Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2024 5:45:11 PM EDT
I already contacted dead air, and ECCO; they wont do it. I want to use xeno Primal on one can for 5.56, 7.62, and 45-70; without carrying those tools that scratch everything they touch around with me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:59:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottyPotty] [#1]
In for answers, I could use one/two in 11/16-24.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Has anyone come across the specs or drawing for the xeno?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you looking for something that threads into this

but has 11/16-24 Female threads, to mount onto muzzle threads?

Or, do you want the above to have 11/16-24 threads?

If you just want something that threads into the Xeno adapter, but with 11/16-24 female threads, buy a "Xeno Pistol Wee Brake", have a machinist drill and re-tap the threads, then cut-off the brake portion.
This should prove easier than having someone (especially a machinist) measure your adapter to make a part.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 4:10:38 AM EDT
[#4]
That’s a great idea
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 9:08:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottyPotty] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By User55645:
Are you looking for something that threads into this

https://i.ibb.co/10Sr4Xw/DA458-Xeno-Adapter-2.jpg

but has 11/16-24 Female threads, to mount onto muzzle threads?

Or, do you want the above to have 11/16-24 threads?

If you just want something that threads into the Xeno adapter, but with 11/16-24 female threads, buy a "Xeno Pistol Wee Brake", have a machinist drill and re-tap the threads, then cut-off the brake portion.
This should prove easier than having someone (especially a machinist) measure your adapter to make a part.
View Quote
Is there enough metal in the wee brake to support a 11/16 thread?

I guess I should buy on and find out.....
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScottyPotty:Is there enough metal in the wee brake to support a 11/16 thread?
View Quote

I'm going to assume (I know, I know, but I looked at some installed pics) the flats are at least .750 across. This should leave enough material for 11/16 threads.
Yes, may be ~1/32" at the root, but that's only at the apex tangent to the flat. A very small cross-section, when compared to the whole, and much torque isn't required to seat.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top