Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 1:59:36 AM EDT
Is that a good price?

Murdoch's 30 anniversary sales ad has them listed for that.  Worth the 50 mile one way trip to get one?

I'm leaning towards yes.

Don't really need one as l already have an 870 with a 20" barrel and +2 or 3 magazine.  But NEED has very little to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:09:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#1]
Are you seeking affirmation or asking if that is a good price? If it’s affirmation, it’s a Mossberg 590, it’s a good shotgun. If you are asking if $349 is less money than $475, yes. Yes it is. If you’re asking if $349 for a 590 in 2024 is a good deal, that is subjective to the end user. For me, I’d rather spend $100 more and get a shockwave which is a little more versatile. Especially if I were in your situation since you already have a full size pump action shotgun. Either way when is having another shotgun a bad thing?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:45:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Yes,  l was wondering if the price was worth the effort.  

A buddy has a Shockwave, or the Remington equivalent - don't remember which,  and such a shorty really doesn't do anything for me.

This deal also includes a pistol grip to replace the buttstock, but l doubt I'll use it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like a good deal. Especially when you only have to pay sales tax. I'd call them and have them hold 1 for you before making the drive.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/015813506946

With the above you need to pay shipping, transfer, and sales tax.

After being an 870 guy for a long time. I picked up a Mossberg Shockwave and Mossberg 590S.
The S is setup to use Mini-Shells from the factory, has removable chokes, and Ghost Ring sights.

Attachment Attached File

If you buy that Persuader get this adapter to run mini-shells in it:
https://defendertactical.com/products/universal-minishell-adapter
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:
Is that a good price?

Murdoch's 30 anniversary sales ad has them listed for that.  Worth the 50 mile one way trip to get one?

I'm leaning towards yes.

Don't really need one as l already have an 870 with a 20" barrel and +2 or 3 magazine.  But NEED has very little to do with it.
View Quote

That's a great price for used, nevermind new, for a 590 with the 20" barrell, bayonet lug and heat shield!  Perfect home defense shotgun!  Those usually run for $100 more new at the cheapest.  50 mile drive is nothing....why haven't you left yet?  Lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drobs:
Seems like a good deal. Especially when you only have to pay sales tax. I'd call them and have them hold 1 for you before making the drive.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/015813506946

With the above you need to pay shipping, transfer, and sales tax.

After being an 870 guy for a long time. I picked up a Mossberg Shockwave and Mossberg 590S.
The S is setup to use Mini-Shells from the factory, has removable chokes, and Ghost Ring sights.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/590s_sling2_jpg-3199108.JPG

If you buy that Persuader get this adapter to run mini-shells in it:
https://defendertactical.com/products/universal-minishell-adapter
View Quote

Thanks for the link!  I'll order that when l get back home.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Blain:

That's a great price for used, nevermind new, for a 590 with the 20" barrell, bayonet lug and heat shield!  Perfect home defense shotgun!  Those usually run for $100 more new at the cheapest.  50 mile drive is nothing....why haven't you left yet?  Lol
View Quote

Just woke up!  Will be leaving on an hour or so.  

It seemed like a darn good price, but I've found, through experience, that if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.    Hence, the question before l jump.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The gun is in jail... TPRoC has a 3 day waiting period now.  Can pick it up anytime Wednesday  and on.

But a Sig Romeo5, and Weaver base are home and waiting for it.

And the shorty shell adapter is ordered.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
USA!  USA!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The gun is in jail... TPRoC has a 3 day waiting period now.  Can pick it up anytime Wednesday  and on.

View Quote

Glad to hear they actually had it in stock. Post up some pics when you get it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah.  I called ahead but they dont hold guns back.  

So l got there at 10:00-ish and they still had several.

Unlike last time.  A few months ago they had Rock Island 1911 GIs for $299.  I got there about noon and missed the last gun by about 30 minutes.  Didn't need one, already have a RIA GI, but at that price l couldn't not try.  

They currently have the same gun for $399 and get a free a RIA .38 revolver with it.  There were several people picking up their combos when l got there.  

Pics will be next weekend.  Maybe. Probably see Saturday before l make it down there.  Work getting in the way,  ya know?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:55:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#11]

View Quote

Communist BS right there. A right delayed is a right denied.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh and they are currently ramrodding more through as we speak.  Basically carbon copies of CA, IL and NY laws. Even stuff that's already been ruled unconstitutional in those districts.   But super majority in both houses and the governor's mansion combined with a spineless Republican party.  Gonna be sonne dark years ahead for us.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#13]
That is a hell of a deal!  I wish I lived closer to one of the stores.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#14]
We just had a Tractor Supply build a new store in town.  Their idea of a sporting section is some Cold Steel, Kershaw and a no name line of knives.  And some gel airsoft guns.

We bemoan that when we finally got a farm and ranch store it wasn't a good one.  The Murdoch's an hour on the other side of this one has a great reloading section too.  

But then if l had one in town I'd probably have to turn my paycheck over to them.  So there's that.

Well welcome to the board!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top