Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

MAC 2 and MAC 1014 (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Picked up a mac m2 yesterday, loved the look of the wood. $400 out the door at the lgs.

For comparison I have a benelli m2 with well over 10k rounds and a 1301 that I've shot for the last 3 or 4 years in 3 gun.

Took the mac apart to clean it up and was impressed with the quality of fit, finish and machining. Side by side with my benneli nothing stood out as sub par.

Test fired it this morning... Low recoil Remington le slugs, federal true ball slugs, federal generic 00 buckshot, federal bulk pack 7.5 bird shot and a box of federal 1 oz 8 shot. Everything ran without a hitch. Very impressed.. Both the benelli m2 and 1301 took a little breakin to be reliable. O.. And it runs fast, gamer types should love it. It also uses the older benelli action that allows you to push down on the shell when  loading to close the bolt without needing  to push the action button.  just push down, get your thumb out of the way and the action will close similar to loading a garand.

Pro tip... Spray dry lube is by far the best thing I've found to keep auto shotties running, works in all temps and doesn't gum up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sdc360:
Picked up a mac m2 yesterday, loved the look of the wood. $400 out the door at the lgs.

For comparison I have a benelli m2 with well over 10k rounds and a 1301 that I've shot for the last 3 or 4 years in 3 gun.

Took the mac apart to clean it up and was impressed with the quality of fit, finish and machining. Side by side with my benneli nothing stood out as sub par.

Test fired it this morning... Low recoil Remington le slugs, federal true ball slugs, federal generic 00 buckshot, federal bulk pack 7.5 bird shot and a box of federal 1 oz 8 shot. Everything ran without a hitch. Very impressed.. Both the benelli m2 and 1301 took a little breakin to be reliable. O.. And it runs fast, gamer types should love it. It also uses the older benelli action that allows you to push down on the shell when  loading to close the bolt without needing  to push the action button.  just push down, get your thumb out of the way and the action will close similar to loading a garand.

Pro tip... Spray dry lube is by far the best thing I've found to keep auto shotties running, works in all temps and doesn't gum up.
View Quote

NICE!!

I just ordered another MAC 1014, this time the Marine finish, they must be on sale at BattleHawk Armory as the price was reduced to $332 when I added the SG to my cart. Total with shipping and tax was $382.

Simply can't beat these deals eight now on a range toy/HD shotgun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a synthetic field stock? I really like the look with the wood but I want a beater to live on the front of the four wheeler for hogs. Not a fan of pistol grips on shotguns
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:34:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#4]
Took the 1014 to the range yesterday.

The first two shots fired grouped as well as could be expected. But way left - OFF THE WHITE PAPER.

I made a heroic adjustment to the right, and fired one more shot. Still way left. So I cranked the sight right to its mechanical limit. That’s the shot that *almost* got on paper.

Attachment Attached File

This is the mechanical limit for windage adjustment.

Attachment Attached File

I did some calculations and I determined that if I run the front sight all the way left to its mechanical windage limit...

Attachment Attached File

And I put the rear sight here, that should bring point of impact to close to center.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot with the gun resting on an ammo can, and a strong grip on the stock and forearm.

The full-blasto WINCHESTER functioned with gusto. Slung the empties a good ways.

The Mexican RIO buckshot did almost the same. Maybe a wee bit less. Hard to say.

The Mexican RIO birdshot load cycled correctly, but empties kind of dribbled out. I fired a full magazine with 100% function.

I didn’t put any magic motion-lotion on the gun, or polish anything. It had lots of oil on it out of the box. I actually wiped some off.

I would bet that the birdshot loads might have not cycled if I’d shot it offhand with a fifi grip.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 5:39:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By W_E_G:
I shot with the gun resting on an ammo can, and a strong grip on the stock and forearm.

The full-blasto WINCHESTER functioned with gusto. Slung the empties a good ways.

The Mexican RIO buckshot did almost the same. Maybe a wee bit less. Hard to say.

The Mexican RIO birdshot load cycled correctly, but empties kind of dribbled out. I fired a full magazine with 100% function.

I didn’t put any magic motion-lotion on the gun, or polish anything. It had lots of oil on it out of the box. I actually wiped some off.

I would bet that the birdshot loads might have not cycled if I’d shot it offhand with a fifi grip.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/IMG_2412_jpeg-3144523.JPG
View Quote

I've found the true target loads that are sub-1200 FPS are iffy wgereas the target/game or game loads at 1200 and above work great.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up my second MAC 1014, the Marine finish, looks great.

Also have some parts ordered to make them 922(r) compliant.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:09:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#9]
Looks like the same basic gun.

Cocking handle, take-down pin, rear sight look same as my 1014.

Disassembly video shows parts that look identical.

Orthos Raider S4 Disassembly ans Assembly
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:
How is this different from what MAC and a few others are selling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epv4ngXm6vg
View Quote

I’m really skeptical about that gun. The media company behind most of the gun tubers has been pushing that gun around for a few months now. It has been on GT, Micas channel, I think Demo Ranch messed with it and others. It reminds me of when they were pushing Caniks and Olights really hard a few years ago. It seems they are getting some sort of kick back to push them. At $1,600 I’m not seeing a reason to buy a Turkish clone over the real deal. The MAC is cheap enough it’s worth taking the risk on getting a lemon. However, MAC and SDS who is importing them are pretty good when it comes to QC so if I were going to buy an M4 clone it would be from them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MK318:

I’m really skeptical about that gun. The media company behind most of the gun tubers has been pushing that gun around for a few months now. It has been on GT, Micas channel, I think Demo Ranch messed with it and others. It reminds me of when they were pushing Caniks and Olights really hard a few years ago. It seems they are getting some sort of kick back to push them. At $1,600 I’m not seeing a reason to buy a Turkish clone over the real deal. The MAC is cheap enough it’s worth taking the risk on getting a lemon. However, MAC and SDS who is importing them are pretty good when it comes to QC so if I were going to buy an M4 clone it would be from them.
View Quote

Agree... take a basic out of the box MAC, add a Mesa forearm (1st 922(r) part) and side saddle, a US made hammer (2nd 922(r) part) and shell follower (3rd 922(r) part), a mag ext. from SDS, slap some krylon on it... go have fun and spend the rest on ammo.

Those are the parts I'm dressing up my two MAC's with.

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]
How is this different from what MAC and a few others are selling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epv4ngXm6vg
View Quote

IIRC Raider S4 is just the Aksa S4 black aces/SDS Imported. But with a bunch of add ons.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys are costing me. Already have a Panzer M4, an AKSA S4, and a Charles Daley 601DPS but the wood stock is calling me. Just ordered from Dahlonega Armory for $371 shipped. Looking forward to breaking in another one!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Dave's Metal Works M4 two-round extension should fit the MAC 1014 right? SDS has been out of stock for a couple of weeks. I saw review saying the spring that came with one of the aftermarket extensions wasn't awesome either. If the Dave's tube fits any opinions on the spring?
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By METT-T:
Dave's Metal Works M4 two-round extension should fit the MAC 1014 right? SDS has been out of stock for a couple of weeks. I saw review saying the spring that came with one of the aftermarket extensions wasn't awesome either. If the Dave's tube fits any opinions on the spring?
View Quote

I do not think so. Buy his 7 round replacement tube.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#17]
How does your 1014 handle those target loads in the photo?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BT2SS:
How does your 1014 handle those target loads in the photo?
View Quote

@BT2SS

If you're asking me... any "low-brass" load I've tried that's advertised as 1200+ FPS has worked. Anything with "game load" has worked.

Wal-Mart sells two different 100-round bulk packs, one is marked UNIVERSAL and the other is SUPER TARGET I think... the UNIVERSAL works, the other one does not.

Here are some results I posted on a different thread... see page 49...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Benelli-M4-Clones--Any-Comparisons-or-Reviews/1-520113/?page=49
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:44:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#19]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

@BT2SS

If you're asking me... any "low-brass" load I've tried that's advertised as 1200+ FPS has worked. Anything with "game load" has worked.

Wal-Mart sells two different 100-round bulk packs, one is marked UNIVERSAL and the other is SUPER TARGET I think... the UNIVERSAL works, the other one does not.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Benelli-M4-Clones--Any-Comparisons-or-Reviews/1-520113/?page=49
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

3 dram

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:44:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#20]

@BT2SS

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

2 3/4 dram

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody think about doing the SBS thing to one of these? I mean a 14" MAC 2 would be pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 5:33:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#22]
Mag extension back in stock at SDS

https://sdsimports.com/mac-1014-magazine-extension/

You may have to remove the extension to remove the barrel.

Some extensions are more "streamlined," and allow removal of the barrel without removing the extension.

Includes the spring.

If anyone gets one, I'd be interested to know whether the spring they furnish with the extension is different from the one that comes with the gun in original configuration.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Mag extension back in stock at SDS

https://sdsimports.com/mac-1014-magazine-extension/

You may have to remove the extension to remove the barrel.

Some extensions are more "streamlined," and allow removal of the barrel without removing the extension.

Includes the spring.

If anyone gets one, I'd be interested to know whether the spring they furnish with the extension is different from the one that comes with the gun in original configuration.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/MAC_80041050_1__29788_jpg-3162964.JPG
View Quote

Ordered mine.

Installed a Mesa Tactical Truckee forend and side saddle.

Once the second extension arrives I’m doing the same to my marine finish MAC.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#24]
So, went to install the scalarworks sync mount, and the provided screws are a different thread pattern than the pic mount screws and different from the tapped holes in the receiver.

Does anyone know the thread pitch of the tapped receiver holes for the pic rail?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#26]

What, other than price, does the MAC extension offer over the replacement tube from Dave’s Metal Works ?
View Quote

I suppose nothing... the looks of an extension matters not to me. I just wanted seven rounds as cheap as possible.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:41:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Thread gauge says 36tpi, seems to be #8.   Screws aren’t easy to find, waiting on delivery.  Will confirm once received.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.  The +2 extension worked just fine with the factory 5 and with the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#30]

What, other than price, does the MAC extension offer over the replacement tube from Dave’s Metal Works ?
View Quote

It is easier to break the shotgun down for cleaning with the one-piece tube. The extension adds one more step to the process. That is the only difference other than aesthetics.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Rail screws are not #8-36. I am at a loss as to what they are.  I took the stock pic screws, chucked them in a drill and filed the underside of the head to make a flat screw.  It works for my needs. And cost is free.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jhoule:
Rail screws are not #8-36. I am at a loss as to what they are.  I took the stock pic screws, chucked them in a drill and filed the underside of the head to make a flat screw.  It works for my needs. And cost is free.
View Quote

I’d wager they’re a metric screw close to an 8-36
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#33]
4mmx1?

Those look suspiciously close to a #8
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I have some m4-.7 coming tonight.  I will try those and let everyone know.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 5:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#35]
How is the MAC 1014 running for you guys?  So far it looks like the MAC 1014 is one of better m4 clones.

My main concerns would be reliability and durability.  It’s real tempting at it’s price point…
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
How is the MAC 1014 running for you guys?  So far it looks like the MAC 1014 is one of better m4 clones.

My main concerns would be reliability and durability.  It’s real tempting at it’s price point…
View Quote

Several hundred rounds through the two I bought (less than $375 each)... ZERO wear on the piston rod face or the bolt. That was apparently problematic with other brands.

In my experience, the SG's will run and cycle anything 1200FPS+ such as the low-brass "Game Loads". The lighter sub 1200 FPS Target loads are 80-90%.

I balked for a long time but after seeing HR Funk's review, I bought one... liked it so much I bought a second one.

I've already swapped out the hammer with a US made one and added the Mesa Forearm along with the Mess 6-shot side saddle. Just need to add the shell follower to US and I'm 100% 922(r) compliant.

Accuracy on both is excellent with slugs at 50 yards.

Might paint the extension silver to match...

Going to add MS1 slings and a light and call it good. One has a DPP the other I'll leave irons for now.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Several hundred rounds through the two I bought (less than $375 each)... ZERO wear on the piston rod face or the bolt. That was apparently problematic with other brands.

In my experience, the SG's will run and cycle anything 1200FPS+ such as the low-brass "Game Loads". The lighter sub 1200 FPS Target loads are 80-90%.

I balked for a long time but after seeing HR Funk's review, I bought one... liked it so much I bought a second one.

I've already swapped out the hammer with a US made one and added the Mesa Forearm along with the Mess 6-shot side saddle. Just need to add the shell follower to US and I'm 100% 922(r) compliant.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q70/923/CwpG27.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q70/924/D82eEX.jpg

Accuracy on both is excellent with slugs at 50 yards.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q70/923/NWZ49P.jpg

Might paint the extension silver to match...

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q70/923/rnaFLV.jpg

Going to add MS1 slings and a light and call it good. One has a DPP the other I'll leave irons for now.

View Quote

Nice!  It’s good to know they are running well.  So tempted…
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Yup. M4x.7 screws is what it was.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm glad to hear that some are running well. Turkey is capable of producing exceptional quality guns as long as the right importer holds their feet to the fire. Max has certainly done that it seems.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#40]
It would also appear that the carrier latch on the clone m2 is not the same as a benelli m2. It seems to more closely resemble a modified stoeger m3k latch. Something to be aware of when trying to add extended aftermarket oversized release buttons.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:47:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#41]
Here's a burn-down video of the 1014 with fitted with aftermarket furniture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srJdIsOtPO4

I have no reason to believe the polymer-furniture is different in any way from the wood-furniture model except for just the furniture.

The gun in the video had several modifications, including addition of a magazine EXTENSION.

There was one failure during the burn-down at 7:46 in the video, and that happened when the magazine follower got hung-up in the magazine tube. The guy in the video said he had 600 rounds through the gun before the burn-down test, and that he had NEVER CLEANED THE MAGAZINE TUBE. He asserted that the failure was due to fouling in the magazine tube.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/Untitled_jpg-3120789.JPG

However, when they took the barrel off to inspect the magazine tube, the skinny aftermarket spring came out looking like a string of forgotten weave on the disco floor. I guess they cleaned the tube, and stuck the kinky aftermarket spring back in the gun.

If you're gonna use an aftermarket extension, maybe consider getting the "thick" spring that this vendor sells. Unless you're into the disco-floor-weave thing.
The vendor claims its an OEM Benelli part.

https://www.benelliparts.net/products/benelli-m4-7rd-magazine-spring-new-thick-gauge?_pos=1&_psq=M4+spring&_ss=e&_v=1.0

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105614/Untitled_jpg-3120784.JPG
View Quote

How about the WOLFF Xtra power spring for a quarter the price?  Interestingly enough, WOLFF says one length magazine spring for both 5 shot and 7 shot benelli mag tubes.  Does benelli use the same length spring for both as well?

For those who have both the MAC 1014 and the Benelli M4, what differences do you notice between the two of them?  Do you find the benell cycles lower power shells more reliably, or other types of shells that the MAC won't?  Do you find the Benelli recoil action smoother / less recoil than the MAC?  What ARE the major differences you do notice between the two?  What parts on the MAC would you say are worth swapping to actual benelli, or other aftermarket parts, and why?  I read an article on the MAC 1014 where he author had the turkish hand guard crack on him.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Blain:

How about the WOLFF Xtra power spring for a quarter the price?  Interestingly enough, WOLFF says one length magazine spring for both 5 shot and 7 shot benelli mag tubes.  Does benelli use the same length spring for both as well?

For those who have both the MAC 1014 and the Benelli M4, what differences do you notice between the two of them?  Do you find the benell cycles lower power shells more reliably, or other types of shells that the MAC won't?  Do you find the Benelli recoil action smoother / less recoil than the MAC?  What ARE the major differences you do notice between the two?  What parts on the MAC would you say are worth swapping to actual benelli, or other aftermarket parts, and why?  I read an article on the MAC 1014 where he author had the turkish hand guard crack on him.
View Quote

The WOLFF spring is kind of hard to get in and reduced my capacity by 1 round.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By R0N:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blain:

Keep it loaded with the 6 shells, and it will compress some after time and allow you to put in the 7th.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm pretty sure the vendors selling reduced-capacity tubes are using the same spring as they put in the full-capacity tubes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#46]
MAC is now selling Wood furniture sets
View Quote

Does anyone know whether they've sold the MAC 2 walnut furniture sets previously? I see they now have the synthetic ones, but not wood.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#47]
There is a benelli set on eBay right now for $100ish.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I was picking up some stuff off the "workshop" floor tonight, and I came across the accessories pack that came with the MAC 1014.

In the nifty plastic box containing two additional choke tubes, I also found a little meth-rock baggie that contains the SIGHT ADJUSTMENT TOOLS. Wish I had noticed it before I operated the nut on the front sight with needle-nose vise-grips.

45 ACP case in the pic for scale.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:47:09 AM EDT
[#49]
I don't know when the 1014s are going to be back in stock, so I went ahead and ordered the MAC 2.
Since it's inertia instead of gas, I know it will recoil more, but is there any way to mitigate the recoil as much as possible? (in before "don't be a wuss)

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:32:54 AM EDT
[#50]
You can swap the stock for a benelli comfort tech 2 stock if you can find one.

Also the technique in the link below

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/06/24/shoot-shotgun-faster-symtac-consulting/
Page / 3
MAC 2 and MAC 1014 (Page 2 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top