Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2024 12:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000]
SRS meets MDRX In Saudi Designated Marksman Rifle Trials

I would be interested to see if this becomes available for the 308 Mdrx owners.

Video take aways:

Jb Weld isn't a new Idea. I guess
They used a turned down a 22inch Srs Barrel to fit in an Mdrx.
The first version of the  Wlvrn handgaurd is..an Mdrx handguard
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:57:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrozenIceman] [#1]
Interesting, this is definitely the use case that I see the MDR doing well in.

That JB Weld work looks horrendous.  They didn't even wipe the excess after they applied it.

I think the timeline is a bit odd, I  am thinking that the contract may have started early, but it doesn't look like they built the Rifle until last year (in its final form).  

Timeline
Covid in 2019 -> MDRx released in 2020 -> KS ARG Report 2021 (Pointed out Trunnion shifting/loose fasteners/possible adhesive options and ES Barrel performance) -> New Chargeing Handles 2022 -> Pic-less Gas Block 2023

It uses the gas block with the pic rail cut off, so that places at least the gas block barrel assembly in the last two years and if it uses the old charging handles that places it in 2021-2023.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FrozenIceman:
Interesting, this is definitely the use case that I see the MDR doing well in.

That JB Weld work looks horrendous.  They didn't even wipe the excess after they applied it.

I think the timeline is a bit odd, I  am thinking that the contract may have started early, but it doesn't look like they built the Rifle until last year (in its final form).  

Timeline
Covid in 2019 -> MDRx released in 2020 -> KS ARG Report 2021 (Pointed out Trunnion shifting/loose fasteners/possible adhesive options and ES Barrel performance) -> New Chargeing Handles 2022 -> Pic-less Gas Block 2023

It uses the gas block with the pic rail cut off, so that places at least the gas block barrel assembly in the last two years and if it uses the old charging handles that places it in 2021-2023.

View Quote

Unless it was stuff DT was working on before it was implemented or discussed on the MDRX. Also possible DT has known about the trunnion movement issues internally before the KS ARG report came out?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrozenIceman] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tavorsterling:

Unless it was stuff DT was working on before it was implemented or discussed on the MDRX. Also possible DT has known about the trunnion movement issues internally before the KS ARG report came out?
View Quote

I am sure they knew about the Trunnion moving issue, it was most likely checked every time an MDR went back for service.  I also don't think they would have sent such a bad workmanship JB weld job to be inspected and reviewed by a foreign military.  Maybe it was assembled after the competition trial/never made it to trial?

That being said, I was more looking at the gas block under the handguard thing to bracket the time frame.  They held onto that idea for years and were resistant to changing (most likely because they sold an optic mount) at least until 2021 because it was in the 2020 launch of the MDRx.

The serial number is also visible in the video, 4250, and it was post white color fill which may indicate which production year.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:56:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Odinforever2000] [#4]

Aaand it just went up for sale.
Id love the handguard and the barrel..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top