Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2024 1:42:51 PM EDT
Neat little rifle I just acquired. These were WW2 rifles convert to spotter/hunter rifles by local smiths then sold or traded to GIs for cigarettes.

Just wanted to try and verify this is the JS chamber (.323). I believe the rifle is supposed to be a WW2 era Mauser which should be .323 chamber but with these “Cigarette “ rifles not a lot of marks to go off of.

Here are a few pics

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You have a most elegant rifle.  It makes almost all current offerings look like afterthoughts from a rummage sale.  Hopefully the bore is good but if not, that can be fixed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice, when I first looked I said "goddammit why does that have 4 triggers!" before I realized those were shadows
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I knew I'd just read about them, here you go. Cigarette rifle
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Did it include the scope for those bases?

Those are some of the steadiest scope mounting bases you’ll ever find, but they are very painstaking to fit and zero.

I had a K99k sniper that had bases very much like the ones on your rifle, and it was a fine shooter.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
What is stamped below 8x57 calibre mark ?

J = .318
S=  .323
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tangeant:
What is stamped below 8x57 calibre mark ?

J = .318
S=  .323
View Quote

1940's should be a .323".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top