Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2023 11:29:09 PM EDT
I’m not sure where to post this otherwise but trying to source some info for my dad on this rifle. He sourced it some years ago from a CEO from a large gun manufacturer and it’s basically sat ever since. I can’t find much info on them for value or market with McMillan pretty much going Mil. only. Really just trying to get a ballpark on value. Maybe 60-80 rounds total.  Any help or point in the direction would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:05:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Call Randy at Thunder Ammo in Oklahoma.
He will have as good an idea as anyone.
Ex President of the FCSA.
Deals in a lot of .50s.

Nice rifle, they all shoot well.
Does it have any chamber info on the barrel? .554 neck?
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:46:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ALASKANFIRE] [#2]
Is it a single shot or repeater? They sold their bolt 50 for a long time probably 20+ years. You could probably find some listings in the Blue Book. I think the newer Tac-50 repeaters were around $7500 new but I'm really not sure. They were never super popular I assume because of their price.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:56:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ALASKANFIRE] [#3]
What's the model listed on the gun?
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Looks like it's an early model 98A. I've only found one add for the same rifle for sale and it had McMillan stamped on the side. This appears to have been prior to them doing that.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top