Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2024 10:26:49 AM EDT
Looking to buy a rabbit gun for riding the ranch roads and mounting a day/night scope on.

The CZ 457 Varmint pro looks pretty perfect being short and threaded.

whats the hives expereinces? for that price point is anything else comparable>

USA CZ firearms has them for 515$. any experience with them?

Is that seller reputable? Seems like a screaming deal.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:39:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#1]
10/22
Savage mk2
Tikka t1x
CZ (as you mention)

Tons of good choices…
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a Ruger (and Ruger mags) the Ruger American rimfire is a good choice too.  Having said that, I’d go Ruger 10/22 or even something like a smith and Wesson m&p 15/22 is a good choice
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
10/22 or 410. Or savage model 42
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
What the fuck?

A 16 gauge loaded with number 6 is the best rabbit gun you can have!

Find a browning or a Remington in 16 gauge and have a full or modified choke. Number 6 shot.

Rabbit killing machine for cheap. Unless I'm missing something, for which I'll promptly apologize for.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:06:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SecondAmend] [#5]
NVM
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DoubleTaps:
What the fuck?

Find a browning or a Remington in 16 gauge and have a full or modified choke. Number 6 shot.

Rabbit killing machine for cheap. Unless I'm missing something, for which I'll promptly apologize for.
View Quote

Good idea.

I guess I imagined a cheapish day/night scope with a .22 and a future can sounded super fun. Kinda hard.

Usually doing ranch road hunting from an open top truck and sitting in a field at night with night vision using a thermal to spot critters and having a .22 near to take any out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:
Looking to buy a rabbit gun for riding the ranch roads and mounting a day/night scope on.

The CZ 457 Varmint pro looks pretty perfect being short and threaded.

https://cz-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/457ProVarmintSuppressorReady-1.png

whats the hives expereinces? for that price point is anything else comparable>

USA CZ firearms has them for 515$. any experience with them?

Is that seller reputable? Seems like a screaming deal.
View Quote

I have that same gun. Its a tack driver. However, with a bipod and scope its a pig. I wouldnt want to carry it very far. For your uses, it would work well though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
how the fuck do i find one in stock thats not from a scammer website?
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThreadKiller] [#9]
I have a CZ 457 scout, and I love it. No regrets, it is one of my favorite firearms. So I am sure the varmint will be extremely nice as well, totally worth it at that price. That price may be too good in fact, there are a lot of fake gun dealer websites out there FYI, and they usually have names like "Winchester Firearms" or "Berretta Warehouse". Just do some research before purchasing anything from them.

Also be aware the mags can be a bit pricy particularly if you go for the old-school metal ones. You can also convert them to 22 Magnum or 17 HMR as well if you ever need more power or range.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 7:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yobro512] [#10]
Originally Posted By BroomSlayer:
I have a CZ 457 scout, and I love it. No regrets, it is one of my favorite firearms. So I am sure the varmint will be extremely nice as well, totally worth it at that price. That price may be too good in fact, there are a lot of fake gun dealer websites out there FYI, and they usually have names like "Winchester Firearms" or "Berretta Warehouse". Just do some research before purchasing anything from them.

Also be aware the mags can be a bit pricy particularly if you go for the old-school metal ones. You can also convert them to 22 Magnum or 17 HMR as well if you ever need more power or range.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/593326/20240311_202401_jpg-3161054.JPG
View Quote

ya the price was stupid good.
nobody has them.

The internet is awash with fake gun websites. be careful.

had to go with a CZ royal. 16" with a threaded barrel.

gonna be badass and lighter!
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#11]

nobody has them.

View Quote

You won't be disappointed! Only issue with the Royal as you probably already know, it has that Euro thread pitch instead of the 1/2x28 it's the 1/2x20. But you can always get adaptors and what not so no biggie. I considered the Royal for awhile but I opted for the scout because I wanted my kids to be able to shoot it well, plus it has irons. I think the scout is the near perfect survival 22 rifle and I've fired my share of them. But the Royal is refined, sexy, and just classy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#12]

You won't be disappointed! Only issue with the Royal as you probably already know, it has that Euro thread pitch instead of the 1/2x28 it's the 1/2x20. But you can always get adaptors and what not so no biggie. I considered the Royal for awhile but I opted for the scout because I wanted my kids to be able to shoot it well, plus it has irons. I think the scout is the near perfect survival 22 rifle and I've fired my share of them. But the Royal is refined, sexy, and just classy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

nobody has them.

Turns out. I didn’t think of the threading!! Doh.

But an adapter is like 25$.

No biggie.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#13]
What the fuck?

View Quote

How much does it cost every time you pull the trigger?

I acquired a lot of .22 on the cheap.

If, say, I’m driving around some ranch shooting jackrabbits in the headlights, I can go through a good bit of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#14]
What the fuck?

View Quote

You are definitely right for 16 gauge.

I just wanted a .22 rabbit gun. I should have been specific.

I wanted a cheap way to do precise hunting I guess.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:31:17 AM EDT
[#15]

You are definitely right for 16 gauge.

I just wanted a .22 rabbit gun. I should have been specific.

I wanted a cheap way to do precise hunting I guess.
View Quote

Rimfire > shotguns

I use a 10/22 for jacks. It’s fun.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Old bunny killer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top