Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2023 12:09:33 AM EDT
Figured I would post here, looking for an older mcbros or McMillan 50bmg actions, I actually have 2 brand new produced latest McMillan tac50 action kits all the latest upgrades) I am willing to trade my whole kit for your old receiver and bolt (one piece bolt knob).
I have a couple mk15 kits and would rather build them with older style actions without all the upgrades. If you have an older action that you would like to upgrade please let me know. Or something you would be willing to sell.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:11:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#1]
You should probably post a Want to Buy or Want to Trade ad in the Equipment Exchange here.

If you go to the Fifty Caliber Shooters Association web site and sign up, I bet you could work a trade pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#2]
What's the difference?

Is the older better, easier to build...?

Inquiring minds.

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Looking for an older action for mk15 mod 0 clone build
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 3:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
What upgrades were put into the newer receivers and around what year did those upgrades happen? I am in the process of obtaining a tac 50 built around 2008 time frame. I can't say I would be of any help to you, but I am still genuinely interested in knowing the design changes.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I understand the bolt and handle is now a 1 piece design, the bolt face / head is an updated design, the bolt has a removable knob, the receiver has additional rail mounting holes, the mag well of the receiver has a modular insert to go from the legacy design magazines or  the new design magazines, the front action screw is moved .200 to give the receiver more strength. That's all I can think of as of now
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 10:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve got a McBros Fisher (shell holder) action that I’ve been sitting on forever.

I’ll send you an IM.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this what you are after? This is a 1997 mcbros singleshot action.

What is the advantage of this over the new ones? I was toying with the idea to use it as a donor action for a 460Steyr. Would it be a good fit?

Tnks
Rod
Rifletalks
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top