Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2024 2:02:20 PM EDT
Arms Unlimited responded to an email calling them out for scalping customers with their recent batch of SR15 lowers. After his reply, he sent a new email saying "every action has a consequence"

AU Response

Threat

@jack_l
1. Does KAC agree with AU that dealers in their network are entitled to charge at "fair market value", instead of MSRP or pricing guidelines set by KAC?
2. What is your response to dealers sending emails saying "every action has a consequence"
3. What is going to be done going forward to protect KAC customers at the dealer level?
         b. If nothing is going to be done moving forward, does that not implicate KAC involvement in such actions?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:25:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StampCollector87] [#1]
AU is not wrong they are not in the business to make others money. They set a price they feel would minimize flippers from buying them and yet they still sold out in minutes. The threat he sent you was not a threat but most likely more of a promise. That promise if I was a betting man would be is that you most likely have been fired as a customer which would suck since they run some awesome sales on NFA stuff.

ETA: Tagging Jack in this shit is going to end up running KAC peeps away from the site considering they are no longer industry sponsors they can just quit responding.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:27:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StampCollector87] [#2]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotta love those who run to defend others.

Since you’re in the mood for defending, how do you defend him leaking my name on Reddit. Or is that not wrong on AU as well
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do we think KAC cares?

The higher they can run prices up on the secondary market, the more justified they are in quoting insane prices to gov customers. They could have taken over the civilian market years ago and didn't. Because they hate money? No, because they are already printing money as fast as their CNCs can make chips.

They WANT to charge 5k for an AR10 upper. Plenty of people on the civilian market are willing to pay that. AU gets in a lot less KAC product than they want and have decided to take a bigger cut of the potential available profits. That is a business decision, based on scarcity and demand, and your job as a customer is to decide if you want to punish them for it. Sounds like AU doesn't care either way.

I bought my SR15 15 or so years ago, precisely in the last year that KAC cared about the civilian market or shipped product in any meaningful quantity. The writing has been on the wall since then.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:15:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#5]
A lot of claims here without much substance.  I’m not seeing any of your messages to AU which could explain whatever responses you received.  You also suck at embedding photos, I can’t see anything.

Weird that there’s now 3 separate super low post count newish accounts in the KAC forum, all simultaneously whining about the same thing.  Wonder what the odds are on it being the same person?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with most of that. The problem is that dealers are supposed to be the way that we, the consumer, get KAC at msrp. When dealers like AU scalp like gunbroker prices, we’re left with nothing.

That’s why I posed the question to Jack, which I think are fair questions. Does KAC care?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:25:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTBGunner] [#7]
Originally Posted By ctkkoenig:
Arms Unlimited responded to an email calling them out for scalping customers with their recent batch of SR15 lowers. After his reply, he sent a new email saying "every action has a consequence"

AU Response
https://imgur.com/a/7RRQpzg
Threat
https://imgur.com/a/aAq4I4U

@jack_l
1. Does KAC agree with AU that dealers in their network are entitled to charge at "fair market value", instead of MSRP or pricing guidelines set by KAC?
2. What is your response to dealers sending emails saying "every action has a consequence"
3. What is going to be done going forward to protect KAC customers at the dealer level?
         b. If nothing is going to be done moving forward, does that not implicate KAC involvement in such actions?
View Quote

With a post count of 4, don't expect a lot of people backing you up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#8]

AU Response
Threat

@jack_l
View Quote

That's a bold post #4!  
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Three things OP.

#1.  Look up what the S in MSRP stands for.

#2.  Not buying when you don't like the price is a really easy way to handle these type situations.

#3. Quit bothering AU!  I have an order I want shipped out and apparently they're wasting time returning your email and posting your name on Reddit.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Common jeep owner
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jeepsnguns81:
Three things OP.

#1.  Look up what the S in MSRP stands for.

#2.  Not buying when you don't like the price is a really easy way to handle these type situations.

#3. Quit bothering AU!  I have an order I want shipped out and apparently they're wasting time returning your email and posting your name on Reddit.
View Quote

OP these are all great suggestions. However number 3 is a little hit and miss. I've had orders just never ship from AU and orders ship same day. I had an SBR that they swore up and down was still pending. Then 6 months later they were like my bad we forgot to do the form 3 that's why it was never approved.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#12]
How about sharing the entire email chain instead of cherry picking the replies that offend you?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#13]
No such thing as price gouging. There's too high a price for you, or I can get it cheaper elsewhere, but not gouging.

If you don't like the price, buy elsewhere. If you can't buy it cheaper elsewhere, then you don't value the item high enough to to make it worth your dollars to buy it.

Either buy a different gun, or save more money.  They can ask what they want.

Lots of things I can't buy because I don't have enough money, or the seller values the item more than I do. I don't go around crying about it.

Stop acting like communists. We don't have fixed prices in a free capitalist economy. Who would decide those prices? To be fair to all the people in the entire nation, the federal government would have to control the prices of everything. At that point, we may as well call Washington DC Moscow DC, because that's communism.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:34:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GeistACWM] [#14]
I’d like to see the clipped interaction..

It’s not showing for me

They also took down pricing on that item.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#15]
OP either doesn't understand that MSRP means "manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price" or he is just a capitalism hating commie.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:09:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#16]
Op is a butthurt troll that joined just to bitch and cry about not getting the prices he wants from online retailers and slanders everyone who doesn't agree with him. Damn kids these days think they are entitled. I really hope they fire him as a customer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#19]
What did I miss?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Mindfull:
What did I miss?
View Quote

Handwringing, Marxism, and a bit of a temper tantrum.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Connor being a baby again trying to get someone cancelled because he’s throwing a hissy fit. Can’t see the photos here but there is a post on Reddit showing AUs response.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#22]
When dealers like AU scalp like gunbroker prices, we’re left with nothing.
View Quote

If dealers literally skipped trying to sell via their own storefronts & websites, and instead just listed their inventory on auction sites (like many dealers do), would you be as mad if the supply/demand curve prices resulted?

It is a hard fact that sometimes in a free marketplace, you are left with nothing. You either wait in line, move on, or pony up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bern6389:
Connor being a baby again trying to get someone cancelled because he’s throwing a hissy fit. Can’t see the photos here but there is a post on Reddit showing AUs response.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Of course op failed to post the whole interaction to try and push public opinion in his favor.

It's amazing how doing show has the opposite result and looks even worse for the op..
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:11:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Bern6389:
Connor being a baby again trying to get someone cancelled because he’s throwing a hissy fit.
View Quote

Was OP involved with the Reddit crusade against PSD?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:43:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xxflyingturtlexx] [#26]
I agree with most of that. The problem is that dealers are supposed to be the way that we, the consumer, get KAC at msrp. When dealers like AU scalp like gunbroker prices, we’re left with nothing.

That’s why I posed the question to Jack, which I think are fair questions. Does KAC care?
View Quote

No they are not. This is capitalism whether you like it or not. Low production, high demand; price will be high.

People like you want equal outcome for everyone. You want that? It is right there available to you at that price, big boy. Seems like it is not within your means. Maybe spend less time crying on the internet, make a little but more money. Then, maybe then, paying $2000.00 for a lower wont make an impact on your budget.

As if someone is forcing you to buy it. These fake arbitrators of firearms market are disgusting.

Hey back to my advice. Maybe, just maybe you stopped making some dough; stay away from luxury time pieces and sports cars. You think i am brutal? Lol yeah right…
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By myitinaw:

Handwringing, Marxism, and a bit of a temper tantrum.

View Quote

This.

Leftists love guns too. I can only imagine the aids in reddit over this😂
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Gotta love those who run to defend others.

Since you’re in the mood for defending, how do you defend him leaking my name on Reddit. Or is that not wrong on AU as well
View Quote

Well I use AU all the time and have a suppressor from them showing up tomorrow. Didn't you leak his info here in the screen shot? Should since he owns a business not be able to do the same? Is anyone holding a gun to your head saying you have to buy it? The owner has made it clear over and over he is in business to make money which is what all companies want to do. Can't hate on the dude for making money.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#29]
How is this scalping or price gouging?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#30]

AU Response
Threat

@jack_l
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#31]
What the fuck is going on with these bullet list rant Karen fucking complaint posts?  Good god, what a pussy way to live your lives, coming here posting bullet point outIine complaints like y’all leaving a yelp review?  Have some self respect, please!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#32]
What item did AU have that was sold out in minutes?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:14:34 AM EDT
[#33]
'23ers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Yep. He’s the same girl
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:10:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By fltacoma:
What item did AU have that was sold out in minutes?
View Quote

SR15 IWS lowers I think.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#37]
This thread, along with the other thread is a train wreck.  Jack is not going to post Jack crap in either thread.  There are too many low number posters in here compared to other threads.  The mods need to shut this one and the other one down. You all need to be adults instead of the whining little bitches you are acting like.

Daniel
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:27:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPshooter1] [#38]
lol fucking cry me a river

God, communists are everywhere these days.

ETA: no one cries when AU blows out RC2 suppressors for $950 or offers super rare H&K parts that wouldn’t be available otherwise.  Funny how that works.

I will say the only thing I’ve witnessed them do that was shady was when they were first importing and selling euro market H&K guns via their affiliate “HKI Gambrills, MD” without advertising that they would be 3rd party imported and also not warranty supported by H&K USA.  It doesn’t sound all that shady until you realize the old H&K USA was called HK Inc. or “HKI” and it was an obvious attempt to deceive customers who thought they were buying authorized H&K USA product with full warranty support.  I think they’ve since cleared up the warrant thing and at some point claimed the guns now have full warranty support, but who knows.  It was still a shady move by them.

That being said, I’m going to continue doing business with them as long as I like the price and know what I’m getting from them.  I like free market economics.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Meh arms unlimited charging market value is what business is all about.

I got my gen 1 beretta 1301 for  $600 from them because  of the “fatal” flaw that was fixed with a small part addition. They were on clearance because they weren’t selling.  beretta fixed the design and they are going for 13-1400+ new and regarded as the best shotgun on the market by most.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:56:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#40]
It costs a lot to run a business and the primary goal is to make a profit. If an item is scarce and a retailer has that item in stock, it’s their prerogative to sell it how they see fit.

Also recall that pre-COVID dealers and distributors had a glut of KAC inventory including SR25s and cans at retail pricing and those items sat unpurchased until the COVID panic. KAC buy in is high. Dealers want to move items while maximizing ROI.

Has anyone complaining about pricing ever owned a business that had a large amount of money tied up in inventory that wasn’t moving? It’s a bad feeling and if you want to keep selling, you have to respect MAP. Then all of a sudden items start selling and restocking becomes scarce. If you sell at MSRP, you’ll just have scalper customers buying items to flip. How can you blame dealers for making money if the market will bear it? Look at what’s going on with the new car market right now. Look at the dealer markups on performance cars.

If you want an item and can afford it, buy it. If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. But stop the complaining.

Once dealer inventory catches up with demand, prices will cool off. And the same thing that always happens will repeat: dealers will have a ton of inventory and consumers will have less want when there is ample supply. Then the next panic will happen, supply will contract, and the same people who didn’t buy while every was in stock will complain about the same tropes.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
It costs a lot to run a business and the primary goal is to make a profit. If an item is scarce and a retailer has that item in stock, it’s their prerogative to sell it how they see fit.

Also recall that pre-COVID dealers and distributors had a glut of KAC inventory including SR25s and cans at retail pricing and those items sat unpurchased until the COVID panic. KAC buy in is high. Dealers want to move items while maximizing ROI.

Has anyone complaining about pricing ever owned a business that had a large amount of money tied up in inventory that wasn’t moving? It’s a bad feeling and if you want to keep selling, you have to respect MAP. Then all of a sudden items start selling and restocking becomes scarce. If you sell at MSRP, you’ll just have scalper customers buying items to flip. How can you blame dealers for making money if the market will bear it? Look at what’s going on with the new car market right now. Look at the dealer markups on performance cars.

If you want an item and can afford it, buy it. If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. But stop the complaining.

Once dealer inventory catches up with demand, prices will cool off. And the same thing that always happens will repeat: dealers will have a ton of inventory and consumers will have less want when there is ample supply. Then the next panic will happen, supply will contract, and the same people who didn’t buy while every was in stock will complain about the same tropes.

View Quote

This sums it up quite nicely.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#42]
To sum up:

OP learned about supply and demand.
OP is unhappy about it.
OP learned that other people don’t have to tolerate his reaction to the above.

To the OP:

Now you’ve learned that just because you are “offended”, that doesn’t mean anyone else is required to care.

/thread
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#43]
If you don't like the price, don't buy it.  It really is that simple. I have no idea what the issue is.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:58:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#44]
Originally Posted By Redman556:
No such thing as price gouging. There's too high a price for you, or I can get it cheaper elsewhere, but not gouging.

If you don't like the price, buy elsewhere. If you can't buy it cheaper elsewhere, then you don't value the item high enough to to make it worth your dollars to buy it.

Either buy a different gun, or save more money.  They can ask what they want.

Lots of things I can't buy because I don't have enough money, or the seller values the item more than I do. I don't go around crying about it.

Stop acting like communists. We don't have fixed prices in a free capitalist economy. Who would decide those prices? To be fair to all the people in the entire nation, the federal government would have to control the prices of everything. At that point, we may as well call Washington DC Moscow DC, because that's communism.
View Quote

This...

I personally don't see the value in KAC at current prices.

But I don't blame the sellers. I just don't buy it.

Beanie babies had a limited supply to consumers too, if you think this is bad you should see what people spent on stuffed animals in the 90s.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#45]
The collective response of the hive this time gives me "hope".
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AaronR:
The collective response of the hive this time gives me "hope".
View Quote

Just don't go to the KAC Reddit, it's full of communists last I saw.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Provoking a response from members, and or manufacturer's in regard to a discussion that did not originate on the site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top