Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2024 3:51:50 PM EDT
I need to add a med kit to my Surus Operations Recce rig. I like the idea of the Ferro concepts roll 1 medical dangler. Looks easy to access from either side. Has anyone used one off the front of there rig?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a the Roll 1, got it just about immediately after it came out a few years back.

Couple of downsides to it, you can't really put much in it.  Things like Israeli Battle Dressings can eat up a lot of space in the Roll1.   You can't put shears in it or a TQ, just not enough room.  It's not labeled as med and has no ID patch area to add one so either you stencil one or you sew on yourself.

I like it though, because it's low profile. I carry it on the rear of my plate carrier and on the front I use a Haley Strategic TQ and Shears dangler pouch. For my chest rig I use a Beez Combat Systems BLUNT, which allows me to store the TQ, shears, and it's a bit bigger.  The BLUNT is pretty much just a bigger version of the Roll 1.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I use one on the front of a chest rig setup. I like it much better than a traditional dangler, it doesn’t flop around and hit me in the junk etc. BUT as mentioned it’s limited on capacity.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:39:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WantsAnRRA] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
For my chest rig I use a Beez Combat Systems BLUNT, which allows me to store the TQ, shears, and it's a bit bigger.  The BLUNT is pretty much just a bigger version of the Roll 1.
View Quote

The BLUNT looks good! That might be the way I go
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:

The BLUNT looks good! That might be the way I go
View Quote

It's nice.  It is bigger than the Roll 1, so if you're not a fan of danglers the extra size could be an issue.

The interior roll is not made of the same material that the Roll 1 uses for its interior roll and so the BLUNT's interior roll pulls out a bit less smoothly than the interior roll of the Roll 1.  

Other than that I can't think of anything else negative to say about it. I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like the Agilite for a dangler
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered a Beez Blunt. I’ll report back!
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
I have a the Roll 1, got it just about immediately after it came out a few years back.

Couple of downsides to it, you can't really put much in it.  Things like Israeli Battle Dressings can eat up a lot of space in the Roll1.   You can't put shears in it or a TQ, just not enough room.  It's not labeled as med and has no ID patch area to add one so either you stencil one or you sew on yourself.

I like it though, because it's low profile. I carry it on the rear of my plate carrier and on the front I use a Haley Strategic TQ and Shears dangler pouch. For my chest rig I use a Beez Combat Systems BLUNT, which allows me to store the TQ, shears, and it's a bit bigger.  The BLUNT is pretty much just a bigger version of the Roll 1.
View Quote

I drew a cross in sharpie on both of mine. I have zero qualms about marking up my gear, like writing "TQ" on TQ pouches that aren't super obvious. Also, try an H bandage instead of an Izzy. It'll be a lot less bulky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top