Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:13:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#1]
I finally got around to installing the Cyelee dot-sight on the Mossberg.

Got the sight from Amazon at https://a.co/d/4hfxOSn

Attachment Attached File

The Cyelee sight came with an assortment of screws of different sizes.
These are the ones that are correct for the Mossberg, except that the screws are a couple millimeters too long. Had to dremel them to correct length to avoid the screw protruding into the pathway of the bolt.

Attachment Attached File

Here you can see one of the screws before it was trimmed, and protruding too deep into the receiver.

Attachment Attached File

I used Loctite 222 "purple" low-strength threadlocker on the two screws that hold the Cyelee sight in place.
I hope I don't need a cutting torch to get the thing off the gun when its time to replace the battery.

Attachment Attached File

Probably gonna still be a bit until I get to the range with it.

I fucked up my right arm real bad. Might have torn the "brachioradialis" muscle loose.
Arm hurts a lot just to brush my teeth.
Got an appointment with the Physician Assistant for an arm surgeon in a few days.
I sure hope its just something that rest and P.T. will remedy. But, I'm kind of expecting the worst. Feels like the afflicted muscle is all balled-up in my forearm. Been feeling like that for a couple weeks.

Oh well. If I can't shoot it. At least I can look at it.

Fuck me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:16:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought this gun for two reasons:

1. The receiver is cut for the mini-sight
2. It is factory-equipped to shoot the mini-shells

I was mostly into it for the receiver cut.

If this fucked-up-arm thing persists, maybe the mini-shells thing will be a bigger deal (for me) than I expected it to be.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 12:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a 590 in 20 ga too.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Took the 590S to the range yesterday.

50 yards slug workout.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Remington "Slugger" 3-shot group in the lower-left corner. Winchester 1600 fps 3-shot group in the center.

Attachment Attached File

The shorty shells did OK too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what those mini-shells could do from a rifled barrel.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, how do you like that sight? I was worried reading about your screws being stuck, finally worked up the nerve to try mine. They popped loose with hardly any effort, maybe somebody learned not to crank 'em down.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By snuffy19608:
OP, how do you like that sight? I was worried reading about your screws being stuck, finally worked up the nerve to try mine. They popped loose with hardly any effort, maybe somebody learned not to crank 'em down.
View Quote

I think it works great.

Ample elevation/windage adjustment on those little screws.

Reticle is very bright, and easy to acquire.

Didn’t have to make much adjustment after installation. Here’s where it was grouping at 50 yards before I adjusted.

Attachment Attached File

That one shot way out left is where a half-revolution of the windage screw moves impact at 50 yards.

I’m glad the factory isn’t cranking down on all of the RMSc cover plates to the point of deforming the screw slots as mine were. That was a real hassle. But I’ll get over it.

Honestly, the plastic furniture is a lot more slippery to handle than I care for. I have a $300 vintage Model 500 over here with plain wood corncob and uncheckered wood I might cannibalize or at least swap. I don’t anticipate bolting things to the handguard.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a 590 Thunder Ranch today which I believe has the same optic mount as the OPs.

First thing I did when I got home with it was remove the optics plate screws.  I was really careful doing it, making sure I had a perfectly fitting hex bit.  They were in there firmly but came out just fine.

I'm thinking the OPs was a one-off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:
I picked up a 590 Thunder Ranch today which I believe has the same optic mount as the OPs.

First thing I did when I got home with it was remove the optics plate screws.  I was really careful doing it, making sure I had a perfectly fitting hex bit.  They were in there firmly but came out just fine.

I'm thinking the OPs was a one-off.
View Quote

I'm hoping they used mine as a training opportunity for whoever went full gorilla on mine.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top