  Wait time was about 18 months.  

For me and what I'm doing.  This thing is too powerful for my short rifles and their intended use (0-250m, give or take).  I am putting it on my primary long rifle (0-500m, give or take).  So it's GTG for a DMR-type rifle.  The SG NGAL will go on my primary short rifle.  With ATPIALS and SG PEQ-15's on secondary rifles.  

But to add.  This is the current sit.  It sounds like he is working hard to expand his workforce, output, and get ship times under control.  If he can improve, I would also consider his NGAL-EG up against the SG NGAL (and maybe Holosun VCSEL) for upgrades.  

And the NGAL form factor is awesome compared to the PEQ-15.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm liking the fact that it includes functional diffuser caps and claims to be water resistant (splash-proof). I placed an order through EG Tactical this morning, hoping that the build quality is near that of the IS-EG ones through Invisible Sight.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:24:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok cool.  Let us know how the wait time is though Evo Gear, and if EG version beats out SG one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
I'm liking the fact that it includes functional diffuser caps and claims to be water resistant (splash-proof). I placed an order through EG Tactical this morning, hoping that the build quality is near that of the IS-EG ones through Invisible Sight.
View Quote

Wonder where they get the functional diffuser caps from, or do they make those in house as well? Still on the hunt for some for my SOMO NGALike...
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah that's the 64-dollar question.  There's a guy on ebay who made some illum covers for SG PEQ-15's out of old PEQ-2 lenses.  Maybe see if he's up for it.  Might be hard-printed 3-D stuff, but what the hell.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Wonder where they get the functional diffuser caps from, or do they make those in house as well? Still on the hunt for some for my SOMO NGALike...
View Quote

The fact that these are so hard to actually obtain, is irritating. Hey TNVC, if I BO the filter for just the IR/Viz LASERs, how long is the wait?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:45:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThatGuy01] [#10]
6mos...

View Quote

They're made in-house. There isn't a legit L3 part on the entire thing but they've done a damn impressive job with reverse engineering.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
6mos...

They're made in-house. There isn't a legit L3 part on the entire thing but they've done a damn impressive job with reverse engineering.
View Quote

He should sell the filters as stand alone.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:

We'll have more in May/June.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

The fact that these are so hard to actually obtain, is irritating. Hey TNVC, if I BO the filter for just the IR/Viz LASERs, how long is the wait?

Thanks. BO placed for one each laser and illuminator ND filters.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Nice, thanks. I'll BO today.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Diz:
Ok cool.  Let us know how the wait time is though Evo Gear, and if EG version beats out SG one.
View Quote

Unsure about what their build schedule is, but I was told that if I ordered it would be sent out next Wednesday. I'll update this post when I get the email saying that it's been sent out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Please do.  I'm interested in what you think of the IS-EG compared to the SG.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:09:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I just ordered the mk4 version this morning. Now the wait begins. I was going to get the IS-EG version but I live in South Florida and every day in the summer we have torrential downpours. I have already been through a training day in that environment so I wanted something waterproof and a longer warranty so I saved up for the upgrade.

I am still curious to see the ES-EG versions handles vs the competition. So far I have seen many people reporting issues with SG mount.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:38:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Another good review worth watching.

Do NGAL Clones Hold Up to the REAL Thing?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
Another good review worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B1x2Df8rfw
View Quote

This was a very interesting comparison of these 3 units.

Clearly, the IS NGAL is a quality unit.  And since the unit tested was not the VCSEL version... I'd love to see how the new ones will stack up to the real thing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#20]
If there's ever a reliable supply with consistent shipping, I'll be happy to find out for myself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone ordered from EG Tactical? Any issues?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BensAssociator:
Has anyone ordered from EG Tactical? Any issues?
View Quote

@BensAssociator

Yes. Avoid them.

They gave me tracking numbers that never showed progress and blamed it on Chinese holidays and customs. I ended up disupting the PayPal charge and got a refund.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Got the IS/EG NGAL last week after pre-paying back in October.  Took it out to shoot & while trying to zero it, the turret cap for the VIS/IR popped off before I could even shoot it.  

Sent it back & waiting for a replacement. My buddies also had issues with holding zero at 200yds.  He too is sending his back for a replacement.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#24]
@WTFShane

Thanks, will avoid.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By muffinman903:
Got the IS/EG NGAL last week after pre-paying back in October.  Took it out to shoot & while trying to zero it, the turret cap for the VIS/IR popped off before I could even shoot it.  

Sent it back & waiting for a replacement. My buddies also had issues with holding zero at 200yds.  He too is sending his back for a replacement.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that. Seems like IS/EG might not have a QC process that's much better than SOMO's? Or they're trying to rush units out the door to meet demand and save their name from the long wait times they've had over the past couple of years?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Sorry to hear that. Seems like IS/EG might not have a QC process that's much better than SOMO's? Or they're trying to rush units out the door to meet demand and save their name from the long wait times they've had over the past couple of years?
View Quote

Most likely rushing units out. The unit looks nicely put together, I think that is the only QC process (getting it to look nice).  This is sold and shipped from EG & not IS.  IS claims on his site that he hand checks the IS/EG units if you purchase from him direct, but his ship times are sketchy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#27]
My buddy picked up an EG unit.

Pressure pad wire ripped right out of the unit while it was being placed on the pic rail.  Hrm...

As far as the performance goes.  It's about on par with my FP PEQ15.  It seemed to hold zero through about 200 rounds of 5.56.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top