Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/8/2023 12:07:23 PM EDT
As mentioned in the "AUG upgrade" thread I started yesterday, I'm not new to the design (owned them since the 1990s).  However, I've always used factory optics or RDS on them. This time around I'm considering a TA31 ACOG or LPVO (I have several options sitting around including a Geissele 1-6x, Trijicon CREDO 1-4x, Steiner PX4i 1-4x). I also have a "spare" Razor 1-6x but when I say "spare" I mean its on a carbine I consider a back-up to my primary AR so it isn't really "unassigned".

Anyway, my first inclination was to use the ACOG as it is bombproof, simple, you all know what they are.  However, I'm starting to wonder how a LVPO would work on a 16" AUG.  It won't "look right" but aesthetics aren't my primary concern.  I like the idea of a "sort-of" 1x for close in with 4x for up to 400yards (I've never been able to shoot an AUG accurately enough to go beyond 375-400 ... trigger sucks).  If I stick the ACOG on the rifle it'll be piggybacked with a Trijicon RMR for close-in.

Bullpup hive thoughts .... ACOG with Piggyback vs LVPO?  Both options will be supported with Troy, MBUS Pro or KAC flip BUIS.  Yah, I know, but I'm old and geezers like our iron sights.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it.. use what works for you. Me? I went Elcan 1x4 but would have put a 1 x 4 to 1 x 8 on there as well.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BDA:
Do it.. use what works for you. Me? I went Elcan 1x4 but would have put a 1 x 4 to 1 x 8 on there as well.
View Quote

Of the optics I have sitting around I think the Steiner in a LaRue QD mount would be the best fit.  I'm not crazy about the lack of "daylight bright" illumination on the CREDO or PX4i but as mentioned I really don't want to pull the Razor off another gun. I may start with the LPVO and see how I like an AUG with one.  Your ELCAN is many steps ahead of the options I'm considering, but if I really like the set up I could see buying a better option for it.

Realistically I consider AUGs 300 yard guns.  Sitting at a bench with no wind I struggle to hit a 24" steel gong at 375.  I've shot one out to 400 with pretty minimal success.  I think the gun is capable of good accuracy, but the trigger (as you know) simply sucks.  As such, anything over about 2x is for PTID only.  

The ACOG makes a lot of sense on it as its a compact and rugged option.  The downside is using a RMR as the "under 100" sighting system.  I was shooting my PWS Mk1 with TA31/RMR last night and the RMR is less than ideal outside a muzzle-to-50yard box.  That 50-100yd range is "no-mans land" for the ACOG/RMR setup as the ACOG is slow under 100 and the RMR is awful past (realistically 35 but pushing it 50).

However, adding time to "switch" a LPVO from 1 to 4 makes the ACOG seem fast.

No perfect solution here.  I guess I just need to experiment.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I have this option in my back pocket if needed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I use one on mine
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:34:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#5]
Personally I'm a bit of a purist and the AUG with integrated optic is iconic, and has the advantage of no cheese-grater effect depending on how you cock it.  But you are right, how does one fixed power optic do it all?  The original 1.5X was just low to be a pragmatic general purpose glass for my interests.  The 3X glass is a much better general purpose rifle magnification, for my interests.  You can see and do a lot with 3X.
But what about CQB?  3X is low enough that sorta of it works at CQB, and the round donut outside the crosshair is helpful.  But 3X isn't perfect and yes, it takes an extra bit of focus to not get lost if you'r engaging a bunch of CQB 10 yard targets at 3X - I can't deny.

My own route is to run a laser for CQB, and have it zerod for closer CQB distances.  I like the concept, but won't say I've perfected it.  I once tried running a holographic site off the side of the scope, for CQB, and run a 45 degree cant. . I'll tell you the erg's and applicability were actually FANTASTIC.  Until you fire a shot that is, because that brass ejection port is under you chin doing that.  So... back to the laser.  

If I had to do it all over again - I would still do it this way, because for most of my shooting, the fixed 3X is what I want, .... and it looks cooler.  Seriously, the main reason I bought an AUG was because it's iconic.  Part of that iconic look is the swooping integrated scope.  For me.  But I'll admit, I'm probably the odd one on that!

Here's my thread on the topic.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/The-bullpup-and-the-laser-Part-2-the-Steyr-AUG/43-547869/

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
As to your complaints about the trigger and impact on accuracy - I agree, but it can be improved.  I would suggest spending hte money on both the 2020 sear and the red spring kit, to greatly improve the trigger weight, feel, and break.  And then spend the money on the surpessor gas plug, to greatly improve the exagerated recoil impulse.  Those improvements will result in a gun that hits the target you are intending to hit and staying on target, to send another well-broken shot quickly.   It's made a considerable difference in how pleasant my own experience has been.

I'm personally not a fan of the shell deflector and mag release add-ons. I don't trust the shell deflector to always work, and don't care for how it attaches. And don't trust the security of its attachment.  And there's not a thing wrong with the factory mag release.  Low profile is best profile.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#7]
It sounds like ACOG means 4x to you, while a lower power version may  fit your use better.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Personally I'm a bit of a purist and the AUG with integrated optic is iconic, and has the advantage of no cheese-grater effect depending on how you cock it.  But you are right, how does one fixed power optic do it all?  The original 1.5X was just low to be a pragmatic general purpose glass for my interests.  The 3X glass is a much better general purpose rifle magnification, for my interests.  You can see and do a lot with 3X.
But what about CQB?  3X is low enough that sorta of it works at CQB, and the round donut outside the crosshair is helpful.  But 3X isn't perfect and yes, it takes an extra bit of focus to not get lost if you'r engaging a bunch of CQB 10 yard targets at 3X - I can't deny.

My own route is to run a laser for CQB, and have it zerod for closer CQB distances.  I like the concept, but won't say I've perfected it.  I once tried running a holographic site off the side of the scope, for CQB, and run a 45 degree cant. . I'll tell you the erg's and applicability were actually FANTASTIC.  Until you fire a shot that is, because that brass ejection port is under you chin doing that.  So... back to the laser.  

If I had to do it all over again - I would still do it this way, because for most of my shooting, the fixed 3X is what I want, .... and it looks cooler.  Seriously, the main reason I bought an AUG was because it's iconic.  Part of that iconic look is the swooping integrated scope.  For me.  But I'll admit, I'm probably the odd one on that!

Here's my thread on the topic.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/The-bullpup-and-the-laser-Part-2-the-Steyr-AUG/43-547869/

https://i.postimg.cc/fyndH7NB/AUG-with-green-laser-and-impacts.jpg
View Quote

My first unit was a 905 "Carl preban". It is still my favorite.  My second favorite was the STG77SA "modern Carl".  I had one with the 1.5x pic rail optic and one with the 3x pic rail optic.  Those would be 3rd and 4th place favorites.  All that I had to add an optic to were less, as you say, iconic.  I really wanted another STG77SA but not at $2700.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#9]
As to your complaints about the trigger and impact on accuracy - I agree, but it can be improved.  I would suggest spending hte money on both the 2020 sear and the red spring kit, to greatly improve the trigger weight, feel, and break.  And then spend the money on the surpessor gas plug, to greatly improve the exagerated recoil impulse.  Those improvements will result in a gun that hits the target you are intending to hit and staying on target, to send another well-broken shot quickly.   It's made a considerable difference in how pleasant my own experience has been.

I'm personally not a fan of the shell deflector and mag release add-ons. I don't trust the shell deflector to always work, and don't care for how it attaches. And don't trust the security of its attachment.  And there's not a thing wrong with the factory mag release.  Low profile is best profile.
View Quote

After I break the gun in I will definitely add the RW 20/20 sear and red spring kit.  I haven't seen the suppressor plug online, but hadn't been specifically looking for it.  I'll have to add that to the list too.  They're great guns albeit with toy gun feeling triggers and abrupt impulse.  If that can be improved ... it is worth the money.  I've been following the discussions about "drop safety" with regards to the 2020 and 2020+red springs.  IIRC I could get hammer follow with a dropped gun when the safety was off anyway.  Just keep the safety on (blocks hammer movement) and all is good.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 3:21:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#10]
Originally Posted By -k-:
It sounds like ACOG means 4x to you, while a lower power version may  fit your use better.
View Quote

I bought my first ACOG in 1994, and haven't been without at least three since. I've owned 1.5, 2x, 3x, 3.5x, and 4x.  Currently I only own TA11s (3.5x on a couple of carbines) and TA31s (4x on a couple of guns + a spare).  The 3x TA33 would be a perfect compliment but I don't want to buy an optic when I have several homeless options floating around.   I think I've had two TA33s and thought they were very practical.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#11]
An LPVO on an AUG is a solid setup. The optic with the longest life on my AUG was the Burris RT-6 in a Manticore Talon mount. Worked well enough, but I just didn't like LPVOs as much as most people do. Even upgrading to the Razor Gen II-E didn't fix that.

I think my favorite optic for the AUG is the PA GLx 2x prism. Better in nearly every way to the integrated scopes besides maybe aesthetics.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:

After I break the gun in I will definitely add the RW 20/20 sear and red spring kit.  I haven't seen the suppressor plug online, but hadn't been specifically looking for it.  I'll have to add that to the list too.  They're great guns albeit with toy gun feeling triggers and abrupt impulse.  If that can be improved ... it is worth the money.  I've been following the discussions about "drop safety" with regards to the 2020 and 2020+red springs.  IIRC I could get hammer follow with a dropped gun when the safety was off anyway.  Just keep the safety on (blocks hammer movement) and all is good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

FWIW, I do agree that safety is important, but I will say apparently I did something wrong with my drop-safety install when I swapped out my red springs (the instructional video's essentially omit describing that step very well), and this weekend mine fell out of the trigger housing entirely and jammed the gun.  Apparently I've run at least 500 rounds through the gun without a working drop safety with red springs and a 2020 sear; , doing all kinds of action and bench shooting.  I'm not saying the drop safety is irrelevant, but basically if you don't leave your gun chambered and loaded and don't drop it just so very so, it's not really as vital as all that.  That said, I reinstalled it now correctly, and the gun does indeed have a drop safety again, and the 2020 seear is designed to work with it, and has the cutout for it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#13]

The 3x TA33 would be a perfect compliment but I don't want to buy an optic when I have several homeless options floating around.   I think I've had two TA33s and thought they were very practical.
View Quote

Ok, that makes sense. I’d pick the LPVO you have that you like the 1x and illumination the best, and try it out.

I’m not at all worried about aesthetics, just what works for me, but then my bullpup is an RDB. I went from an LPVO to the GLx 2x prism and I’m liking it a lot better.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 6:42:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 80085] [#14]

View Quote

To be accurate it is not ratworx’s sear or design. 2020 designed and makes the sear. Ratworx was kind enough in the beginning to sell 2020’s products when no one else was interested.

Also, the gun is absolutely NOT drop safe in any condition (with or without the sear or springs installed). No worries from me, but don’t misconstrue the “drop safety” as a feature making the chambered gun safe from accidental discharge.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Nightforce nx8 would be great on the Aug. 8x is way overkill, but dial to 5-6x and you have huge eyebox. Nuclear bright illumination and a reticle that (in most scenarios) doesn’t need illumination including at 1x.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
Nightforce nx8 would be great on the Aug. 8x is way overkill, but dial to 5-6x and you have huge eyebox. Nuclear bright illumination and a reticle that (in most scenarios) doesn’t need illumination including at 1x.
View Quote

Agreed. My current 1-4x doesn’t cut it. I know someone looking for a nightforce nx8…
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Probably
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#18]
TR24 for the win
Attachment Attached File

100 yd group with federal 223.
Attachment Attached File

As good as I can do with the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 10:57:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 80085:

Agreed. My current 1-4x doesn’t cut it. I know someone looking for a nightforce nx8…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 80085:
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

I agree about 8x being more than is necessary on an AUG.  I personally like 1-8x because I can dail in at 6x without "max mag distortion".  Whereas with a 1-6x I usually top out at 4-5x.  I'm starting to wonder if I stick my "spare" Razor Gen2 HD 1-6x on it as it is actually clear at 6x.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kwisak:
Probably
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 3-gun:
TR24 for the win
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/751/IMG_1658_jpeg-3021251.JPG
100 yd group with federal 223.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/751/71744216010__0308A149-0ACA-4560-B77D-C8D-3021256.JPG
As good as I can do with the trigger.
View Quote

***You win the avatar contest.***

I've had a number of TR24.  Nice optics.  I simply prefer more than 4x in a LPVO.  I've had 1.25-4, 1-4, 1-6, 1-8, 1-10 and prefer 1-8x (with topping out at 6x).
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#22]
At this time I'm stuck between my ACOG TA31 with RMR06 piggybacked and Vortex Razor Gen 2 HD 1-6x.  Both are in LaRue QD mounts and would be "supported" by a set of MBUS Pro, Troy or KAC flip sights.  I am old and think a rifle looks incomplete with some type of iron sight on it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 1:31:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Of the optics I have sitting around I think the Steiner in a LaRue QD mount would be the best fit.  I'm not crazy about the lack of "daylight bright" illumination on the CREDO or PX4i but as mentioned I really don't want to pull the Razor off another gun. I may start with the LPVO and see how I like an AUG with one.  Your ELCAN is many steps ahead of the options I'm considering, but if I really like the set up I could see buying a better option for it.

Realistically I consider AUGs 300 yard guns.  Sitting at a bench with no wind I struggle to hit a 24" steel gong at 375.  I've shot one out to 400 with pretty minimal success.  I think the gun is capable of good accuracy, but the trigger (as you know) simply sucks.  As such, anything over about 2x is for PTID only.  

The ACOG makes a lot of sense on it as its a compact and rugged option.  The downside is using a RMR as the "under 100" sighting system.  I was shooting my PWS Mk1 with TA31/RMR last night and the RMR is less than ideal outside a muzzle-to-50yard box.  That 50-100yd range is "no-mans land" for the ACOG/RMR setup as the ACOG is slow under 100 and the RMR is awful past (realistically 35 but pushing it 50).

However, adding time to "switch" a LPVO from 1 to 4 makes the ACOG seem fast.

No perfect solution here.  I guess I just need to experiment.
View Quote

With the ratworx sear the trigger is not bad... and definitely capable out to 375+... I know the elcans can be pricey, but man they are really great on this platform.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#24]
At this time I'm stuck between my ACOG TA31 with RMR06 piggybacked and Vortex Razor Gen 2 HD 1-6x.  Both are in LaRue QD mounts and would be "supported" by a set of MBUS Pro, Troy or KAC flip sights.  I am old and think a rifle looks incomplete with some type of iron sight on it.
View Quote

Of those two options, I’d choose the acog/rmr.
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#25]
FEDEX came thru on their scheduled delivery date …

This set up seems “right” to me.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#27]
I had great results with a TR24G on my STG556.
Miss that rifle...
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 1:32:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#28]
I'm still torn on the durability of the ACOG and the versatility of a LPVO. This mental debate isn't relegated to only my AUG. I have the same thoughts regarding my ARs.  

The answer is probably found in the quality of the LPVO.  Most people agree that ACOGs are at the top of the prism optic quality spectrum. A significant amount of money has to be spent to get the same quality from a LPVO.  Comparing, for example, my Trijicon Credo HX to an ACOG is unfair whereas comparing a Gen 3 Razor to an ACOG would be more "apples to apples".  Unfortunately that 3rd Gen 1-10 Razor is a $2,500 optic.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I also think the AUG's intended use has to be considered when choosing the optic.  As I age, and my eyesight diminishes, I'm finding RDS are no longer viable past 100 yards.  Therefore, if the intended use is 100 and in then a quality RDS would be fine.  However, I prefer to be able to shoot to around 400 yards with  all of my carbines and rifles.

An ACOG with RMR piggybacked works well enough, but isn't ideal.  You REALLY see the optical quality difference when you switch from the crystal clear ACOG to the blue-distorted RMR.
A very high quality (clear glass, good light transmission, no edge abberation, and DAYLIGHT BRIGHT reticle) 1-6x or 1-8x LPVO is great if you discount the time it takes to "switch" between 1x and 6or8x.  I haven't found this to be natural and end up having to find the eye box again.

The transition is easier with the ACOG/RMR but again the RMR is less than ideal.

It becomes a decision between trade-offs.  Image quality vs time + primary durability (an ACOG is going to be more durable than any variable option) vs versatility.

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Aren't VCOGs crazy durable LPVOs?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By badkarmaiii:
Aren't VCOGs crazy durable LPVOs?
View Quote

Yes they are. They are also heavy as hell.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jkirkon:

Yes they are. They are also heavy as hell.
View Quote

Expensive too!
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I don’t have any personal exposure to the newish VCOGs.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 4:05:20 PM EDT
[#34]
A quick search and they’re about $1900 plus the cost of a usable mount.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a 1x6 VCOG on a Colt LE901. Nice optic, but like I say, it’s heavy.

I might stick it on my AUG one day, just to play with it.

I use a T2 on my AUG, but I can see a LVPO being pretty useful on it, depending on your intended purpose.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#36]
aod, is that a bushnell? It looks like the one on my m17s

Tahnks
Mike
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By WriterClarke:
An LPVO on an AUG is a solid setup. The optic with the longest life on my AUG was the Burris RT-6 in a Manticore Talon mount. Worked well enough, but I just didn't like LPVOs as much as most people do. Even upgrading to the Razor Gen II-E didn't fix that.

I think my favorite optic for the AUG is the PA GLx 2x prism. Better in nearly every way to the integrated scopes besides maybe aesthetics.
View Quote

I just snagged(I hope)the one off of the EE last night after being on the fence about it for a week. Gonna put at least one of my MA mounts to use.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:49:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#38]
Over the past couple of weeks I've tried a couple of different optics on my A3 M1 16" to include:

Aimpoint PRO in GDI Mount
Steiner P4Xi in LaRue SPR Mount
Steiner P4Xi in 30mm Cantilever Mount
Trijicon TA31 in LaRue Mount with RMR06 Piggyback

I liked all of the options, but did not like how crowded the rail became with the Steiner.  I had to use a set of MagPul MBUS Pro with the front sight turned around backwards to get everything to fit.  My favorite BUIS are KAC, but I actually prefer to use Troy on AUGs.  A set of Troy fit fine with the Aimpoint and ACOG but were a no-go with my LPVO in two different mounts.

I fired 90 rounds with the AP PRO on Friday at 50 yards (zero) and then out to 100 yards.  It was surprisingly accurate with the 2MOA dot.

I fired 150 rounds with the ACOG / RMR yesterday at 50 yard (RMR zero) and 100 yards (ACOG zero) then out to 200.  Had I not taken my Colt SOCOM with SSA-E trigger and TA31 ACOG along side the AUG I would have been impressed by the AUG's performance.  However, the trigger on the AUG keeps it from printing tiny groups at 100 yards. I was probably averaging 2" with Wolf Classic Steel Case in HIGH WIND and driving rain.  For me, this is absolutely 100% acceptable performance.

I have a lot of different optics, but always end up coming back to the ACOG.  It isn't perfect, but its hard to beat for a general purpose magnified optic especially when sistered with a RMR piggyback.  I think they're perfect for a compact firearm like an AUG.   The RMR was fast out to 100 yards and the ACOG was precise enough to hit a 6" steel gong at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:57:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#39]
Originally Posted By WriterClarke:

View Quote

It seems pretty obvious that LPVO are becoming the "primary choice" for a lot of people (including the military), but like you I am not that enamored with them.  I don't think they're as fast as a Fixed Power Magnified Prism with piggyback or offset RDS, and nobody will convince me they're as durable.  The only real advantage is the 1-8x having greater high-end magnification than a 3.5x or 4x ACOG (realistically 7x for clarity on most LPVO in my experience).  I've tried 1-4x, 1.25-4x, 1-6x, 1-8x, and 1-10x.  1-8x was the "sweet spot" but again, slower than a Prism / RDS combo and 1x on a LPVO is never actually 1x.  I've owned Gen 2 Razors, US Optics (US Made ... not the cheap foreign versions), and Nightforce so I tried the best as well as mid-tier like Steiner, Geissele, Vortex, Leupold, Trijicon, etc.

I still have the Steiner and Razor but wouldn't buy them again.   If I could do everything over I would stick with 3.5x and 4x ACOG  with RMR piggybacks and then just traditional illuminated optics in the 2-10 or 4-16 range (with an offset mini-RDS).
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Having said I'm not completely on the LPVO team ... I keep wondering how my Razor Gen 2 HD 1-6x would be on an AUG with 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By xdmikey:
aod, is that a bushnell? It looks like the one on my m17s

Tahnks
Mike
View Quote

Yes. The 1-4x24.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

It's pretty heavy but fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 5:49:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TriggerFish] [#44]

Have it both ways.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#45]
How do you keep those white AUGs clean?  I would stain one with carbon covered hands or lube the first time I fired it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#46]
How do you keep those white AUGs clean?  I would stain one with carbon covered hands or lube the first time I fired it.
View Quote

I use 91% isopropyl alcohol and paper towels.
Comes back to "white, white" every time.
I've also heard that Mr. Clean pads work well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#47]
I love acogs and would have them on everything if money were no roadblock.

Astigmatism and aging eyes make all red dots and now even Eotechs blurry, even with corrective lenses.

I also find that as I age staying in shape is more difficult.  To me, the AUG is already heavy and the balance people talk about doesn’t offset this.  Adding a LPVO makes it too heavy, and all of those are heavy.

So your answer is a 3x acog.
With crosshair.

I put the factory SF optic on mine cuz it was cheaper than an Acog—and id rather have the Acog.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Can't believe no one posted a Manticore mount yet.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:56:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Thank you!

I have one, actually two, just trying to decide what to put in them. Sadly they are for the a3 and I only have one of those.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:42:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Razor 1-6.

It’s awful hefty on an AR… But it feels right at home on the AUG. It’s heavy, but it doesn’t feel like you’ve got a small toddler hanging off the nose of your rifle, still easy enough to shoot one handed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top