Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2024 9:39:16 AM EDT
Just checked the website and my email, no changes/announcements. Vaporware or just lousy at updating their website?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
This the notification function does not even work, which is a tad irritating....
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I emailed them regarding the beltfed upper, but never received a reply.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw they added the item to their website, but it's out of stock and the stock alert feature is being weird.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Deny_Everything:
I saw they added the item to their website, but it's out of stock and the stock alert feature is being weird.
View Quote

Its been on the website (OOS) for a month plus at least withthe release date oif 2/14. I signed for notifications the minute I saw it, havent heard anything.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I speak for us all when I say:

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 5:39:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#7]
I don’t see it anywhere on their website.

Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
A belt fed upper is an immensely complex  piece of manufacturing, and all it takes is one process of a single part to delay it.

Most likely they are just a bit behind on having it fully finished, I wouldnt bust their balls for no updates yet.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
I don’t see it anywhere on their website.
Agreed.
View Quote

@JoshNC
https://www.cryostructure.com/product/mcr-cloned-belt-fed-upper-receiver/
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Why do I get the tingly feeling this is Ares Shrike: Part Deux!

All It’s missing is Charlie Sheen.

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mnew007:
Why do I get the tingly feeling this is Ares Shrike: Part Deux!

All It’s missing is Charlie Sheen.

View Quote

So 6 year delay ?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
didnt it take like six years to get the Shrike on the market?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:16:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I may have recently received a whistleblower's word that the folks over at FightLite Industries are very pissed about Paul at Cryostructure, and may be pursuing some sort of action...
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 12:18:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AKzgalore:
I may have recently received a whistleblower's word that the folks over at FightLite Industries are very pissed about Paul at Cryostructure, and may be pursuing some sort of action...
View Quote

I wonder on what grounds. FL/Ares patent is expired.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 1:39:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

I wonder on what grounds. FL/Ares patent is expired.
View Quote

It was discussed somewhere on arfcom, iirc the bolt/piston patent was active still thru '27 ??  Not in front of the desktop so I'm not going to find the patent info right now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:
View Quote

My cousin waited 10 years. Between the time that he put down a $1,000.00 deposit and when they told him that he needed to send in the $1,500.00 to complete the sale was a few months shy of 10 years.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By canon3825:

My cousin waited 10 years. Between the time that he put down a $1,000.00 deposit and when they told him that he needed to send in the $1,500.00 to complete the sale was a few months shy of 10 years.

Scott
View Quote

I recall guys selling their deposit/place in line after a year or 5 of waiting. Sturmgewehr/subguns etc
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I had some other dealings with him and during the course of correspondence I asked about the belt fed uppers. He conveniently ignored the question, lol. I know how long it takes to bring something to market so I'm sure there was a hiccup along the way.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Personal, I think that the "hiccup" was that Mr . Herring misjudged the cost of producing the upper. So he used those deposits for other products while waiting for those that asked for their deposit back. He finally got to the point of being able to produce the number of uppers that he was going to loose money on to get to the doubled in price new orders. Of course that was also ten years of the patent,  inwhich he was not making the upper, but the clock was ticking on the patent.

I think if he had been honest with the depositors and asked for another $500, or whatever his break even point would be, I think that most would have given him the money and been able to use the upper for ten years. There were no "winners" in how things played out. Sure, there would have been a few that held out for the $2,500 price. Ten plus years was a ridiculous time to wait. This is just my opinion. YMMV.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#19]
still nothing on the website.  anyone have any news?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Hadn't heard of these before. Definitely interested. Anyone know what would be required to get one to run with a RLL? Standard BCG milling?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By linuxgnar:
Hadn't heard of these before. Definitely interested. Anyone know what would be required to get one to run with a RLL? Standard BCG milling?
View Quote

I can't speak to the Cryo vaporware upper but the Ares/Fightlight version, yes you just need to mill the carrier.

The original "semi" Ares carriers were close to if not drop in as they were SP1 spec.  The new ones all come with full auto spec carriers that I have seen and require milling the carrier back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 4:36:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TonyRumore] [#22]
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:
View Quote

I got on the Shrike waiting list in October of 1998.  Ares took my deposit in July of 2002.  I think I finally got the unit around 2012.

Tony
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#24]
And they raised the price by $100.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Posted today

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

The fact it's a picture of the CAD model and not a photo of a prototype part sure doesn't inspire much hope. I doubt we're going to see the uppers for years.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#27]
email response from the owner paul.

Technically, we are taking orders now, but delivery is not until July currently.  
Price is $3,300 and includes a customized JP type of silent buffer spring that is balanced to the bolt carrier group.
We also have a 6 position gas system so that it will work with any 5.56 mm ammo.

Current backlog is 153 uppers.

Order of satisfaction

1) Pre-paid orders
2) 1/2 deposit orders
3) Previous Belt Fed Lower orders
4) Previous 80% belt-fed lowers orders (quantity 2 or more)
5) Belt fed Barrel Assembly orders
6) Previous Cryostructure order customers
7) General public
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:12:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CleverNickname] [#28]
Per an email reply, they're now saying by June 30 for barrel orders.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#29]
"Two More Weeks"
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:
View Quote

They're making the uppers available to barrel buyers on June 30? Or they're shipping barrels on June 30?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:15:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By NWRed:

They're making the uppers available to barrel buyers on June 30? Or they're shipping barrels on June 30?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NWRed:
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:

They said barrels by June 30.  I only asked about barrels since that's all I ordered; I already have an MCR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top