Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2024 10:56:12 PM EDT
Looking at wrb cases “not sure what size would be best

Elite survival/ ?

Really wanted and old eagle industry woodland one but no luck

I’m looking for od or black. What’s some good ones out there?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:23:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QtrHorse] [#1]
The K model will fit in the Galati 16in case.  I have one that I store my AP5-P in with a folding brace.  You can barely fit a full size diagnolly with no stock in the 16in case.  There is an additional pocket that would hold magazines and other misc. items.  It is a very nice case with thick padding and has no extra straps hanging off.

The black 4 magazine holder is also from Galati.  It has male Velcro on the back that can attack to the female Velcro in the additional pouch on the 16in case.  The magazine pouch comes with a Velcro panel that has Molle on the back as well.

The 16in case only comes in FDE, OD and black.  There is a 26in version as well that only comes in black I believe.  The Galati case is similar to the WRB case.

Savior makes a 24in rifle case.  They are also made well with thick padding.  The American Classic (I have a couple) has multiple additional storage pockets/ sections.  It’s quite a bit more busy than the Galati cases.  The Savior comes in black, OD, FDE and gray.

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:07:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chemcmndr] [#2]
Specifically for the shorty, I have the Elite 16” Covert Operations case that has extra room, tie down straps, velcro mag pouch, and a removable divider.

Now, I really don’t use it all that often, but it’s a good discrete case.

My normal go-to case for going to the range is an Uncle Mike’s SMG case. Holds the K unfolded with a 15 or 20 round mag in place or a collapsed full size MP5A3 and holds 6 mags.

I have other cases I’ve used for the full size MP5, but those are the two I use when specifically looking at the K
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Some good options!

Just ordered an OD Galati 16in case.
And extra mag pouch
It’s one of the brands i forgot about that was around in the 90’s
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:15:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dayphotog] [#4]
Got gone galati case and a little underwhelmed for the price.

It’s made in China and polyester and not cordura.

For the same price I could have got 1000d cordura made in usa brands

It’s not bad if it was half the cost, but it’s same cost as USA ones

Should have gone with elite survival or savior

Or that made in Texas brand
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dayphotog:
Got gone galati case and a little underwhelmed for the price.

It’s made in China and polyester and not cordura.

For the same price I could have got 1000d cordura made in usa brands

It’s not bad if it was half the cost, but it’s same cost as USA ones

Should have gone with elite survival or savior

Or that made in Texas brand
View Quote

The Galati gear is 1000D, not polyester.

Savior is an import just like any sub $75 case.  Highly doubt you will get a 1000D US made soft case for less than $100.

I have both brands and the Galati is considerably more stiff than the Savior and the Savior is a good case, just more flimsy than the Galati.  The Galati has more dense foam padding.

The Savior is not as flimsy as a 5.11 or MidWay soft case, I have both.  I’m can fold the 5.11 and Midway case in half.  It would be hard to do that to the Savior and nearly impossible to do that to the Galati.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the 16" laptop cases, they are more discreet and less expensive.  Then get a piece of Kaizen foam and cut to size and cut out the profile of the MP5K to fit.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine fits in a backpack from Aldi perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:12:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dayphotog] [#8]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

The Galati gear is 1000D, not polyester.

Savior is an import just like any sub $75 case.  Highly doubt you will get a 1000D US made soft case for less than $100.

I have both brands and the Galati is considerably more stiff than the Savior and the Savior is a good case, just more flimsy than the Galati.  The Galati has more dense foam padding.

The Savior is not as flimsy as a 5.11 or MidWay soft case, I have both.  I’m can fold the 5.11 and Midway case in half.  It would be hard to do that to the Savior and nearly impossible to do that to the Galati.  
View Quote

I have a ncstar 1000d polyester bag also made in china that feels identical to the Galati. I have older eagle industries rifle bags that are 1000d Cordura nylon and feel way different. The Galati  just feels super cheap like the ncstar that I paid $39 for.
The galati even has the plastic coating on the inside like all the china 1000D stuff.

this is made in Texas and $100 and what I will end up getting. They said it would fit the K
https://wrbsales.com/product/bt-mpxk-subgun-15-case/
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:01:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: QtrHorse] [#9]

I have a ncstar 1000d polyester bag also made in china that feels identical to the Galati. I have older eagle industries rifle bags that are 1000d Cordura nylon and feel way different. The Galati  just feels super cheap like the ncstar that I paid $39 for.
The galati even has the plastic coating on the inside like all the china 1000D stuff.

this is made in Texas and $100 and what I will end up getting. They said it would fit the K
[url=https://wrbsales.com/product/bt-mpxk-subgun-15-case/[/url]
View Quote

Where did you buy the Galati case from?  Your case looks nothing like the pictures I posted?  My case has no plastic/ PVC type material on it anywhere.  It’s odd because the Galati cases I have feel high quality compared to other cases I own.  The Midway case is the cheapest feeling case I own, it’s that 400d coated polyester material which is why it’s so flimsy.

The 16in Galati cases are $68 currently at Optics Planet with the 10% discount.  That’s where I got my Galati cases, all well under list price.

That WRB case looks nice.  Please post pics and or your opinion of it after receiving it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:

Where did you buy the Galati case from?  Your case looks nothing like the pictures I posted?  My case has no plastic/ PVC type material on it anywhere.  It’s odd because the Galati cases I have feel high quality compared to other cases I own.  The Midway case is the cheapest feeling case I own, it’s that 400d coated polyester material which is why it’s so flimsy.

The 16in Galati cases are $68 currently at Optics Planet with the 10% discount.  That’s where I got my Galati cases, all well under list price.

That WRB case looks nice.  Please post pics and or your opinion of it after receiving it.
View Quote

I got mine from optics planet too. I’ll post photos of mine. It looks similar but some sections have the plastic coating

I got OD
So maybe that color is not same material?
Mag pouch is black so I’ll look and see if different
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#12]
https://wrbsales.com/product/bt-mpxk-subgun-15-case/
View Quote

I’m gonna second the request for pictures and info on the WRB case. I’m considering the same and would appreciate hearing your thoughts.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I see the WRB guys set up at the gun shows around DFW metro. Their stuff looks real good and the guys at the booth are great guys
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a WRB for my full size.  Recommend.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got a WRB 15” sub gun case today for my SP5k. This is a very nice case. Great quality and my SP5k fits perfectly even with a 30 round magazine inserted. Very satisfied with my purchase.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SnidelyWhiplash:
Just got a WRB 15” sub gun case today for my SP5k. This is a very nice case. Great quality and my SP5k fits perfectly even with a 30 round magazine inserted. Very satisfied with my purchase.
View Quote

I'm a bag nerd. All velcro interiors or bust. WRB makes great bags for every size, I have a few. My go to's are LBX though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Wrb

https://wrbholsters.com/products/xn-18-19-cn0cxn-5-or-23-discreet-sub-gun-case-wfolder-114-0q50agaxn-95-129-un3d95-tax
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SnidelyWhiplash:
View Quote

Would you mind posting a photo?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Made link hot...

https://wrbholsters.com/products/xn-18-19-cn0cxn-5-or-23-discreet-sub-gun-case-wfolder-114-0q50agaxn-95-129-un3d95-tax

I've never heard of this manufacturer before, but I love that they are made here in the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top