Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 5:15:20 PM EDT
wondering if anyone tried one of these?

I currently have two PVS-14s with a panobridge - it's a really well made bridge but I am using it as a binocular more and more so considering switching to a pure binocular housing.

I do want to keep manual gain...and saw the manticore come out.

do you know what % Steps the gain uses? (it has buttons rather than a knob).

if I just hold one of the tubes with one hand, will it be rigid enough for the other one to not flop around?

thank you!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely curious about the manticore gain steps too, and hands on experience with it as a whole.  Don’t see a lot about it yet.  Nocturn also has the samurai coming out later this year and it appears to have a gain knob on the offboard control unit / battery pack.

Unrelated to nocturn, but related to new manual gain housings, I was curious how the new DTNVS-MG does gain control and adjustable IR output on the same knob.  I was provided the following by the guys at Steele and it does look a little over-complicated.  There is similarly little info about it on the web thus far.  I can provide a review when my set (DTNVS-MG) arrives in about two weeks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
yes! looks a little complicated. wish they just made two knobs or something. I'm sure it would become memory after a few uses.

do you know if the DTNVS gain will be stepped or just regular? (was looking at the RNVG-VG and I learned that is stepped even though it has a round looking knob).
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:22:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JonLSU] [#4]
From what they said on YouTube, it was like 20 adjustments for gain.  

I’m planning on ordering one.  Been waiting for a variable gain articulating nvg
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#5]
So, update on the DTNVS, I was told that the gain was stepped but the knob definitely provides continuously variable gain which is fantastic!

The adjustable IR illuminator is also continuously variable, and really not hard to get to from the standard operating mode.  Quick double click to turn IR on, triple click, adjust the IR power, triple click to go back to gain adjustment. Double click to turn IR on and off as necessary and the IR power setting is maintained until you turn the tubes off (haven’t checked to see if they reset when flipped up).

Another bonus I’m appreciating about these is how far back they stow when using a cadex mount.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:43:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JonLSU] [#6]
Put in an order for the manticore w rpo lenses today.    Bout a 6 week or so wait
Top Top