Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2024 2:55:47 AM EDT
Any idea what Sig is about to release? Looks like it is using a Pmag and an Magpul SGA stock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:00:26 AM EDT
[#1]
A pony?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#2]
With ugly ass Magpul furniture. Instant classic..
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:15:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#3]
It’s a sporterized ban compliant Spear. There’s pictures floating around already. From this picture to what it really is was like seeing a big pair of knockers but when you open the video it’s a tranny with a mustache level disgusting.

I was hoping they were getting into the semi auto shotgun game. Instead they gave us the ugliest and worst thought out firearm they’ve ever made.

ETA: Pic
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:02:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Aww, I was hoping for a shotgun as well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
It’s a sporterized ban compliant Spear. There’s pictures floating around already. From this picture to what it really is was like seeing a big pair of knockers but when you open the video it’s a tranny with a mustache level disgusting.

I was hoping they were getting into the semi auto shotgun game. Instead they gave us the ugliest and worst thought out firearm they’ve ever made.

ETA: Pic
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/IMG_3236_jpeg-3146624.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#6]
It’s good that they kept the shitty rail-receiver interface. Subjects in ban states shouldn’t have lasers that maintain zero.

/SARCASM
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#7]
From this picture to what it really is was like seeing a big pair of knockers but when you open the video it’s a tranny with a mustache level disgusting.
[/url]
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Fight Lite seems to be doing well with the version they came out with a few years ago.  Figures a big name would jump on the train also.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#9]
FM products Ranch Rifle seems more better
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey man. Feel some sympathy for the ARFCOMers in California, Oregon, Washington State etc. When you have bands of drug users littering your property with feces and hypodermic needles, you need some sort of tool to take care of the job.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tspike:
With ugly ass Magpul furniture. Instant classic..
View Quote

You aint wrong...
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 4:59:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#12]
Originally Posted By themao:
Hey man. Feel some sympathy for the ARFCOMers in California, Oregon, Washington State etc. When you have bands of drug users littering your property with feces and hypodermic needles, you need some sort of tool to take care of the job.
View Quote

I can understand helping out the ban state folks, but the layout of this gun is awful. Mag release and bolt release are too far away. I’m trying to imagine how one charges it without extreme awkwardness but can’t. The entire gun is multiple inches longer than it needs to be and it doesn’t work in its favor at all.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:22:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#13]

I can understand helping out the ban state folks, but the layout of this gun is awful. Mag release and bolt release are too far away. I’m trying to imagine how one charges it without extreme awkwardness but can’t. The entire gun is multiple inches longer than it needs to be and it doesn’t work in its favor at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By themao:

To be fair, you can easily reach back with your support hand and drop the mag since it has ambi-controls. The Fightlite SCR and FM Ranch have hard to reach mag releases as well. An ambi-mag catch solves the problem, the manual of arms has to be a little modified due to the design of the ranch AR concept. Personally I would have rather Sig use something like their Tread upper to make a ranch style AR. I think Sig kind of missed the point of the Ranch AR concept. It is supposed to be light and handy and the Spear isn’t, especially this design. I think the FM version of the Ranch AR concept is the best currently on the market. The only change I’d make is installing an ambi-mag release. The miss for both the Fightlite SCR and the Sig Ranch Spear is the lack of a side Charger. The manual of arms is already awkward due to the design, keeping the standard AR style rear charging handle makes it even more awkward.

https://store.fm-products.com/products/fm-products-rr15-16m-wx-hcbl-5397

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Agree, but Sig was saving themselves $$$ by hacking on a MCX upper receiver to that awful lower.

They should have taken a note from the old HK SL7s or the new Benelli R1 rifles for comparison purposes. Heck, the Browning BARs are pretty nice semi auto hunting rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top