Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2024 1:47:05 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the Magpul stocks and forends work on Maverick 88s?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#1]
stocks and i think barrels work but the forend does not fit w/o parts and labor (not worth it)
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Stocks are an identical swap. The Magpul forend would require swapping the Maverick slide tube out with a threaded Mossberg slide tube, as the Maverick ones have the forend pinned to the tube (I think some newer Mossbergs are coming with the pinned tubes also).
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Done it.  The forearm required installing the 500 style action slide tube.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
And remember that Mossberg forend tubes come in different lengths for various sporter, and bantam, and shockwave configurations. Make sure you get the appropriate length tube for whatever forend you plan to install.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
It is kind of funny that his stock and forend will cost more than the shotgun itself.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep they do
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MK318:
It is kind of funny that his stock and forend will cost more than the shotgun itself.
View Quote

Yes indeed too expensive - but they do look and feel good if you take the plunge.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:17:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kwb377:
Stocks are an identical swap. The Magpul forend would require swapping the Maverick slide tube out with a threaded Mossberg slide tube, as the Maverick ones have the forend pinned to the tube (I think some newer Mossbergs are coming with the pinned tubes also).
View Quote

What surprises me is that the aftermarket hasn't started making an affordable tube so people can run their forends. Mossberg is normally out of stock and pretty expensive.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:09:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Atropian_Defector] [#9]
I have had a few Maverick 88’s with 500 slides from the factory. One is an older gun late 90’s, the other was a combo set from 2014. Most have the arms molded/pinned to the forend and need replacing, but almost all 500’s I’ve had to modify the magpul forend to fit, as there’s 1/2” difference between the 590 and 500’s slide (and some 500’s came with the longer one too)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top