Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

MAC 2 and MAC 1014 (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/17/2023 12:32:36 AM EDT
OK... in the market for a cheap blaster and these two appear to get great results.

I see the MAC 2 is recoil operated whereas the MAC 1014 is gas operated right? That means the 1014 would be less reliable with light loads such as bird shot correct? Seems the MAC 2 cycles most bird shot loads in the 1 1/8oz range from what I've read... I've got a TON of that kind of ammo thus the desire for a cheaper blasting shotgun for range fun running drills, etc. I've got a Rem 11-87 Police that generally cycles 1 1/8oz bird loads but I'd rather not just use it as a blaster.  

Both the MAC's can be outfitted easily with an extended magazine tube to increase the factory 5-1 to 7-1, if I'm looking at it correctly.

Both have a rail as I'd like to mount some type of RDS.

So... is the MAC 1014 out based on wanting to shoot mostly bird loads? Any big difference in the two other than that? Prices seem very close.

Was getting ready to go the Mossberg 930 route as my brother has one and it eats everything BUT these MAC's can be had a for a lot less money. That plus the Moss is really light and kicks pretty good with slugs and BS.

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 9:25:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BPR] [#1]
I replied to your PM, but thought I'd post the same here in case it helps someone else-

I prefer Benelli inertia guns because they're so simple.  Very few parts.  I have a couple of Benelli M1s and they've ran great with all loads I've tried- I got this MAC 2 because I liked the walnut so much.  

It looks like the Mac 2 weighs about 1.5 pounds less than the 1014, which means it will recoil more, plus the inertia system doesn't soak up any recoil like the gas guns.  But, I don't find it to be harsh.  The 1014 operating system has a reputation for not cycling low recoil loads well, but I have a friend that got one of the MAC 1014 right before i got my Mac2, and he's shot a few hundred rounds of 1 1/8 and it ate them all.  I don't know that you can go wrong with either.  

To add- I've seen so many Mossbergs that won't run, I'd not buy any of their auto loaders.  Another big benefit of the MAC guns over many other 18.5" shotguns is they are threaded for chokes.  (And come with Cyl, Modified, and Full.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 1014, after a 125 round break-in, it has been 100 percent with 1 once bird shot.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By R0N:
I have the 1014, after a 125 round break-in, it has been 100 percent with 1 once bird shot.
View Quote

I saw a video that said the same... thanks for the post.

Actually I might just get both as the prices are insanely low for what they appear to offer.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered the MAC 1014 and it was $374 shipped with insurance and tax. I'll update this once I get it and run some light loads through it.

If all goes well, I'll probably go back and order the MAC 2 just to have, at that price, why not?

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have first-hand experience/can confirm fit of a full-length magazine tube on a MAC 1014 (gas)?  Benelli or another brand? The wood model is calling my name.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By slack_out:
Anyone have first-hand experience/can confirm fit of a full-length magazine tube on a MAC 1014 (gas)?  Benelli or another brand? The wood model is calling my name.
View Quote

So far even Benelli, and aftermarket part I have tried on my 1014 has fit.

I think company claims 99 percent compatibility, and said the claimed that because somewhere out there, there would be an aftermarket part that did not fit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#7]
So far with close to 100 rounds no complaints.

100% with 00B and slugs as expected. 100% with Federal TOP GUN 1 1/8oz. #7 1/2 loads. Surprisingly 100% with some Win 1 oz. 7 1/2 loads. Did not expect that.

85ish % with various bilk packed Win 7 1/2 1 1/8oz. Target Loads. Once I get another 100 rounds through it I believe it will cycle most 1 1/8 oz. Target loads.

I put the MOD choke in it and will try the FULL choke to see if it helps with the lower powered loads.

Absolutely pleased with the purchase.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep us updated as you get more rounds on it.  If these MAC shotguns prove to be long-term reliable they're a sleeper bargain in the gun world.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BPR:
Keep us updated as you get more rounds on it.  If these MAC shotguns prove to be long-term reliable they're a sleeper bargain in the gun world.
View Quote

TFB should be doing a burndown review soon I hope.  They have not been kind to the other Turkish shotguns so I want to see there results on the MAC1014.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:40:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhntr6pt] [#10]
More rounds fired,
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Black Friday special
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 0351:

TFB should be doing a burndown review soon I hope.  They have not been kind to the other Turkish shotguns so I want to see there results on the MAC1014.
View Quote

That’s kind what I was waiting to see before I seriously consider one of the MAC1014 wood stocked models.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 5:05:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bowhntr6pt] [#13]
Checked to face of the pistons after about 100 rounds... looking perfect.

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#14]
What brand magazine extension did you use?
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Gray:
What brand magazine extension did you use?
View Quote

SDS Imports
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:02:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#16]
Here's a burn-down video of the 1014 with fitted with aftermarket furniture.

Military Armament Corp...MAC 1014 Burndown...250 Rounds in 1 Hour

I have no reason to believe the polymer-furniture is different in any way from the wood-furniture model except for just the furniture.

The gun in the video had several modifications, including addition of a magazine EXTENSION.

There was one failure during the burn-down at 7:46 in the video, and that happened when the magazine follower got hung-up in the magazine tube. The guy in the video said he had 600 rounds through the gun before the burn-down test, and that he had NEVER CLEANED THE MAGAZINE TUBE. He asserted that the failure was due to fouling in the magazine tube.

Attachment Attached File

However, when they took the barrel off to inspect the magazine tube, the skinny aftermarket spring came out looking like a string of forgotten weave on the disco floor. I guess they cleaned the tube, and stuck the kinky aftermarket spring back in the gun.

If you're gonna use an aftermarket extension, maybe consider getting the "thick" spring that this vendor sells. Unless you're into the disco-floor-weave thing.
The vendor claims its an OEM Benelli part.

https://www.benelliparts.net/products/benelli-m4-7rd-magazine-spring-new-thick-gauge?_pos=1&_psq=M4+spring&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I guess I'm on board with this "too good a deal to pass up" affliction too as of today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:
Here's a burn-down video of the 1014 with fitted with aftermarket furniture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srJdIsOtPO4

I have no reason to believe the polymer-furniture is different in any way from the wood-furniture model except for just the furniture.

The gun in the video had several modifications, including addition of a magazine EXTENSION.

There was one failure during the burn-down at 7:46 in the video, and that happened when the magazine follower got hung-up in the magazine tube. The guy in the video said he had 600 rounds through the gun before the burn-down test, and that he had NEVER CLEANED THE MAGAZINE TUBE. He asserted that the failure was due to fouling in the magazine tube.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/Untitled_jpg-3120789.JPG

However, when they took the barrel off to inspect the magazine tube, the skinny aftermarket spring came out looking like a string of forgotten weave on the disco floor. I guess they cleaned the tube, and stuck the kinky aftermarket spring back in the gun.

If you're gonna use an aftermarket extension, maybe consider getting the "thick" spring that this vendor sells. Unless you're into the disco-floor-weave thing.
The vendor claims its an OEM Benelli part.

https://www.benelliparts.net/products/benelli-m4-7rd-magazine-spring-new-thick-gauge?_pos=1&_psq=M4+spring&_ss=e&_v=1.0

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/Untitled_jpg-3120784.JPG
View Quote

I’ve read a few claims about how the M2 is more reliable due to the M4’s gas system being dirty. Does the M4 actually vent into the magazine tube?

Stuck debating the M2 or 1014.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 1:28:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like it vents into the handguard.

https://www.benelliusa.com/resources/argo

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 1:33:30 AM EDT
[#20]
How a Benelli M4 Shotgun Works | World of Guns | Operation and Field Strip
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone know the Mac 1014 LOP with wood, including the recoil pad? Looks like 13" based on the pics.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I guess I'm on board with this "too good a deal to pass up" affliction too as of today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/SDS_1014_-_Gunbroker_jpg-3120791.JPG
View Quote

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/723551444344

$361 from Gunzone.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sgtlmj:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/723551444344

$361 from Gunzone.
View Quote

Thanks for the link.

Looks like they get $39.95 for shipping.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:03:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#24]
TheGunDockZone only getting $15 for shipping

And a 1% “compliance fee.”
Whatever the fuck THAT is.

No insurance offered. But I paid with credit card, so no-delivery, no pay.

Hopefully they don’t drag it behind the truck all the way from Louisiana to Virginia.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#26]
TheGunDockZone only getting $15 for shipping

And a 1% “compliance fee.”
Whatever the fuck THAT is.

No insurance offered. But I paid with credit card, so no-delivery, no pay.

Hopefully they don’t drag it behind the truck all the way from Louisiana to Virginia.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/IMG_2095_jpeg-3121096.JPG
View Quote

ALWAYS check on gun.deals for online stuff. There are dealers on there, like Family Firearms, that don't charge CC or state tax. Just have to look around a bit. I've been done with GunBroker for a while. Their fees are getting worse all the time.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Buy wood model for $325
Sell Wood for $200
???
Profit?

Basically you can buy 2 shotguns, strip one for spare parts, sell the wood from one and come out ahead.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#28]
MAC is now selling Wood furniture sets
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By R0N:
MAC is now selling Wood furniture sets
View Quote

Good price.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Awe man I'm tempted now
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#31]
$349.00 classic firearms. This morning.  Fomo is strong with this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#32]
I got mine for about $344 delivered from Dahlonega Armory.  It runs great so far (50 rds of #4 waterfowl shot)  No unusual wear on any internal components I could see after shooting.  

The fake-collapsible stock assembly is totally unlike the Benelli M4 stock, and the recoil tube underneath is smooth, no notches.  It looks like it was originally designed to be functional, but they didn't make any additional holes and riveted the stock in place so it couldn't be moved from the fully extended position.  The cross-section of the stock tube that goes over the recoil tube looks very similar to an AR-15 lower receiver extension.  It might take a factory Benelli recoil tube assembly and stock, but the prices on those would be over $800... at some point it makes more sense to buy a real M4

The stock feels a little long so I am going to put on a mesa tactical stock, a +2 extension, dot sight, and have fun blasting.  I doubt I wear it out, it seems pretty solid.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Daughter gave me one for Christmas. Wood stock model,I added a +2 extension
Put 125 rounds of #4 1380 fps through it . Same as above no noticeable wear on internals. After that i shot a box of Winchester white box #8, some buck, and slugs, all with no problemsAttachment Attached File

This pic was right out of the box
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#34]
You guys are KILLING me here.

The local shop has these at $379.99. I'm mighty tempted.

Has anyone seen any negative reviews of these yet? So far, it seems everything here has been extremely positive.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By tep0583:
You guys are KILLING me here.

The local shop has these at $379.99. I'm mighty tempted.

Has anyone seen any negative reviews of these yet? So far, it seems everything here has been extremely positive.
View Quote

These are one of those deals you will wish you took advantage of.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

These are one of those deals you will wish you took advantage of.
View Quote

Yeah, starting to look like it.

Unforturnately, I'm coming across a LOT of great deals lately. Going to have to make some decisions on which ones I take advantage of.

I know some places have these for less, but $380 isn't more than $20-30 more than I'd pay to have one shipped into an FFL and I'd get it immediately.

Honestly, I think I'd get the wood version and the only mod I'd make to it is the extended tube.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:26:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#37]
I got mines.

I’m probably too old, crippled, and indigent to be messing with these things.

But the wood version seemed especially appealing. I do like the way the laser-cut “texturing” on the wood  looks and feels. First gun I ever had with that effect.

Folks that got the plastics said they didn’t like the plastic much. I guess if you want a look that mimics the plastic Benelli, you get the Plasti-MAC. I think people who own the “real Benneli” buy upgraded plastics.

The MAC wood version looks and feels robust. The forearm wood is rather thin. Easy to disassemble. But the metal support-flanges that you have to slide to hold the wood are very tight. So be especially careful when re-assembling. If you start beating on the metal flanges, and the two halves of the forearm aren’t lined up correctly, you’ll be beating the sharp edge of the flange against the thin edge of the forearm. Won’t take much of that to SPLIT the wood. So pay fucking attention when re-assembling.

I used a wooden clothespin leg as a drive-punch, and a 2# hammer to tap the flanges of mine back into place during re-assembly. I suspect the metal flanges will move more easily with repeated disassembly/reassembly.

I highly recommend keeping a thin film of oil on the guts of the gas system when the gun is stored. I’m not convinced that the parts of the gas system are immune to rust. Which means you gotta remove the handguards as a maintenance element any time the gun is fired. And before anyone lectures on “NEVER LUBRICATE THE GAS SYSTEM!!!” —- yes, I know that. But if it CAN rust, it WILL rust, if you don’t apply rust-preventative to susceptible surfaces during storage. If you live in a humid environment, and you’ve ever encountered a rusted gas system, you know what I’m saying. Don’t be the retard that lets that happen! I recommend a generous coat of something like Break-Free CLP, then use your canned air to blow off any excess. Just a film to guard against rust.

For little money as firearms go, it’s a sharp looking piece.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:50:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I got mines.

I'm probably too old, crippled, and indigent to be messing with these things.

But the wood version seemed especially appealing. I do like the way the laser-cut "texturing" on the wood  looks and feels. First gun I ever had with that effect.

Folks that got the plastics said they didn't like the plastic much. I guess if you want a look that mimics the plastic Benelli, you get the Plasti-MAC. I think people who own the "real Benneli" buy upgraded plastics.

The MAC wood version looks and feels robust. The forearm wood is rather thin. Easy to disassemble. But the metal support-flanges that you have to slide to hold the wood are very tight. So be especially careful when re-assembling. If you start beating on the metal flanges, and the two halves of the forearm aren't lined up correctly, you'll be beating the sharp edge of the flange against the thin edge of the forearm. Won't take much of that to SPLIT the wood. So pay fucking attention when re-assembling.

I used a wooden clothespin leg as a drive-punch, and a 2# hammer to tap the flanges of mine back into place during re-assembly. I suspect the metal flanges will move more easily with repeated disassembly/reassembly.

I highly recommend keeping a thin film of oil on the guts of the gas system when the gun is stored. I'm not convinced that the parts of the gas system are immune to rust. Which means you gotta remove the handguards as a maintenance element any time the gun is fired. And before anyone lectures on "NEVER LUBRICATE THE GAS SYSTEM!!!"  - yes, I know that. But if it CAN rust, it WILL rust, if you don't apply rust-preventative to susceptible surfaces during storage. If you live in a humid environment, and you've ever encountered a rusted gas system, you know what I'm saying. Don't be the retard that lets that happen! I recommend a generous coat of something like Break-Free CLP, then use your canned air to blow off any excess. Just a film to guard against rust.

For little money as firearms go, it's a sharp looking piece.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/MAC_1014_-_right_side_jpeg-3134216.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/MAC_1014_-_left_side_jpeg-3134217.JPG
View Quote
What's the length of pull for this wood version?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Anyone know the Mac 1014 LOP with wood, including the recoil pad? Looks like 13" based on the pics.

I posted the same question awhile back, I guess everyone's too busy stroking the wood to break out a tape measure.

I gewgled it. Only thing I found was 13.8".
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#40]

I posted the same question awhile back, I guess everyone's too busy stroking the wood to break out a tape measure.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hopefully someone can measure.

That would be at least a little shorter than the M4s 14.25"
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#41]
I’m getting about 14 1/8

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for that. It looks to be basically the same as the Benelli M4 then.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:08:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#43]
If anybody knows where there is a web link to download the manual as a PDF or view it in a web browser, please share.

I looked and didn't find anything in my cursory search.

I usually lose the printed manual as soon as it comes in the house. So if I have some spare time, I scan the paper manual before I lose it.

Here's a jpeg bomb. Hope it doesn't make anybody mad.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:08:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:09:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:09:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:50:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#49]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for that. It looks to be basically the same as the Benelli M4 then.
View Quote

Does anyone know if there is a way to shorten the wood stock without interfering with the bolt recoil system?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
MAC 2 and MAC 1014 (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top