Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 9:12:26 AM EDT
Since I have lots of AR stuff, I want the Stoner platform as my first machine gun.

I've got the money.

What do "I want"?

Simply a pre-86 transferrable M-16?

My idea is to remove the upper, replace lower furniture, and fix it up with a Firelite MCR upper and have a little M249 type gun for pig hunting and ammo wasting.

With that end goal in mind, please give me your thoughts as to what I should be shopping for?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have the money, do it proper.
Get a Colt M16/M16a1 registered receiver.
Unmolested, they are always in spec, whereas the SP1 or brand x receiver conversions occasionally have something that needs attending to.

RCA
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt M-16A1 or A2.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
If money is no option a M16A1 or A2 RR is they way to go.

I personally went with a non-colt RR due to the significant difference in cost. I did have it worked on to get it into spec.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes a Colt 614 can be picked up for a bit less than an M-16 marked gun, but same lower so perhaps a middle-ground between non-Colt and M-16 (A1 or A2).
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
There are more than one Stoner platform available in fullauto.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By WackbiscuitThorazine:
Since I have lots of AR stuff, I want the Stoner platform as my first machine gun.

I've got the money.

What do "I want"?

Simply a pre-86 transferrable M-16?

My idea is to remove the upper, replace lower furniture, and fix it up with a Firelite MCR upper and have a little M249 type gun for pig hunting and ammo wasting.

With that end goal in mind, please give me your thoughts as to what I should be shopping for?
View Quote
If your main desire is to use the MCR belt fed upper, have you considered getting a RDIAS or RLL instead?

Doing so would allow you to get this lower: https://www.cryostructure.com/product/purpose-built-ar-15-belt-fed-100-lower-receiver-bfar/
Directly takes SAW boxes giving you a lower profile.

Back in the day before it existed, I had an AR magwell milled out to directly take SAW boxes and mags with my MGI modular lower as pictured below as well as AK47, AK74 mags and drums, GG mags too.

Today, MGI has been re-born as https://www.hydraweaponry.com/  and they are a site sponsor here.  Only new magwell they have today is the MP5 magwell: https://www.hydraweaponry.com/product-category/interchangeable-magazine-wells/
I was told they are coming out with a Scorpion magwell but it would be Shot 2025 at the earliest.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
So many good comments and good direction.

Thank you gents!

Im off to searching the internet for those options now...!
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top