Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 9/10/2023 8:51:19 PM EDT
So I have a first gen GSG-5, it has a good 10-20k rounds thru it..... Yeah, it has been a good gun with very little actual maintenance required on it during that time. Replaced a hammer spring, two bolts striped on the bolt housing assembly, and had to reprofile the fire pin once as it blunted, but this may be the one that breaks the camels back.

I recently noticed the cases starting to bulge near the rim and found the culprit, a crack has formed in the barrel at the extractor groove. Cases are not rupturing, yet, but figured I would see if anyone has any leads on where I might be able to find a replacement?

Link Posted: 9/13/2023 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By PiGood:
So I have a first gen GSG-5, it has a good 10-20k rounds thru it..... Yeah, it has been a good gun with very little actual maintenance required on it during that time. Replaced a hammer spring, two bolts striped on the bolt housing assembly, and had to reprofile the fire pin once as it blunted, but this may be the one that breaks the camels back.

I recently noticed the cases starting to bulge near the rim and found the culprit, a crack has formed in the barrel at the extractor groove. Cases are not rupturing, yet, but figured I would see if anyone has any leads on where I might be able to find a replacement?

View Quote

I believe the gsg 16 is essential a GSG522 with different plastic by looking at photos. Since the GSG 16 was a more recent production, you might have better luck find a barrel then having it cut down to your desired size.

IIRC someone offered barrel cutting service in the arfcom service section for around $80-95 if you end up going that route.

The only other option is to call ATI on the phone, give them your serial # & see if they have one. They used to have a few parts squirreled away for existing GSG owners.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:04:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kokopelli] [#2]
Well, if you find out how to get a new barrel, please share. I’ve been looking and asking for almost 6 years now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top