Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2024 2:15:04 PM EDT
Has anyone shot a MCX-Rattler LT suppressed? I’m curious if Sig has addressed the gas blowback issues that previous versions had.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The amount of blowback you experience will entirely depend on the can that you use.

The same it has been for every iteration of the MCX, as well as the AR-15.

The MCX does not have a dedicated suppressed setting, on the gas block. If you want lower back pressure/blowback, use a more flow through style can or one known for less back pressure.

I use a SIG SRD762Ti-QD on my 5.5" Rattler and don't have anything serious for blowback.

Had a Surefire SOCOM (original) on a 11.5" Spear-LT, had about the same amount of blowback as a Geissele Super Duty 11.5.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used the original one with a dead air nomad and the blowback even in - setting is prohibitive. Their new line of slx sig cans is designed specifically for this. That said, it seemed like a rather long suppressor to put on such a short gun.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Silencerco Omega 300 and a YHM Resonator K in 30 cal, ans can’t see myself buying another can just to offset a gassy pistol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Gas blow back?  6.75 didn't have enough gas to begin with.......
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#5]
11.5" Spear LT with an M4-2000. Gas for days....
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an Sig Spear LT Rattler 6.75 inch 300 blackout. Suppressor is a full size Surefire RC2 7.62.

I haven’t noticed any gas to the face on mine, although I don’t have too many rounds down the pipe on this setup since I am sitting at 80+ days on a form 1 and don’t want to waste too much ammo shooting it without a stock. My head also isn’t in the same position as it would be with a stock either. Hopefully I get approved soon so I can do some real shooting and have a more definitive answer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Agree with the above... the gas to the face you are going to get will depend mostly on the can.
I find that the gas to the face I perceive is the same between the LT and a similarly configured AR with the same can, and therefore must conclude the junk in the face is coming back down the barrel, not through the gas system.
Maybe if they released a reduced port gas plug for dedicated suppressed use someday, it would help by delaying unlocking slightly.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my Form 1 approved and got to put various bullet weights and ammo types thru the Rattler LT 6.75 300 blackout with the Telefold stock wearing an RC2 7.62.

Ammo used was AAC 110 grain VMAX, AAC 125 grain ball, Ammo Inc 150 grain ball, and for subsonic S&B 200 grain subsonic. Function was 100%. I used the +\- settings as highlighted in the users manual. + for subs, and - for supers.

Gas to the face was nonexistent. Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Ran my Rattler LT with a DA Nomad 30 + ebrake the other day with 110 grain Barnes VOR-TX and no issues with gas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top