Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2023 8:58:27 PM EDT
I have recently come across 3 non functioning Daisy "lever" action BB guns that don't work. All three were made in Plymouth Michigan which is the city next door to me and my wife's grandmother worked in the factory for a time.
Either way, I was curious if there is anyone out there that refinished them? They are going to be wall hangers, but it would be cool to have them in a bit better shape.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Smith Airgun Repair, 100% GTG:

http://smithairgunrepair.com/

Link Posted: 9/5/2023 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out “Restomod Daisy” on YouTube they are stupid easy to work on, plus parts are cheap.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:03:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jrn156:
Check out “Restomod Daisy” on YouTube they are stupid easy to work on, plus parts are cheap.
View Quote

Yeah I put new seals in my Red Rider circa 1975 and on occasion drag it out on rainy days to porch plink.🤠
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 5:38:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrn156] [#4]
I did this a replacement for my very first love…

Cheap non working gun, $30 in parts, shoots great.

.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 243savage:
I have recently come across 3 non functioning Daisy "lever" action BB guns that don't work. All three were made in Plymouth Michigan which is the city next door to me and my wife's grandmother worked in the factory for a time.
Either way, I was curious if there is anyone out there that refinished them? They are going to be wall hangers, but it would be cool to have them in a bit better shape.
View Quote

If you find someone let me know. I have a Daisy "Spittin' Image" 1894 Winchester that needs work.  There are videos that can help you do them but it requires tools specific to the gun so I'd rather just have someone do it who is experienced.  

I'm going to try the person someone recommended above.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank ya'll for the responses.

I reached out to “Restomod Daisy” on YouTube with the guns I have and a few pictures. Mr Bruce emailed me back telling me he would be able to help me and gave me some pricing. I haven't sent anything yet due to some financial issues.

Come to find out he's in Georgia outside Atlanta.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 243savage:
Thank ya'll for the responses.

I reached out to “Restomod Daisy” on YouTube with the guns I have and a few pictures. Mr Bruce emailed me back telling me he would be able to help me and gave me some pricing. I haven't sent anything yet due to some financial issues.

Come to find out he's in Georgia outside Atlanta.
View Quote

Let us know how it goes. I’m curious.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jrn156:
I did this a replacement for my very first love…

Cheap non working gun, $30 in parts, shoots great.

.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/75583/IMG_4871_jpeg-2944974.JPG
View Quote

@jrn156
Link to sources or build thread, please. That's inspirational!
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought the parts off eBay. Most spring piston BB guns only need new seals, mainspring and air tube to get them shooting better than new. The mentioned parts cost me around $30 for the above gun.

You also get a performance boost. The above gun now shoots over 350 FPS well above factory specs. I also rebuilt a Red Ryder that now shoots around 400 FPS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top