Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 3:37:27 PM EDT
Good Afternoon All,

I am in need of a good load with a 115gr heavy plated 9MM bullet and TITEGROUP powder. This will be for plinking/playing only. I have an abundance of TITEGROUP and recently was given a 4 gallon bucket of bullets from a friend who moved and didn't want to take them. I have multiple load books lee, hornady, speer, lyman ,: listed were COL 1.100" start 3.8gr Max 4.3gr, I have tried 3.8 , 3.9, 4.0 , 4.1, 4.2 with no luck, getting failure to feed at least once in all loads. (Glock 47 with DOT), all loaded on Dillon and correct T/C applied. I normally load 124 Gr Xtreams and have not had issues at all.
Thanks In Advance
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Your data sounds like data for 124gr bullets.

For me, 115gr bullet w/ 4.8 gr Titegroup is my preferrence.  Very accurate, especially with a good JHP like 115gr XTP.  

I do 4.8 for plated RN as well.  Accurate, & reliable in my Glocks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably need more info on the ftf.

Probably not the bullet/powder. My guess would be OAL or crimp before powder and bullet.

I am loading 3.8 gr with 125 gr blue bullets. But my oal is 1.135. Crimp is .377.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoeDevola:
Your data sounds like data for 124gr bullets.

For me, 115gr bullet w/ 4.8 gr Titegroup is my preferrence.  Very accurate, especially with a good JHP like 115gr XTP.  

I do 4.8 for plated RN as well.  Accurate, & reliable in my Glocks.
View Quote

Exactly mine as well, whether plated or jacketed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, the ftf (failure to feed) was on the return back to battery after a round fired, the round coming up out of the mag was caught by the slide. I think its a low charge not reciprocating the slide enough. My chronograph is down at the moment picking up a new one tomorrow to test.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have long since loaded 4.4 grains of TG at 1.145 OAL with excellent results, but there is definitely a little headroom on top of that.

I've done several Chrono ladders of that load and your standard 4-in barrel should end up around 1150fps.

Add more powder and you'll go faster, but be careful working up as always.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:12:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By slonebo:
Thanks, the ftf (failure to feed) was on the return back to battery after a round fired, the round coming up out of the mag was caught by the slide. I think its a low charge not reciprocating the slide enough. My chronograph is down at the moment picking up a new one tomorrow to test.
View Quote

I do agree, the charge is low/slow cycling.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#7]
You might want us hard cast lead reloading data and work up load that is SAFE, ACCURATE, & RELIABLE in your guns not someone else's.
Copy cat reloading is just like trolling for trouble.  And, then you might come with loads that do not work in your gun.  Solid leg work is
necessary to avoid problems on your end.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]

This was the data that I was going to suggest.

It might very well be that your loads are underpowered hence the failing to cycle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I have loaded some where around 10k of 115gr 9mm with 4gr of titegroop over the past few years. Never any issued in any 9mm I have shot it out of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top