Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2023 10:01:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Punisher]
Not mine!

Magpul stock 3d printed A3 stock end.
Poster stated the STL will be added once it feels solid to the shoulder.

Link to Reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MP5/comments/13s5742/magpul_a3_stock_end_is_almost_done_having/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

Link has STL’s for handguard, front sight rail, mag clamp, and A3 end for SBT retractable brace.

https://brownsbrush.com/download-files

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, cool! The way it should have been from Magpul.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks much better than the original Magpul. Not bad.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm, I'd like to print this on an arm for 1913 pic rail stock attachment

but I'm dumb and haven't learned to 3d model
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
This looks so much better
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 3:18:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Dope.
Besides looks, are there any issues people have with the magpul stock?
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 11:44:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stinkypol] [#6]
Nice, needs the polymer extended forward like the A3 ‘F’ stock profile.

Sorta quick photo chopped iPotato enhanced pic of what I’m thinking.
A3 minus the rubber butt pad and checkered like the regular stock is.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:39:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stinkypol:
Nice, needs the polymer extended forward like the A3 stock profile.

Sorta quick photo chopped iPotato enhanced pic of what I’m thinking.
A3 minus the rubber butt pad and checkered like the regular stock is.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136710/IMG_4379_jpeg-2830655.JPG

View Quote

The original A3 wasn’t extended… this is a good match for the original.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:52:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stahlgewehr762] [#8]
The extended/A3 F stock-style butt would cover the exposed stock rails of the Magpul stock, when collapsed. This would give a more finished look to the stock, whereas a standard/A3 non-F butt would have exposed stock rails when collapsed, as pictured.

Both styles look far, far better than the Magpul original design.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:

The original A3 wasn’t extended… this is a good match for the original.
View Quote

Oops, Forgot to denote that as the ‘F’ model.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#10]
At this point, with the ridiculous prices of the A3 OEM and MKE stocks, you would think Magpul would clone one in 100% polymer.

Their own stock is solid and seems to be all polymer with some type of carbon fiber rails.  They could sell A3 clones at $250 a pop at twice the rate of their own style stocks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:33:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshNC] [#11]
Originally Posted By cbsaf:
At this point, with the ridiculous prices of the A3 OEM and MKE stocks, you would think Magpul would clone one in 100% polymer.

Their own stock is solid and seems to be all polymer with some type of carbon fiber rails.  They could sell A3 clones at $250 a pop at twice the rate of their own style stocks.
View Quote

Plastic molds cost money, which needs to be recouped with sales volume. The market for these is likely smaller than one would think.

If cloning things, they should be banging out retro AR furniture, MP5A2 stocks, SIG 55x furniture, etc… But, when has Magpul ever cloned anything? That’s not their niche.

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

Plastic molds cost money, which needs to be recouped with sales volume. The market for these is likely smaller than one would think.

If cloning things, they should be banging out retro AR furniture, MP5A2 stocks, SIG 55x furniture, etc… But, when has Magpul ever cloned anything? That’s not their niche.

View Quote

Spot on. Even if Magpul made an exact clone of the OEM MP5 stock it would still be just that - a clone - and (I suspect / contrary to popular belief) not likely to see widespread acceptance based on that fact alone.

Better to offer a design that delivers value to the customer, is on brand, and has its own merit as a product, rather than a copy of something else.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By havoc:
Better to offer a design that delivers value to the customer, is on brand, and has its own merit as a product, rather than a copy of something else.
View Quote

Then, their mistake was basing it on a SL instead of a SLK.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By cbsaf:

View Quote

I would love an A3 OEM to complete the collection. Right now I am using an A3F. I also have a A2. The A3F is fine for me. No real complaints.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:21:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#15]
Deleted.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 2:30:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckMan123] [#16]
I'm manage to use the original .STL file and with the TinkerCAD to create an end piece that mounts to the Magpul rails. It uses the original screw in mounting insert and a drywall screw. I cannot figure out how to insert pictures or upload the .STL file. Overall it is bulkier than an original MP5 end piece but it is a solid mount. The original printing was done in PLA and could use a little more clean up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Punisher] [#17]
$12.50 on his website

Received mine today. It fits the Magpul brace as well.
I believe this is the material used.

“Printed in Carbon Fiber Nylon (PAHT-CF), that is dried at 80’C for 12 hours, and then annealed after printing at 100’C for 4 hours. There is some debate to how long to anneal CF Nylons, until I see some more data I’ve been playing it safe at 100’C for 5 Hours. 120’C for 5-8 hours is the manufacture recommendation.”

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 4:55:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#18]
Deleted
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 4:14:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#19]
Deleted
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#20]
How was the original end secured? Could you run a rollpin or machine screw into each arm?
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 2:18:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#21]
Deleted
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got my Brown's Brush A3 stock end yesterday and it came with a 3d printed BB logo coin, a sticker and a very nice allen wrench tool (shape of a tiny MP5).  Tom even remembered my last minute request to put a QD cup on mine.  This morning I installed it on my Magpul collapsing stock and the fit is superb - there's no vertical play between the telescoping forks and the stock end has nice stippling.  I am so happy with this product and I wish I could attach pics to show you all.

Some info on how the stock end attached to the telescoping forks...  When I removed the Magpul stock end the forks had a total of two notches, the forward notch serves as the catch when in the collapsed position and a smaller rear notch was an anchoring point to the center block insert.  You screw that center block into the stock end, effectively clamping the two units together using that rear notch as the anchoring point.  This seems to be a similar method Magpul used to do theirs which is solid as well.  It is definitely not a friction type of mount (I think I read that somewhere so I just wanted to clarify that point).  

I just couldn't stomach putting down $500 or even $350 for an A3 stock and it was just an itch that never went away, until I came across this thread.  I had a great experience with Tom and I hope you guys do too.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:
$12.50 on his website

Received mine today. It fits the Magpul brace as well.
I believe this is the material used.

“Printed in Carbon Fiber Nylon (PAHT-CF), that is dried at 80’C for 12 hours, and then annealed after printing at 100’C for 4 hours. There is some debate to how long to anneal CF Nylons, until I see some more data I’ve been playing it safe at 100’C for 5 Hours. 120’C for 5-8 hours is the manufacture recommendation.”

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79930/IMG_3396_jpeg-2915535.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79930/IMG_3403_jpeg-2915537.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79930/IMG_3404_jpeg-2915538.JPG
View Quote

Can you post a link to his website? I am not finding it, Thanks.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SnprPSG1:

Can you post a link to his website? I am not finding it, Thanks.....
View Quote

Link to the home page of these site mentioned above.
However, notice the banner at the top.  
https://brownsbrush.com/
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FishKepr:

Link to the home page of these site mentioned above.
However, notice the banner at the top.  
https://brownsbrush.com/
View Quote

Thanks...... I didn't click any of the links to the top right.... assumed the link was bad when I saw this:

We couldn't find the page you were looking for. This is either because:

There is an error in the URL entered into your web browser. Please check the URL and try again.
The page you are looking for has been moved or deleted.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#26]

Thanks...... I didn't click any of the links to the top right.... assumed the link was bad when I saw this:

There is an error in the URL entered into your web browser. Please check the URL and try again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That’s a standard catch all, so to speak, when the sub-page address (stuff to the right of the ‘.com’ or whatever) is not valid.  
That way the user get something more friendly than a 404 browser error.

Originally Posted By Warhammer1:
It is definitely not a friction type of mount (I think I read that somewhere so I just wanted to clarify that point).  

The design has been evolving.  It used to be a friction fit to the rails which was not confidence inspiring without help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top