Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2024 3:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rickomatic1]
Ok. This wasn't this hard last time I had a C&R back in the early 2000's. ATF website says current license holders will receive  a renewal application within 90 days of expiration date. Mine expires on June 1, and not a peep from the Feds. If you go to the ATF website and click on the forms page, they list every form EXCEPT Form 8, which is the renewal form. What kind of fuckery is this? Has anyone gotten a renewal notification from them recently? My tin foil hat tells me that they are doing this on purpose to make it hard (impossible) to renew. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
My last renewal form came a month before it expired and I sent it out the next day. Came back in the mail 2 weeks after the old one expired. Renewal before that came in around 90 days before and got the renewal back a week after mailing it in. No rhyme or reason.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Go on line, fill out the form, send it in. Mine took 3 weeks to come back.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:53:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mholmes1] [#3]
Keyword is "within" 90 days expiration. Take your tin foil hat off, the ATF couldn't care less about C&Rs. Worst comes to worst, just reapply after expiration and you can get rid of all your old log books if you think it's a conspiracy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I must be an idiot. I can't find the renewal form anywhere on the BATFE website. It is supposed to be Form 8 Part II. It references it several places on the website, but if you go to the forms page, it skips from form 7 to form 9.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rickomatic1:
I must be an idiot. I can't find the renewal form anywhere on the BATFE website. It is supposed to be Form 8 Part II. It references it several places on the website, but if you go to the forms page, it skips from form 7 to form 9.
View Quote
Its not a form they keep there. You have to conatct the Federal Firearms Licensing Center.

Heres their phone and email.
Voice: (866) 662-2750 (Toll Free)

Email: [email protected]

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Rob940:
Its not a form they keep there. You have to conatct the Federal Firearms Licensing Center.

Heres their phone and email.
Voice: (866) 662-2750 (Toll Free)

Email: [email protected]

View Quote

Thanks. On hold with them right now. That's why it seems like they're trying to make it hard to renew. Why not have that form online at their site? Licenses are only good for 3 years, so everyone needs to renew every year. But no forms online?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Whew! That was a chore. I guess the .gov doesn't do anything easy. At least after being on hold for half an hour, and getting some intern that didn't know much I got transferred to a nice lady named Amy who was cordial, efficient, and helpful. She emailed me my form within 10 minutes of getting off the line with her. All filled out, and ready for mail.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By rickomatic1:
She emailed me my form within 10 minutes of getting off the line with her. All filled out, and ready for mail.
View Quote
Nicely done.

So is it just for you, or can it be filled out for any C&R FFL renewal?
Maybe somebody could host it and help out the next guy?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Nicely done.

So is it just for you, or can it be filled out for any C&R FFL renewal?
Maybe somebody could host it and help out the next guy?
View Quote

The form she sent was partially filled out already with my info. Call the number listed above, wait on hold for half an hour, talk to an intern who has Gen X,Y,Z level communication skills, get transferred to the right department, and you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:42:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jerret_S] [#10]
I got my renewal about 6 weeks or more before expiration.

Maybe 3 weeks to get it back once mailed. The check I sent was cashed the first week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top