Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2023 5:59:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usmcagg02]
What is everyone using for sights on rail mount M203(not barrel mount)?  I don't have a front sight post and definitely don't have space on top rail for leaf sight and buis.

I know there's the red dot quadrant mount that uses the screw holes on the barrel mount version, but nothing similar on the rail mount.

Edit because apparently I'm too stupid to figure out how to add a pic.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to buy this, but I don’t know where to find it

https://www.knightarmco.com/14273/shop/military/quadrant-optical-sight
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what you want

This is an exact copy. With a dummy optic, which is good because the real optic is garbage. Take the dummy off and add a holosun 507k or similar(407k) and you'll be way better off for a fraction of the price. You'll also have to go to the hardware store and spend a dollar on the correct screws.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
This is what you want

This is an exact copy. With a dummy optic, which is good because the real optic is garbage. Take the dummy off and add a holosun 507k or similar(407k) and you'll be way better off for a fraction of the price. You'll also have to go to the hardware store and spend a dollar on the correct screws.
View Quote

That won't work with the rail mount M203, only barrel mount.  Goes in the two holes right above the breach face.

Holes aren't there on rail mount variant.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By usmcagg02:

That won't work with the rail mount M203, only barrel mount.  Goes in the two holes right above the breach face.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHV_ZUNdoEkj0DMuMvM6KRXr7pVi0vZSAMIoZ81nALo97DXC6j16vGqggmqcG92nPPG7E&usqp=CAU

Holes aren't there on rail mount variant.
https://sadefensejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/m203_2.jpg
View Quote

Correct. Sorry about that. If you find a rail mount quadrant sight (LMT sells them IIRC), you can swap the parts around with the one I linked to make a rail mounted quadrant optical sight.

There is also the option of the meprolight optic that is usually available on gunbroker for a little less than $1k
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Correct. Sorry about that. If you find a rail mount quadrant sight (LMT sells them IIRC), you can swap the parts around with the one I linked to make a rail mounted quadrant optical sight.

There is also the option of the meprolight optic that is usually available on gunbroker for a little less than $1k
View Quote

Anyone have experience with the meprolight?  Is it a good aiming solution?  I am just not familiar with the brand.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
There's also the Matbock ARD . Needs a rail somewhere, though - top or side.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 6:50:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SGT-Fish] [#7]
I have a Knights quadrant optical sight incoming. It's used, and a side rail mount. Email me if you are interested [email protected]

It includes the factory red dot from KAC, but you can always swap that later on.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Knights quadrant optical sight incoming. It's used, and a side rail mount. Email me if you are interested [email protected]

It includes the factory red dot from KAC, but you can always swap that later on.
View Quote

email inbound
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#9]
This is what you want

View Quote
@SGT-Fish can you tell us what the correct thread pitch and screw length is for this side-mounted KAC quadrant sight to adapt to an LMT receiver mount M203 please?

I found a thread here asking the same question of what the LMT mounting hole thread pitch is but like most discussions here it devolved into some tangential nonsense and the question was never answered.

I've got this KAC quadrant clone all ready to mount.  Just need your expertise here.  Maybe I'll ask over on the 'Bus if I can't contact you here.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PvtCowboy:
@SGT-Fish can you tell us what the correct thread pitch and screw length is for this side-mounted KAC quadrant sight to adapt to an LMT receiver mount M203 please?

I found a thread here asking the same question of what the LMT mounting hole thread pitch is but like most discussions here it devolved into some tangential nonsense and the question was never answered.

I've got this KAC quadrant clone all ready to mount.  Just need your expertise here.  Maybe I'll ask over on the 'Bus if I can't contact you here.
View Quote

I'll try to check mine tonight. It was a pretty common/standard size, easily found at ace hardware.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PvtCowboy:

View Quote

It's a #10x24 screw. 1/2" Long may be the right length, if not just file it down a little and it'll work.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 3:26:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice! Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top