Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2024 7:37:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane]
I bought a stock for a MP5/SP5 off a guy who has been collecting HK stuff for a long time.

I can’t tell if it’s actually H&K or a MKE copy (A3 type). There doesn’t appear to be any kind of identify identifying mark on it anywhere that I can see.

If I understand correctly, the German ones aren’t made any more and are actually pretty valuable.

Is there any easy way to tell whether it’s one or the other?

I’ll post pics later if I can get around to it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The older German stocks usually have a date code inside a little rectangle on the top right side of the plastic butt piece (viewed from the rear). The newer versions still have the rectangle but no date code in it. I have a Turkish HK33 A3 stock and it does not have that rectangle, but I'm not sure if the MP5 stocks are the same or not.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#3]
other than what has been said above check the weld quality on the underside where it mates to the receiver, all my German stocks have a smooth clean fill, the clones have always been rough
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:33:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#4]
Pics as requested…

Number on buttstock (or is it “IS”?)

Same number where it meets the receiver

Weld on bottom

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By osprey21:
It's an 'IS'.. "IS" is the HK date code for 1995.

Is the left side rail cut for a bolt hold open?
View Quote

It looks like it is, I wonder if it is a universal stock or a tight close 10mm stock?

OP does the stock close all the way or when closed does it stick out a little?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:04:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#7]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

It looks like it is, I wonder if it is a universal stock or a tight close 10mm stock?

OP does the stock close all the way or when closed does it stick out a little?
View Quote

There are two locks, one all the way closed and one just a little bit open.  I haven’t put it on a receiver, because that would be illegal without the right paperwork, but (theoretically, of course), it looks like the “all the way closed” setting would be pretty tight, with the little pin pressing into the buffer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

There are two locks, one all the way closed and one just a little bit open.  I haven’t put it on a receiver, because that would be illegal without the right paperwork, but (theoretically, of course), it looks like the “all the way closed” setting would be pretty tight, with the little pin pressing into the buffer.
View Quote

My guess is it is a universal stock (designed to fit either an MP5 in 9mm or 10mm or a buffered carrier HK33/93). When you get it on the gun it probably won't close all the way, because the rails will be too long (designed for the longer HK33, which is what the second further back notch is for). On an MP5 it will close sticking out a little bit.

Without putting the stock on your gun you should be able to put it alongside the receiver and see how long the stock rails are.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]

My guess is it is a universal stock (designed to fit either an MP5 in 9mm or 10mm or a buffered carrier HK33/93). When you get it on the gun it probably won't close all the way, because the rails will be too long (designed for the longer HK33, which is what the second further back notch is for). On an MP5 it will close sticking out a little bit.

Without putting the stock on your gun you should be able to put it alongside the receiver and see how long the stock rails are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

I believe that you are correct.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:46:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Apec] [#10]
MKE stocks do not use that style of plastic lever/release, they use the older steel triangle lever.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:47:34 AM EDT
[#11]
My conclusion is that JsARCLIGHT is correct.

It’s an interesting stock- interesting enough that I need to get my form 1 in order…
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Here is the exact same stock on GunJoker: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1035211202
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:36:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#13]
1995 Oberndorf universal Hk53/MP5 stock.

Good pick up, OP.

ETA: picture ...

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:56:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#14]
Very interesting.

Not bad, considering it was literally sitting on top of a heap of other parts, prompting me to ask “hey, how much you want for this?”

Thanks for the info, folks…
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top