BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Atlantic, when will you get these in and would you recommend the Ap5 over the MAC? Gonna buy one or the other very soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#3]
It's cool the MAC guns are coming with SEF marked grip frames. The Century MKE guns have 0,1 grip frames.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wreckdiver:
Atlantic, when will you get these in and would you recommend the Ap5 over the MAC? Gonna buy one or the other very soon.
View Quote

Website & SHOT show rep said March.

If you want the extras and don’t mind the non-CHF barrel, get the MAC.  But gun for gun, I’d personally want the CHF barrel of the AP5.  As someone who already has 5 AP5 series & 2 HK’s, I’d probably get the MAC just to check it out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#6]
@cherenkov how did you reshape the extractor?
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:
@cherenkov how did you reshape the extractor?
View Quote

Like the one in the picture in the HKpro link pic of the one that came back from Century and that was part of the fix from Century.  Essentially grinding so a leading edge is on the left side with a sharp taper at maybe 33-45 degrees to the left.  I got this ejector in an MKE parts like a year ago

Now - It is interesting the second pack of MKE parts I just got as a spare from Atlantic in the mail Yesterday- and it was already re-shaped in that format.

So it looks like if you buy a new parts pack from Atlantic it should be reshaped.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm curious if MAC and its retro 80s theme might be interested in importing some straight MP5 mags

Outside of Original German - I know POF made some  I'd be interested if this newest supplier had the means to make or sell such a thing.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I think im going to give one a try. Probably pick up a K model.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#10]
If only MERTSAV/MAC would be the first MP5 pattern producer to stop putting thumb-shelf lowers on their base model MP5 variants.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I checked with Atlantic Firearms early in the week. The said maybe by end of march. I gave in and ordered a full-size century imported model because I was tired of waiting. Already picked it up yesterday
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
I think im going to give one a try. Probably pick up a K model.
View Quote

I’m thinking of rolling the dice on gen 1 too. I’ve got the cash waiting. Absolutely will get a K. Handled a PTR yesterday, it was cool. My first time handling a K. Always thought they were sexy af. I’m not paying 50% more for it though. The MAC with the 2 mags and accessories will be a bargain if it’s on par with the AP5s, etc.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I looked at the MAC guns at SHOT and was impressed with them. Definitely will be picking up at least the K if not both versions
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:01:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I sort of want one just cause, I’ve got an AP5, SP5, and SP5K-PDW.  Not sure if I’d get a K or full-size.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
FYI  ,due to normal export delays from Turkey we are now being told to expect the MAC 5 pistols sometime in the month of April.
View Quote

I appreciate you keeping us informed. Heck I should be ready for a K model by then.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I just asked SDS Imports over in the Industry Forum and they said pretty much the same as Atlantic.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/-/801-305297/?r=-1&page=1

Originally Posted By SDSImports:
They're coming soonisherylaterthanwehoped....

Targeting late this month, maybe april.
View Quote

Originally Posted By SDSImports:

Waiting on forms to be stamped and such right now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#18]
We are into April now. Anyone get their hands on one?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By shootblaster:
View Quote

I can probably wait 14 more hours
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#20]
If they are coming on a container ship to the eastern US then might want to add a couple months to the delivery thanks to the port of Baltimore being practically shut down!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By shootblaster:
View Quote

Uhhhh...we are?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Princeton:
If they are coming on a container ship to the eastern US then might want to add a couple months to the delivery thanks to the port of Baltimore being practically shut down!
View Quote

This.

And isn't Atlantic Firearms in Maryland.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dump1567:

This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Princeton:

This.

A slight delay, sure. A couple of months? That would require additional major fuck ups by the broker/shipper.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:18:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#25]
If they were expecting a late March, early April ETA, they probably were already in the US before the bridge came down.

They are likely stuck in customs.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:20:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#26]

This.

View Quote
Atlantic isn't importing them. SDS Imports is.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
The pricing looks good, might make street pricing just under a grand.
I also would love to see them remake an original style M11. If they bought manufacturing tooling along with the name, it should be simple.
View Quote
Man...an original style M11 in 380 w/ a no slap trigger would be the bees knees!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:10:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CFletch] [#29]
I finally got a raise, and I think I need my first (and likely only) MP5. The MAC is looking pretty darn good if they end up working well. I've been tempted by the AP5 but everything my acquaintances have gotten from Century has been a disaster. My buddy's C308 was the worst; it had a broken extractor and some missing springs when he got it. I really don't want that sort of QC in a $1200 gun. I'm really hoping the MAC ends up being better than that.

ETA: This is probably a dumb question but I am new to the MP5 clone market: is there any reason to get something like the MAC or AP5 over saving up for a PTR? Is the PTR worth half again as much as the MAC/AP5? I can't afford a SP5 so that's out as an option.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CFletch:
I finally got a raise, and I think I need my first (and likely only) MP5. The MAC is looking pretty darn good if they end up working well. I've been tempted by the AP5 but everything my acquaintances have gotten from Century has been a disaster. My buddy's C308 was the worst; it had a broken extractor and some missing springs when he got it. I really don't want that sort of QC in a $1200 gun. I'm really hoping the MAC ends up being better than that.

ETA: This is probably a dumb question but I am new to the MP5 clone market: is there any reason to get something like the MAC or AP5 over saving up for a PTR? Is the PTR worth half again as much as the MAC/AP5? I can't afford a SP5 so that's out as an option.
View Quote

The  AP5 and the PTR both have cold hammer forged barrels. That is one cost saving feature the MAC will have, button rifling. Realistically, I doubt it would make a difference in one of these.

I've heard of good and bad with both companies. The PTR wasn't worth the extra money to me.

I am very strongly looking at a Mac5K, or whatever they're calling it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:48:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#31]

View Quote

Century doesnt build or otherwise touch the AP5s.  They simply import them and then send them on to distributors.  The guns themselves are built on Hk tooling, on a military production line by a company with a LONG track record of producing HK licensed guns for military customers, to the HK spec (albeit the older spec) in Turkey.  The only reason you will have to deal with Century is if the gun has an issue.  Even then, any issue can be typically fixed with replacing the rollers, locking piece or extractor.  All cheap and easy to do.

My AP5P has been fantastic.  Would buy again in a heartbeat....and LONG before a Mac gun.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#32]
This is probably a dumb question but I am new to the MP5 clone market: is there any reason to get something like the MAC or AP5 over saving up for a PTR? Is the PTR worth half again as much as the MAC/AP5?
View Quote

If you want to spend the extra and get a reverse-engineered clone, then get the PTR. If you want to spend less and get a "clone" built by military manufacturers to HK (older) specs, then get an MKE or MAC.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

As of right now, the MAC is an unknown variable.  The Turkish guns can be excellent or junk.  Its seems like SDS goes out of their way to import nicer stuff, so chances are the guns will be decent.  But if you got the money, get an AP5, they are the current bargain.

I'm launching a business venture, so I'm going to go 6-12 months before I get paid.  Otherwise an AP5 would be in my hands right now.  If my business venture works out the way I want it to, hello HK SP5.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top