Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2024 12:50:19 PM EDT
This is my 3rd prototype and I think I'm satisfied. Prevents side to side movement but can be pulled through with a sharp jerk straight up. Everyone's got different shoulder setups so mounting is gonna vary but the key is the right overlap and a fairly solid mounting. Too much overlap or a floppy mount and it gets much more difficult to reliably pull through. Direct stitch is the easiest but one wrap looses it's mojo over time so I wanted something more easily replaced.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a good idea!
What pouches are those in the last picture?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
That's a good idea!
What pouches are those in the last picture?
View Quote

Early model unobtainium sleds placard.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Good DIY idea!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By raf:
Good DIY idea!
View Quote

Thanks brother. Now I gotta do the other side and I'm painfully slow stitching
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#5]
That's really good rigging.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Diz:
That's really good rigging.
View Quote

Thanks boss. Got a bunch of projects but it's hard to sit inside stitching when the weather's got nice. Fuckin ticks are crazy this year an I swear they attackin with knives and forks.

For anyone rigging this up if you're in a hurry you can just undo the side release and jerk through but for normal donning and doffing you grab that loose adjustment tail and give it a sharp little jerk straight forward an it'll pop the one wrap and then you can do your side release like normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top