Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2020 6:36:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: McCoy]
Hi
Would like to know if Jim Wilson of Wilson Arms Co. is still alive today, he was the owner of a small firearms maker business in Georgia in the 80s.

He was the maker of the original Witness Protection Shotguns for the US Marshals Service.

I am the owner of a genuine WP870 AOW shotgun that was made in 1984.

Would like to ask him a few question about these guns.

Anyone knows him ?

Link Posted: 1/4/2020 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, about 30 mi from me in Cuthand, Tx.
Contact at www.wilsoncombat.Com
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]
My understanding is that Wilsoncombat and Wilson Arms Co. are 2 different entities.

i'm looking for Jim Wilson not Bill Wilson.

Link Posted: 1/4/2020 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By McCoy:
Hi
Would like to know if Jim Wilson of Wilson Arms Co. is still alive today, he was the owner of a small firearms maker business in Georgia in the 80s.

He was the maker of the original Witness Protection Shotguns for the US Marshals Service.

I am the owner of a genuine WP870 AOW shotgun that was made in 1984.

https://imgur.com/0ATFG96
https://imgur.com/bAUIP9N
https://imgur.com/kNO6kpu

Would like to ask him a few question about these guns.

Anyone knows him ?

View Quote
Cool pics, can't help you track him down, but you are correct Bill Wilson is the founder of Wilson Combat.

Fixed the pics for you.

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey,

Did you find out any information about that WP870 ?

I noticed something interesting.  The photo your provided that shows the text on the chamber:

WILSON ARMS CO., BRUNSWICK, GA WP870

That photo shows the text color being yellow.  Shouldn't the text color be in white?

Regards,

Gray
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By G_Smith:
Hey,

I noticed something interesting.  The photo your provided that shows the text on the chamber:

That photo shows the text color being yellow.  Shouldn't the text color be in white?

Regards,

Gray
View Quote

I could be wrong but it could just be the lighting.

Nice OP!
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By G_Smith:
Hey,

Regards,

Gray
View Quote

white markings tend to yellow with age on a firearm, especially when exposed to oils and powder residue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top