Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2024 6:48:06 AM EDT
I have an older MAWL and the screw that holds the propeller cap has sheared off and the threaded portion is still in the housing. I have attempted to contact BE Meyers about potential repair but have received no response back as of yet.  Just looking for options on getting this unit repaired if at all possible.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Picture would help
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By latewatch:
I have attempted to contact BE Meyers about potential repair but have received no response back as of yet.
View Quote

Did you only send an email?
When I had to contact BEM to request a warranty service like 2 years ago, I sent an email and never received a reply after waiting 2-3 days and so I decided to give them a phone call instead and got in touch with their technical support department and was able to get an RMA process started.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By doge_hound_57:

Did you only send an email?
When I had to contact BEM to request a warranty service like 2 years ago, I sent an email and never received a reply after waiting 2-3 days and so I decided to give them a phone call instead and got in touch with their technical support department and was able to get an RMA process started.
View Quote

I'll try giving them a call. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, it's been over three weeks trying to contact BE Meyers about getting my MAWL repaired. I did call and spoke briefly with Ryan who gave me an email address to contact to get an RMA and assured me that someone would respond. No response from that email in over a week and now I can't even get anyone on the phone or even get to a place where I can leave a voice mail.

Anyone have any contact info, other than what's on their website, that I might be able to get some service from?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:

Shoot me a PM with your contact info and I'll get you lined up with them.

In the meantime if you want to take a stab at it...

There is probably debris in there somewhere. I would remove the prop cap, check the detent for clean movement, check the raceway again and also under the retention lips and on the head unit itself. Also check the hole for debris. See pics below for reference

https://i.ibb.co/VvNBRTR/processed-666-CF0-CC-4-D96-47-F7-930-F-BC11-D45-D7-AF8.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/3ShVBcK/processed-2-CE3322-A-C2-C0-493-F-9635-B57-CA79-DC7-CF.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/ctK34Kx/processed-D0-EF5-D82-8722-4342-8083-6-F76-D412376-B.jpg

View Quote

PM sent, Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top