[#1]
Fucking WINNING!
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:
Fucking WINNING!
View Quote

I think I'll go play the lottery tonight.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered my suppressor on the 2nd. Still waiting to frigging certify with the FFL.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Individual App I'm assuming, and eForms?

Interesting how the Form 4 that eForms spits out is version dated September 2019, when the current version on ATF's website is October 2023.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to burst your bubble. But this has been happening to most people the last couple weeks. ATF changed its process and things are speeding up
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
All my shit is on a trust, just did another form 4 and form 1 but to my trust. Crossing my fingers. Certified 3/2
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MRTEX:
All my shit is on a trust, just did another form 4 and form 1 but to my trust. Crossing my fingers. Certified 3/2
View Quote

The quick turns are for individuals, unfortunately not the trust route.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SGT-Fish:
Not to burst your bubble. But this has been happening to most people the last couple weeks. ATF changed its process and things are speeding up
View Quote

Not to burst your bubble, but I know that. I get 4-6 approvals every week.

This one is the fastest I've ever received.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I picked up a YHM phantom 22 because of the speed. Ordered it on 2/29. I have yet to certify it. Called the FFL, who generally sucks, but the suppressor had not arrived there yet. I contacted SS to see what the status was and was told the ATF has not approved it to transfer yet.
So I wonder if they're going to slow it down on that side of it, but most likely it's got to do with the massive numbers that are being purchased at this point.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:16:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbles] [#10]
The faster processing times are being explained in the ATF FFL/SOT webinar being held today.

High-level synopsis if you didn't get the invitation or couldn't attend (only 3000 invitations were sent out):

Holdup of processing is primarily due to FBI NICS because all F1/F4/F5 applicants get run through it.  GCA specifies three-day response for Title I, NFA does not, so NFA background check requests are given a lower priority; NFA background checks get done when the FBI has time to do them.

ATF used to use FIFO for F1/F4/F5 applications under old business process.  Now it moves an application forward once a response from FBI NICS has been received; F1/F4/F5 with a FBI NICS response are not stacked up behind others waiting on the FBI NICS response.

If you submit as an individual and you typically get through FBI NICS instantly when you purchase a Title I firearm then your F1/F4/F5 will be processed quickly.  If you are delayed every time then it will take longer because there is no mandate on the FBI to respond to an NFA NICS background check in three days.  If your FBI NICS never gets a response (remains "Open" when purchasing a Title I firearm and the dealer simply transfers on the third business day) then F1/F4/F5 will take a long time because ATF doesn't move forward until it gets a response from FBI NICS.

Providing SSN, especially if you constantly are delayed or have a common name, speeds up F1/F4/F5 application.

Transferees need to get a UPIN if they are always delayed or if FBI NICS never sends a response to the FFL for a Title I transfer (status remains "Open" forever) if they want to improve their F1/F4/F5 processing times.

If multiple individual applications are made same day then ATF "bundles" them and one FBI NICS background check is used for all of them.

ATF business process for individual F1/F4/F5 has been streamlined so once FBI NICS response is received the F1/F4/F5 process at ATF finishes quickly (within hours).

Some examiners do only individual applications, others do only trust applications.

ATF business process for trust F1/F4/F5 hasn't been streamlined yet, that is going to be worked out over the next few months.

Even if there is a new process, trust transfers will always take longer than individual due to complexity, requirement to review the trust document language for state legality and completeness, and greater possibility of error (e.g. number of trustees is greater than number of submitted 5320.23 forms).  It sounds like the trust process is faster if each RP on the trust has an eForms account rather than just the primary trustee who is submitting the eF1/eF4.

Trusts where just one person is listed as the settlor, trustee, and beneficiary are not legal (merger doctrine).  Trust will be delayed if any RP background check is delayed by FBI NICS.  Some trust F1/F4's have been submitted where a trustee / trust applicant is a minor which is also a problem.

If trust has language that beneficiary may possess or shoot the firearm, even if only in the presence of the trustee, then the beneficiary must also submit an RP.

ATF will deny F1/F4/F5 because FBI NICS returns a "Deny" response.  The applicant has to fix the problem with the FBI NICS because ATF is not given info on why the background check was denied.  Use same appeal process as for a Title I "Deny" response, and expect to get a UPIN in the future.

Third-party certifications with eForms are not legal and an FFL/SOT who does it will have access to the system revoked.  Certifications must be done by the actual transferor and transferee.  So, don't be using a PIN from someone else and don't give your PIN to anyone.

eForms application is currently being updated to permit certain data corrections to the form instead of instant denial and resubmit needed; the update should be released in a month or so.

Currently 96% of applications are eForms versus paper forms.

While the federal statute requires applicants to submit fingerprints, neither the ATF nor the FBI use them for anything.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#12]
As long as there are bubbles to burst,

a guy I shot with today got one in 4 hours.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm sitting on a week and one day since certification. I've not got mine so far, dadgummit!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top