Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2024 11:33:48 AM EDT
Heavily considering a Benelli M4 as my next purchase. I have an 870 with an urbino stock, factory +2 extension, side saddle and surefire forend, but I’m thinking of getting rid of that and getting an m4 as my one go-to Shotgun.

I want one with the already installed 7 round mag tube and the fully working collapsible stock. The thing I keep seeing on reviews is that they cannot be imported this way and the work will have to be done yourself, however I see listings on gunbroker and other sites with this work already done. Is this just done by whoever is selling it or does Benelli offer a converted model brand new now?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the guns you see on GB are supposed to be for sale to law enforcement.  In order for them to be transferred to non le they have to be used. Or I believed ordered for le and the agency backed out of the purchase.  
Others are made 922r compliant by changing the correct number of parts.

That’s my understanding

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#2]
If you qualify for mil discounts you can get one. There are also sellers out there that sell them to civilians as well i think botac is one. You can get them on gb. Here is my 11715 I got with my qualified mil discount from primary arms.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup the 11715 is what you seek.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Fantastic, thanks for the model number! Is that the LE model number?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Models to look at are 11714, 11715, 11721, 11732,11733, 11734,
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Can I just buy any of those models off of gunbroker or do I need to be LE or military?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pug826:
Can I just buy any of those models off of gunbroker or do I need to be LE or military?
View Quote

I think if you get from places like botac you are gtg and same with gunbroker. Not all are le models. Some have 5 position stocks and rails already if that's something you want over the 3 position.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Definitely looking for a 5 position stock and the full magazine. I suppose it doesn’t hurt to ask a seller on gunbroker beforehand.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:07:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#9]
Definitely looking for a 5 position stock and the full magazine. I suppose it doesn’t hurt to ask a seller on gunbroker beforehand.
View Quote

The 5 position stock is the new one. To me it looks kinda funky compared to the original 3 position. Here are examples of the 5 position.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Ah thank you for clarifying! I agree I would much rather have the original 3 position. I thought they made that one in both 3 and 5 after seeing it mentioned but I definitely do not want the 5 position now
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Ah thank you for clarifying! I agree I would much rather have the original 3 position. I thought they made that one in both 3 and 5 after seeing it mentioned but I definitely do not want the 5 position now
View Quote

Then the main model you need to look for would be the 11715 or 11721unless you want the h20 finish then it's the 11796
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been eyeballing that h20 finish… so theoretically, I could just purchase this and it’s all good to go for me to own it? With the un-neutered parts and all?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1048247780
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been eyeballing that h20 finish… so theoretically, I could just purchase this and it’s all good to go for me to own it? With the un-neutered parts and all?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1048247780
View Quote

Yes it's legal to own.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Definitely looking for a 5 position stock and the full magazine. I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask a seller on gunbroker beforehand.
View Quote
You can always get something like the classic 11715 and add a tube with more positions.

https://rxarms.com/products/benelli-m4-parts-and-accessories/benelli-m4-6-position-recoil-tube/

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
You can always get something like the classic 11715 and add a tube with more positions.

https://rxarms.com/products/benelli-m4-parts-and-accessories/benelli-m4-6-position-recoil-tube/

View Quote

Problem is if you do that you have to make the gun compliant. You can't just swap out the stock as far as I know.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:44:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: c7aea15] [#16]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:

Problem is if you do that you have to make the gun compliant. You can't just swap out the stock as far as I know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have a tenuous grasp, at best, of this 922r BS but it already has a collapsible stock (so you're not adding one) and that recoil tube isn't even on the list for compliant parts (if Benelli did install a US made one for compliance). So basically you're exchanging one imported part with another.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:52:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#17]

I have a tenuous grasp, at best, of this 922r BS but it already has a collapsible stock (so you're not adding one) and that recoil tube isn't even on the list for parts. So basically you're exchanging one imported part with another.
View Quote

But as is its a le compliant and 922r compliant. Once you start changing parts it changes the status, but who knows. That 6 position stock is an aftermarket stock and not a factory benelli part thus it would not make it 922r. If you replaced it with a benelli 5 position, then I think it would stay compliant.

It's all a bunch of bs that shouldn't matter..
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#18]

But as is its a le compliant and 922r compliant. Once you start changing parts it changes the status, but who knows. That 6 position stock is an aftermarket stock and not a factory benelli part thus it would not make it 922r. If you replaced it with a benelli 5 position, then I think it would stay compliant.

View Quote
Yea I don't know enough about it do definitively say one way or another. I read it as imported parts, nothing about from the same manufacturer.

But the good news is if OP wants to be absolutely sure he's in 922r compliance there are enough US made parts for the M4 he can swap out to do so.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Yea I don't know enough about it do definitively say one way or another. I read it as imported parts, nothing about from the same manufacturer.

But the good news is if OP wants to be absolutely sure he's in 922r compliance there are enough US made parts for the M4 he can swap out to do so.
View Quote

That is true. First thing is for op getting the m4 he wants. That should be pretty easy and if op decides he wants a 5 or 6 position stock over the 3 position that can be addressed later.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:24:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I got a 11796 for a good price after attending a Team One armorers course for the M4.  Team One is the company Benelli uses to provide armorer training to law enforcement.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:23:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgonot] [#21]
I recall reading a topic on the Benelli forum that changing the tube for the stock is NOT a simple process. I'm pretty sure I recall StrangerDanger has a step by step procedure with pics showing and explaining how to swap the tube for the stock on the Benelli Forum too.

As far as 922r compliance goes, I've NEVER once heard anyone ever explain a single scenario where ANYONE would ever be forced to comply with a search in order to determine whether or not a shotgun is "compliant". No one can tell at a glance whether internal parts are US made without a deliberate search (disassembly). Just seeing a collapsible stock and/or a full length magazine tube is NOT probable cause to search (or disassemble) a shotgun without explicit permission. A warrant cannot be granted based on a 'hunch' either. 922r seems to be for importer/exporters and licensed dealers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ARgonot:
I recall reading a topic on the Benelli forum that changing the tube for the stock is NOT a simple process. I'm pretty sure I recall StrangerDanger has a step by step procedure with pics showing and explaining how to swap the tube on the Benelli Forum too.

As far as 922r compliance goes, I've NEVER once heard anyone ever explain a single scenario where ANYONE would ever be forced to comply with a search in order to determine whether or not a shotgun is "compliant". No one can tell at a glance whether internal parts are US made without a deliberate search (disassembly). Just seeing a collapsible stock and/or a full length magazine tube is NOT probable cause to search (or disassemble) a shotgun without explicit permission. A warrant cannot be granted based on a 'hunch' either. 922r seems to be for importer/exporters and licensed dealers.
View Quote
I swapped my recoil tube and mag tube. It's not that difficult but yes you do need to pay attention and be careful. It's the factory loctite that's a pain.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I recall reading a topic on the Benelli forum that changing the tube for the stock is NOT a simple process. I'm pretty sure I recall StrangerDanger has a step by step procedure with pics showing and explaining how to swap the tube for the stock on the Benelli Forum too.

View Quote

I don't think it would be a big deal unless atf wanted to add it on to other charges. I think that would be the only real way it would be found out or be informed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:53:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Changing the recoil tube doesn't look like a big deal.

Briley Benelli M4 6 Position Recoil Spring Tube Installation
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pug826] [#25]
Well, I bought one the way I wanted it so I won’t be changing out parts, but I do have an RMR I wanna put on it. Is there a specific mount that will let me cow it was with the ghost ring sights?

Also want to get an IWC  scout light mount, is this even possible to buy anywhere anymore?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, I bought one the way I wanted it so I won't be changing out parts, but I do have an RMR I wanna put on it. Is there a specific mount that will let me cow it was with the ghost ring sights?

Also want to get an IWC  scout light mount, is this even possible to buy anywhere anymore?
View Quote
Several companies make nice mounts. Scalarworks, farrowtech, RXARMS to name a few. If you run the stock fully extended cowitnessing shouldn't be an issue.

I haven't seen an IWC mount available for a while. I overpaid for one from Freedom Fighter Tactical. I think second hand would be your only option.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I can’t seem to find any on freedom fighter anyway, no idea how to navigate that site, doesn’t seem to be an option for light mounts.

I did purchase a low profile rail mount for the rmr, that should do for now since I kind of want to mount it all the way forward. Otherwise I really want to find the older scalarworks mount for it with the rail built in as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#28]
If you want to cowitness you need to remove the rail and get a low profile mount.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I see IWC light mounts listed for sale online. I just Googled it and clicked link after link.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I see IWC light mounts listed for sale online. I just Googled it and clicked link after link.
View Quote
Maybe help the OP out and post a link. Ever since the owner died they've been difficult to come by.

I meant to say I overpaid at FFT once they were getting scarce and he was the only place that still had them (probably because of the cost).
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Would love one of those links, I don’t see any for sale anywhere
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I got to take my m4 out to the range today. Just be warned that with 2 3/4 shells even with ghost loading you probably will only get 8 shells in. I know I can only get 6 in the tube of either the slugs or oo buck I was using.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:22:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#33]

View Quote
My understanding is that the "LE" part was its importation under 18 USC 925, which is what exempted it from 922(r).

It doesn't matter which company/factory made the parts; only US versus foreign matters under 922(r) but you needn't worry because there's no possession charge under 922(r) anyway. Just never admit to any unlawful assembly (if accused... you won't be) and you're good. It's not a crime under 922(r) to possess a firearm which was assembled without regard to imported parts count (and anything imported/sold/shipped pursuant to 925 doesn't have to be anyway)
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
My understanding is that the "LE" part was its importation under 18 USC 925, which is what exempted it from 922(r).

It doesn't matter which company/factory made the parts; only US versus foreign matters under 922(r) but you needn't worry because there's no possession charge under 922(r) anyway. Just never admit to any unlawful assembly (if accused... you won't be) and you're good. It's not a crime under 922(r) to possess a firearm which was assembled without regard to imported parts count (and anything imported/sold/shipped pursuant to 925 doesn't have to be anyway)
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification. These rules are so damn stupid.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#35]
These rules are so damn stupid.
View Quote
Oh I agree 100%
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top