Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2023 10:35:06 AM EDT
Anyone have any leads or can 3d print the cover?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Which type?  The longer A5 through A11 with the rubber "hockey puck" attached to muzzle cap?

Or 2nd type A1-A3 with the shorter cotton sling and plain aluminum muzzle cap?
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 5:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Stoner thanks for the reply this law I just bought.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/WTS-M72-LAWS-rocket-launcher-tube-320-shipped/170-2389586/

Whichever is most correct

Thanks,
Max
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Stoner any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 6:07:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner63a] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By maxell27:
Stoner thanks for the reply this law I just bought.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/WTS-M72-LAWS-rocket-launcher-tube-320-shipped/170-2389586/

Whichever is most correct

Thanks,
Max
View Quote
That's the 2nd type M72 LAW, A1 through A3 series.     I have the later longer strap/hockey puck cap assembly for the A5 through A12 I believe Talley is up to.  

Its the muzzle cap that is the difficult part.   I just got a 20ton shop press this week, retrofitted with an pneumatic hydraulic 20 ton bottle jacket (work smarter not harder).  I had the idea for a primative die, using a local CAD/CNC laser/flojet/plasma cutter to  cut the outside dimensions of the cap through a piece of 1/2" or 3/8" steel plate, then using the inside cut piece as the male part of the die to push aluminum sheet into the female socket die.  Weld 2 "horns" on the male inside cut piece to push the two loops for the piano wire cap retainer through the aluminum blank, even if you have to laser cut two slots for each loop into the blanks.   I just not sure if the demand is there yet, I can't CAD.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
This is an M72A5 thru M72A12 I-LAW Improved Light Anti-Tank Weapon front cap assembly, disassembed:
Attachment Attached File

Its the same pressed aluminum muzzle cap with 2 holes drilled for semi-hollow rivets that attach the milled out hockey puck to the aluminum cap

The cap shape is mostly round, with 2 short flats on at about 4 and 8 o'clock positions for the wire loop that attaches the cap to the sling assembly.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Stoner thanks for the information.  

Is there anyway I could procure one for my law?

Just really want a cover and sling.

Thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top