Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2024 10:09:08 PM EDT
So after posting my collection of 80s oddballs here, I thought I would post my 90s-2000s video game guns as well. The games of my childhood are really what got me into the firearms community in the first place. I just received my Tommybuilt, and I had to have it in ral9000 with the Hensoldt dual optic for the total 90s look. Had to grab a Scar as well (even though I really should have gotten it in tan.... will likely cerakote it OD Green anyway), and the AUG I just really loved in white.

What other guns do I need for that perfect millennium era video game icon collection? I'm thinking an HK 94 is an absolute must, and that may honestly be my next purchase. Any other space age looking plastic fantastics like the AUG and G36 that were prominent in old-school games?

Also, I'm looking for a foregrip for the TG36, which would be the most... HK looking option, if that makes any sense?

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:49:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1stID] [#1]
You definitely need something in OD green, just to round out the color schemes.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
P90 for sure.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Mk23 and the Knight suppressor
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stonia:
Mk23 and the Knight suppressor
View Quote

I knew I was forgetting something! You are 100% correct here, that’s top of the list right now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Just too cool.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:27:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#6]
Golden gun from James Bond?

And that g0dd@mn gun from Duck Hunt.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:35:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By gtsteve03: P90 for sure.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gtsteve03: P90 for sure.

Agreed.

Originally Posted By pug826: Any other space age looking plastic fantastics like the AUG and G36 that were prominent in old-school games?

I think the ACR was more popular in video games than in real life. Also, not sure about video games, but the ARX probably qualifies as a 'space age looking plastic fantastic'.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:59:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#8]
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:
P90 for sure.
View Quote

If it was possible to buy a G11 i would have....

Attachment Attached File

Also:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
Golden gun from James Bond?

And that g0dd@mn gun from Duck Hunt.
View Quote

BFG9000 from Doom as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:27:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#10]
A lot of my collection was driven by the original Counter-Strike weapons.  

One thing I never realized until I read it 3-4 years ago was the pistol in the original Doom (93) was supposed to be a Beretta 92.  I was a huge Doom fan and you could say a Beretta pistol enthusiast.  Mind was blown!

My initial exposure to the VHS-2 came from Far Cry 5/6 as well.

I think video games make for an awesome gateway into the hobby-aspects of the 2A, and can roll into the self-defense side of it nicely.

I’ll have to make a Counter-Strike group photo at some point.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
A lot of my collection was driven by the original Counter-Strike weapons.  

One thing I never realized until I read it 3-4 years ago was the pistol in the original Doom (93) was supposed to be a Beretta 92.  I was a huge Doom fan and you could say a Beretta pistol enthusiast.  Mind was blown!

My initial exposure to the VHS-2 came from Far Cry 5/6 as well.

I think video games make for an awesome gateway into the hobby-aspects of the 2A, and can roll into the self-defense side of it nicely.

I’ll have to make a Counter-Strike group photo at some point.
View Quote

I never knew that about Doom! That’s super cool! You are totally right though, and I think video games featuring actual military-used firearms and getting people interested in those actually goes a long way for getting younger generations to support the 2a.

Also, I find it funny that in real life, the cool tactical weapons are what are desirable, and in video games when they include the Woodstock double barrels and grandpa’s muzzle loader, that’s what I gravitate toward ha. Whatever stands out the most I suppose.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome collection! Needs more MP5 though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top