Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2024 9:22:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: docslester]
Greetings all. Long time GD/Reloading lurker/member, first time poster here looking for advice, be gentle!

Considering a Banish 45 from Silencer Central. First some background. It'll be my fourth can. But my first one in over fifteen years or more. Have a .30, a .45, and a .22 rimfire can. All form ones. All highly satisfactory. But I've moved to a small town and local dealers are non existent more or less and I no longer have access to the equipment to roll my own. Looking for something that will likely spend most of it's life on an AP-5. The adjustable length is intriguing as is the lighter weight (compared to my older cans at least). The ship to my door is unbelievably handy compared to what I've done before.

Thanks folks. Always interested in other opinions and options.

Edit to update-

Ordered Griffin Revolution 9mm & direct thread adapter. 4/25/24. I'm really curious to see how these new wait times are!

Will update this thread as I go.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By docslester:
Greetings all. Long time GD/Reloading lurker/member, first time poster here looking for advice, be gentle!

Considering a Banish 45 from Silencer Central. First some background. It'll be my fourth can. But my first one in over fifteen years or more. Have a .30, a .45, and a .22 rimfire can. All form ones. All highly satisfactory. But I've moved to a small town and local dealers are non existent more or less and I no longer have access to the equipment to roll my own. Looking for something that will likely spend most of it's life on an AP-5. The adjustable length is intriguing as is the lighter weight (compared to my older cans at least). The ship to my door is unbelievably handy compared to what I've done before.

Thanks folks. Always interested in other opinions and options.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/manageTopic.html?b=6&f=20#
View Quote

The Banish series is Silencer Central’s store brand, which is why they push those.

I’d probably rather have a Rugged Obsidian 45, Dead Air Ghost, Thunder Beast Fly 45, or AAC Ti-Rant 45 if I were looking for a .45 suppressor.

Capitol Armory also does ship to your door in many states and is a very highly regarded dealer.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:41:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#2]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys! Surfing around on both sites and lots to consider!

I'm looking for a 9mm can but the Banish 45 was a decent deal and would work for what I was considering. I should have been more clear; Sorry!

Green0, thanks for the info. I'm really interested in your 9mm can but the 45 is a good sounding deal.

I'll check this thread in the am after thinking on it all.

Again thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:31:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Got a griffin Rev 9 on the way from the to your door program. Really looking forward to getting it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:02:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Green0:
You can save more than $200 by using 10% coupon code AR15 at https://www.griffinarmament.com/revolution-45-suppressor-mod3/
View Quote

Tried using the coupon code "AR15" as mentioned and it doesn't work with the linked suppressor above.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I purchased my first rifle can from Silencer Central. I've also purchased many cans from Capitol Armory.  

I highly recommend looking at what CA has:

https://www.capitolarmory.com/suppressor/pistol-silencers.html

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Green0:
You can save more than $200 by using 10% coupon code AR15 at https://www.griffinarmament.com/revolution-45-suppressor-mod3/

Our can is a pretty solid option.  The Banish .45 is probably a decent can also, but the primary product of Griffin Armament is silencers, and the primary product of Silencer Central is the to your door program.  

We both happen to offer the program thanks to Capital Armory on our end, so you can get a can to your door from us for less money in this category.  

It looks like the booster housing is the only titanium part of the Banish, and we have a full 17-4 stainless baffle system, and a 17-4 piston housing and external piston housing. Our aluminum is 7075-T6 not 6061. Our can is rated for hunting with 18" .308 winchester.
View Quote

Is that 10% code good on anything from the online store?

If so, I wish I would have known that before ordering my Cam Lok adapters.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:20:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#9]
Originally Posted By VaFish:
Is that 10% code good on anything from the online store?

If so, I wish I would have known that before ordering my Cam Lok adapters.
View Quote
Apparently yes. I just added a cam-lok adapter to my cart and the code worked.

It worked for taper mount muzzle devices too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#10]
i have their 45banish can and the 30 gold. both purchased, as ecco mentioned, before i knew any better. in retrospect, i wouldn’t have used them (SC).
i have since purchased 9 other cans, including a wolfman and ghost45m, which i love both.

capitol armory is who i’d use to buy from, if i were you. SC is a bunch of snake oil and once you buy, you’re stuck with it and they won’t help you for anything after you’ve paid (trust me).

hope that helps!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:14:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joedirt199] [#11]
Skip silencer central. They focus more on advertising than keeping up with customers. I had a 223 can take 2 years because of a misspelling  in the trust and took several months just to get them to resubmit the forms. That same can approved with them and took me a couple phone calls for 2 weeks to get them to ship it since it was well past the LEO notification time frame. Can just showed up with no tracking or notification. They threw in some extra can covers and pistons for the hassle. They can't keep up with the increased demand. Capital Armory was a much better experience.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Hard pass on SC.
Same with any of their house cans.
Plenty of better products by more reputable sellers out there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Mirroring what most have said here. I’d check out CA or Silencer Shop. Looks like both have a couple great options in addition to Griffins Rev45. I bought my first from them when they were still Dakota Silencer mainly cuz they included a trust with purchase at the time
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow.

Thanks guys! I would have never known about all the drawbacks of the Banish if I hadn't have asked here. Believe it's a pass for me. The Griffin Rev 9 is really looking like the front runner for my purpose. And all the good words about Griffin is encouraging.

I'll research a little more over the weekend and probably order one Monday.

Any one thinks of something to add I'll be checking this thread periodically.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Ordered Griffin Revolution 9mm today. Thanks to everyone who offered advice. Would have never heard of them if I hadn't wondered in here and read all the accolades.

Will update as I go.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Went from "Manual Verification Needed" to "Awaiting Shipment" on Griffin's website. No contact yet. 4/29/24
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:50:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Minshooter] [#17]
Originally Posted By docslester:e
Thanks guys! Surfing around on both sites and lots to consider!

I'm looking for a 9mm can but the Banish 45 was a decent deal and would work for what I was considering. I should have been more clear; Sorry!

View Quote

If you want a 9mm pistol only pistol can, there are several -and lighter weight, good choices.
If you want a 9mm/36cal "Do Everything" can, take a good look at the Griffin Bushwacker 36 -everything from 9mm pistol up to 338 Lapua Magnum!
It also comes with most of the extra parts you need to get it running.  

I don't get a cent for this opinion, and don't yet own a BW36 (Have others that cover the calibers), but have recommended it to several,
and they are extremely happy with them.   Particularly the fellow who recently got his approval and possession in less than a week!

Only problem right now -as with most worthwhile cans, is finding one in stock.
ADDED: A quick search will find it in stock -at least with one of the major dealers showing at the top of this thread.
Not giving any hints; you will have to Carefully Access the listings.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By docslester:
Ordered Griffin Revolution 9mm today. Thanks to everyone who offered advice. Would have never heard of them if I hadn't wondered in here and read all the accolades.

Will update as I go.
View Quote

I just got mine on Friday. It’s really high quality and well built. I like the classic suppressor look as well. Can’t wait to try it out. You’ll be happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:52:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: docslester] [#19]
Order on Griffin account changed to "Awaiting Shipment" last night and received three emails from Capital Armory; Fingerprint notice, profile set up notice, and "Buy a tax stamp notice".

Working on all them and emailed CA asking if I could mail a filled out fingerprint card I had left from another process. Live rural and no place close does electronic fingerprint forms.

CA answered quickly and assured me the cards I had were fine.

Called them about a question concerning tax stamp purchase and they answered within five minutes and were helpful and courteous.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:51:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Order on Griffin account changed last night to "Shipped". Did everything per Capital Armory emails. Mailed fingerprint card.

UPS delivered a Griffin Armament t-shirt, fingerprint cards, ink, SASE for same, more swag, the direct thread adapter I ordered!

Waiting on Capital Armory to get my fingerprint card.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Minshooter] [#21]
A local purchaser from Silencer Central used their provided "free" trust, and was not happy that they used his full name as the trust name -without asking him.

He was not able to learn this until after the efile was submitted.   This was before the quick approvals, and he didn't want to start over.

As it happened, he already had a different non-nfa trust in that same name, and had to pay a lawyer to rename it.

So -probably a good thing to ask about, no matter whose trust you're using.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Minshooter:
A local purchaser from SC used their provided "free" trust, and was not happy that they used his full name as the trust name -without asking him.

He was not able to learn this until after the efile was submitted.   This was before the quick approvals, and he didn't want to start over.

As it happened, he already had a different non-nfa trust in that same name, and had to pay a lawyer to rename it.

So -probably a good thing to ask about, no matter whose trust you're using.
View Quote
FWIW, Silencershop does not use the customer’s name as the trust name.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:35:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: docslester] [#23]
I didn't signup/pay for a trust on the check out process. Checked "Individual". All my old cans and sbr's weren't on a trust. No one else in my family is/was

interested and not really concerned what my wife does with it all after I'm gone. Probably sale most everything and buy "sparklies". LOL.

We'll see what they setup.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:35:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Minshooter] [#24]

FWIW, Silencershop does not use the customer’s name as the trust name.
View Quote

Thanks for mentioning.
Absolutely do not want anyone to think I was referring to Silencer Shop.

Edited post #21 to the full (Silencer Central) company name, so as not to confuse.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top